Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Doctors' Surgeries Are Told To Open All Hours

Still Waters

Patients will be able to visit their GPs outside of work hours under plans announced by David Cameron to boost access to family doctors.

More than 7.5 million people will have increased access to GP services as part of the £50m GP Access Fund, including late night and weekend appointments.

The plan will see extended surgery opening hours, as well as new consultation methods including video and email.

https://uk.news.yaho...61.html#ItBWZ9R

I agree with this although is there enough doctors to cope with the extended hours?

I agree with this although is there enough doctors to cope with the extended hours?

Bean counters don't care about that. It just has to look good on paper. I wouldn't like to have an overworked or exhausted surgeon cutting on me or a family member.

We have three GP clinics in my home town.

One is open every day of the year, but between 7am and 4pm.

One is open every day, all day, but has less staff.

One is in way town and studiously avioided by everyone who is in full possession of all their teeth and know how to wear shoes.

I can't see how saying "clinics should be open all the time" is a bad thing. There should be someone available to render medical aid without going to the hospital.

Seems like a waste of money to me. They already have a walk in center in most cities so they should just put a doctor in there 24 hours.

• Like 1