Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Future Dreaming

Future Dreamer

Since i were young i'm having future dreams, sometimes it really scares me because i have no explanation for it.

The first experience with future dreaming was very shocking and make me very emotional, i got so emotional that i cried because i didn't understand how this was possible i can see what happens in future.

After getting older i am getting more used to it but still sometimes i can get emotional about it when my dream come true.

Most dreams i have are happening the next day, its like i already living the next day in my dream.

I also had very bad experience with future dreaming like i dream my mum fall from the stairs and next day it happened.

I also dream the day before my grandma had an excident and also how the excident happen already from my dream, sometimes i feel responsible for it like i could have known and prevent.

Still i have future dreams and sometimes its confusing because not knowing if its a future dream or a normal dream i don't know yet how to recognize them its just guesing if it will happen that day.

For example i dream simple things like i flush my phone in the toilet and the toilet got stuck, next day i check the basement for some tools and i see there is a problem with the toilet sewer.

Dreaming about things that people will say to me or where they will go next day or also where i will go next day and see things or signs in the streets that were in my dreams last night.

I'm now aware that its not coincidence anymore because i had hunderds of these dreams already.

I really want to get in control with this and learn more about it maybe people with the same experience and knowledge about it can give me some explanation about future dreaming or some good advice.

You could just be really smart, like Sherlock smart, and whats happening is that you can suss out people to the point where you can predict how they will react to things. So when a situation you figured may crop up happens you have already gotten a good idea of how it will play out. So what's happening is that you do it so often that your mind dreams it when you sleep. Although that does not explain seeing random events like an accident. It could be a gift or a curse depending how you look at it.

_EDIT_

I just want to add that brains are very complicated. Just look at so called deja vu, some people claim that it is a brain abnormality and that current events are getting processed incorrectly and then stored in the wrong part of memory. So what happens is that the 'past experience' part of your brain suddenly has current situation thought stored in it. As you don't know this has occurred you process the event as having already happened.

You could have a variation of that, where current events are getting stored in the 'remember dreams' part of your brain by accident and so you are perceiving current events to have happened previously in a dream.

Or it could be a psychic gift. There are weird things that some people have. Like I would pretty much always pick up my phone to check for missed calls or texts about a minute before my ex girlfriend would call. Just had a feeling she was gonna call, even though it was random times.

Edited by bulveye
  • Like 1

You could just be really smart, like Sherlock smart, and whats happening is that you can suss out people to the point where you can predict how they will react to things. So when a situation you figured may crop up happens you have already gotten a good idea of how it will play out. So what's happening is that you do it so often that your mind dreams it when you sleep. Although that does not explain seeing random events like an accident. It could be a gift or a curse depending how you look at it.

_EDIT_

I just want to add that brains are very complicated. Just look at so called deja vu, some people claim that it is a brain abnormality and that current events are getting processed incorrectly and then stored in the wrong part of memory. So what happens is that the 'past experience' part of your brain suddenly has current situation thought stored in it. As you don't know this has occurred you process the event as having already happened.

You could have a variation of that, where current events are getting stored in the 'remember dreams' part of your brain by accident and so you are perceiving current events to have happened previously in a dream.

Or it could be a psychic gift. There are weird things that some people have. Like I would pretty much always pick up my phone to check for missed calls or texts about a minute before my ex girlfriend would call. Just had a feeling she was gonna call, even though it was random times.

Thanks, to be honest for bad events it feels like a curse but what if i handle more fast and warn them before it happens then it feels like a gift you are right at that part. That is why i hope i can somehow training it and learn too control my future dreaming and recognize if they will become reality or not.

Dejavu i have sometimes but i think that is a very common thing.

I'm sure my dreams are not happened yet or anything related to anything that happened yet.

Your example about the calls or text messages i have that very often and i always amaze people about that. With friends and family i am connected especially when it's about feelings.

The closer the relationship to the person the better the connection and feeling when there is something they need to share. Also maybe a common thing but sometimes feels like an unexplainable connection.

And sometimes very hard to understand.

Edited by futuredreamer

I know this is not really the same thing, but when I was little I was a huge fan of the Simpsons cartoons. I have seen them so many times that I knew every episode. I would think about a particular episode and like 2 days later, without fail that rerun would come on. As an adult I think, well maybe I just saw the preview commercials a few days before, but I don't remember ever seeing previews for reruns. Was I a Simpsons psychic? probably not, maybe I just memorized the rerun schedule after watching it for so long.

• Like 1

I really want to get in control with this and learn more about it maybe people with the same experience and knowledge about it can give me some explanation about future dreaming or some good advice.

Hi,

What you dream about are likely outcome projections. In one case you were able to ask yourself about the pluming for the toilet. You were able to alter a likely outcome.

