Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

celtic cross

BuffY

The Celtic cross, which is an ancient and sacred symbol, with which most people are familiar, appears to be a representation of an ancient instrument that was used by our ancestors as far back as Neolithic times. I believe that it was what the Ancient Egyptians and Phoenicians used to survey their buildings and navigate the oceans of the world. Despite the discovery of cocaine in some of the Egyptian Mummies, it has been argued, in august and academic circles, that it was impossible for them or the Phoenicians to have crossed the Atlantic in prehistory, because of their inability to navigate.

post-32-1046611830.jpg

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bloated Corpse

• FreyKade

• BuffY

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

maybe the egyption ankh was use like a compas or somthing. i dont know how it woyuld work..but maybe

I wouldn't say impossible simply because we couldn't be there to witness it first hand, I would state it as improbable. As I sit here thinking of all the ancient wonders, mainly the pyramids for the moment, I think if they could build those with what little they had then they could have had there own little trading or scouting party that crossed the Atlantic. There might not be any evidence that they were ever there, but wouldn't it to the natives like they were Gods coming to reap what they may from the inhabitants of where they happened to live? I don't want to go into a long discussion, so I'll leave it at that.

I wouldn't say impossible simply because we couldn't be there to witness it first hand, I would state it as improbable. As I sit here thinking of all the ancient wonders, mainly the pyramids for the moment, I think if they could build those with what little they had then they could have had there own little trading or scouting party that crossed the Atlantic. There might not be any evidence that they were ever there, but wouldn't it to the natives like they were Gods coming to reap what they may from the inhabitants of where they happened to live? I don't want to go into a long discussion, so I'll leave it at that.