Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

'Satnav' footwear help you find your way home

Still Waters

The days of trying to decipher a map on your mobile phone when you're lost may soon be at an end thanks to a new pair of shoes that tell you which way to walk.

http://fashion.teleg...r-way-home.html

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• BNDGK

• Beany

• MissJatti

• Kenemet

I wonder how they stand up in practical use though. One would imagine getting these wet might be damaging and also the constant pressure of your weight might do the same.

(Quoted from the article)

"You can even communicate with them using hand gestures and finger snaps because the shoes have sensors that can pick up movement and sound"

I wonder if being amongst a crowd may confuse them or otherwise screw with them. Lots of sound in cities, lots of people moving about.

But overall a clever idea.

Well, it saves having to go to the extreme trouble of asking someone for directions I suppose... :mellow:

• Like 1

no need for a foot spa then

An interesting development in our increasingly information-rich world.

As a child, I learned to navigate using maps and a sense of direction... of late, I find that I prefer to use my car's GPS to get around. Admittedly, part of that is that I tend to muse about many things as I drive and I'm likely to miss an exit if I'm deep in thought!

Hmm.. makes me wonder how these types of things could be used to benefit those with ailments like the visually impaired... I wouldn't trust the technology too much though. There's always a fault in the system.

What a great looking pair of shoes, sat-nav or not. But couldn't one just use the GPS on one's phone? As someone with absolutely no sense of director other than backwards, forwards, left & right, I need all the help I can get.

• 4 weeks later...

The days of trying to decipher a map on your mobile phone when you're lost may soon be at an end thanks to a new pair of shoes that tell you which way to walk.

http://fashion.teleg...r-way-home.html

Wow,These shoes sound cool.I will give these pair of shoes to my kids who sometime forgive some location and find it difficult to come back to a particular location.