Many times there are no actions that you can take to influence an outcome potential. However there is always an energetic response that you can present to a circumstance. I find that compassion and accepting the choices of others is energetic influential.

John

Hi,

What you dream about are likely outcome projections. In one case you were able to ask yourself about the pluming for the toilet. You were able to alter a likely outcome.

Many times there are no actions that you can take to influence an outcome potential. However there is always an energetic response that you can present to a circumstance. I find that compassion and accepting the choices of others is energetic influential.

John

Thank you for the reply!

That is true but for me it is not likely anymore because they are real outcome projections / future dreams, i've had hunderds of them and still have, in most case when i almost fall a sleep or when i wake up in the morning and fall asleep again. The half awake/sleeping state give me best results of future dreams before i wrote all in a logbook and saw it really happen the next day and link it to my log.

In all case i dream things i can not controll or have influence to it before dreaming or after dreaming because offcourse i also dream things that not will become reality, the things just happen and even after so many times it still suprises me.

Edited by futuredreamer

Hey futuredreamer,

Maybe get one of those free 'dictaphone' apps for your phone. I think there are some easy to use ones, then when you wake up record everything you remember from the dream. Then if in a dream you see some big news on the TV or something you can write about it here in the predictions section. That way if it then happens in real life a few days later you can show people your prediction which will be dated a few days before the event!

• Like 1

Hey futuredreamer,

Maybe get one of those free 'dictaphone' apps for your phone. I think there are some easy to use ones, then when you wake up record everything you remember from the dream. Then if in a dream you see some big news on the TV or something you can write about it here in the predictions section. That way if it then happens in real life a few days later you can show people your prediction which will be dated a few days before the event!

Thanks, now sometimes i note on paper but i will try this app for sure!

Just my dreams are about what will happen the next day around me and not world events, but who knows i will have such dreams someday then i surely will post them!

Thanks, now sometimes i note on paper but i will try this app for sure!

Just my dreams are about what will happen the next day around me and not world events, but who knows i will have such dreams someday then i surely will post them!

Try controlling your dreams a bit. There are a few ways of doing it, I find, for me, that setting an alarm for about 5am and waking up and switching it off then going back to sleep then whatever I am thinking about before I nod off then is in my dreams.

Another one is get used to switching light switches of and on every time you enter and leave a room, after a few weeks of doing this you start to do it in your dreams, except in dreams there is always a weird delay with the light or the switches don't work. Sometimes this is enough to let you know you are dreaming and then you have a lucid dream doing whatever you want!

If the above works for you then try and remember a name; George Ford. He's a pretty cool guy and you could have a chat with him.

• Like 1

Hi there,

I find when things become very full on like this they do because they have no real outlet or way to ground. I think if you found a way to balance your more intuitive side by giving it more prominence and a voice in your woken day by day life, then the dreams would ease off and you would learn to use your other senses to distribute the higher energy /awareness part of you that your receiving.

Meditation and starting a dream journal would be a good first step. I also had to learn to stop doubting what i got and start voicing things more, it was a little hit and miss in the beginning but over time it was literally me needing to voice things out that calmed things down. Suppressing and ignoring does not work that much i can say. Don't be afraid to tell people in benevolent ways if you get a message or dream they should know about. You don't have to tell people exactly what it is unless you know they can handle it. You can still get a message across by saying, be on the low today, or be more careful today.

I believe when we voice things and the message is meant to be heard that the intention and vibration in the message will always reach the recipient in the way it's meant too and that even if the 'event' didn't then happen, then it isn't proof you were wrong. It's just having faith that we are all connected to a greater awareness and by being made aware of something can be enough to change an outcome.

Plus it is phase your going through, it will calm down in time.

Try controlling your dreams a bit. There are a few ways of doing it, I find, for me, that setting an alarm for about 5am and waking up and switching it off then going back to sleep then whatever I am thinking about before I nod off then is in my dreams.

Another one is get used to switching light switches of and on every time you enter and leave a room, after a few weeks of doing this you start to do it in your dreams, except in dreams there is always a weird delay with the light or the switches don't work. Sometimes this is enough to let you know you are dreaming and then you have a lucid dream doing whatever you want!

If the above works for you then try and remember a name; George Ford. He's a pretty cool guy and you could have a chat with him.

Thank you very much, that are very usefull things that i will surely try to follow, i already noticed that when i wake up and then go sleep again i will most likely have the future dreams.

I like the idea about switching the lights but i already do that cause else i cannot find my bed ^^

Also sometimes i have this weird nights that i wake up every hour maybe 6 times in a row and almost exactly 60 minutes between and notice that i just want too stare at the clock, and i don't know why.

Then i cover my clock with a paper so i can not see the time and then i don't have it anymore, strange isn't it?

I will remember George Ford, and can see if i can have a chat.

Edited by futuredreamer

Hi there,

I find when things become very full on like this they do because they have no real outlet or way to ground. I think if you found a way to balance your more intuitive side by giving it more prominence and a voice in your woken day by day life, then the dreams would ease off and you would learn to use your other senses to distribute the higher energy /awareness part of you that your receiving.

Meditation and starting a dream journal would be a good first step. I also had to learn to stop doubting what i got and start voicing things more, it was a little hit and miss in the beginning but over time it was literally me needing to voice things out that calmed things down. Suppressing and ignoring does not work that much i can say. Don't be afraid to tell people in benevolent ways if you get a message or dream they should know about. You don't have to tell people exactly what it is unless you know they can handle it. You can still get a message across by saying, be on the low today, or be more careful today.

I believe when we voice things and the message is meant to be heard that the intention and vibration in the message will always reach the recipient in the way it's meant too and that even if the 'event' didn't then happen, then it isn't proof you were wrong. It's just having faith that we are all connected to a greater awareness and by being made aware of something can be enough to change an outcome.

Plus it is phase your going through, it will calm down in time.

I also believe that somehow we are all connected to each other by a greater awareness and i am still learning about being consciousness in many ways and i think my dreams are related to that lesson.

Unfortunatly i have many stress and i am a very nervous person that makes it difficult for me too do meditation.

i have some experience with meditation and also some strange experiences i made a post of it as well on UM forum.

It's not that i want suspress and ignore the future dreams because sometimes i really like it and hope i can develop them to a higher level.

I am also sure a message is meant to be heard because it feels i have this for a reason and i need to find my path.

Sometimes its difficult because i feel shame to tell or warn when i am not sure the dream will become reality.

But i will try follow your advice and be more open about my dreams in my daily life and warn when something happened in my dream.

I am very grateful for all comments here and it help me a lot, so also thank you a lot!

Future dreaming is a good thing to have and one that you can use to assess how you can best arrange your own life so that outcomes, like fixing the plumbing; can be beneficial to you in the long run.

Averting accidents for both yourself and others is also good in that one would tend to focus on the here and now rather than being non focused when in dangerous situations like walking down steps.

Accidents that cant be prevented shouldnt be worried about and no responsibility can be taken on board as more often than not, any help you offer in this regard would label you a Woo woo person, far more damaging than gaining confidence in yourself and life.

I take it you are a young teen and are just coming into your creative awareness? because that is similar to my awakening and it happened around 14 years old for me, otherwise good on ya and good luck....

Future dreaming is a good thing to have and one that you can use to assess how you can best arrange your own life so that outcomes, like fixing the plumbing; can be beneficial to you in the long run.

Averting accidents for both yourself and others is also good in that one would tend to focus on the here and now rather than being non focused when in dangerous situations like walking down steps.

Accidents that cant be prevented shouldnt be worried about and no responsibility can be taken on board as more often than not, any help you offer in this regard would label you a Woo woo person, far more damaging than gaining confidence in yourself and life.

I take it you are a young teen and are just coming into your creative awareness? because that is similar to my awakening and it happened around 14 years old for me, otherwise good on ya and good luck....

Thanks, that is true like you said future dreaming can also be very usefull.

I am not a teener anymore, i wish hehe ^^ but i think about awareness you can learn a lot not only as teener but always exploring new things and possibilities in being consciousness, that's my opinion.

Unfortunately i have many stress and i am a very nervous person that makes it difficult for me too do meditation.

i have some experience with meditation and also some strange experiences i made a post of it as well on UM forum.

It's not that i want suppress and ignore the future dreams because sometimes i really like it and hope i can develop them to a higher level.

I think this might help..

In particular the idea of stepping aside from thoughts.

• Like 2

I think this might help..

In particular the idea of stepping aside from thoughts.

[media=]

[/media]

it surely does help, although it is basic its good refreshing the mind with it.

I like her videos and will check some more, thanks :tu:

• Like 1

Her videos are good, i like her style. She talks about things in a very similar way / language to how i understand things. I think what's great about it is we often forget the basics when amidst the 'storm' - and ironically it's keeping things simple that are key, we always try to over complicate things or automatically think that a complex problem requires a miracle or complex solution.

• Like 2

Last night I had an amazing experience, I had a dream inside a dream.

My girlfriend and me are soon getting married in foreign country and that was the subject of my dream.

In short version here is what happened:

I dreamed that my girlfriend told me we can not get married and I felt very sad about it, I couldn't figure out why or what was the reason of it.

I woke up and I told my family about that my girlfriend told me this sad news, later I woke up again and realize I had a dream inside a dream.

Today I told my girlfriend about my dream and she got really amazed, she told me that today she went to the embassy and they told her we cannot get married without a stamp that is needed on a paper for validation.

The funny thing is I watched her picture before I go sleep because in this post the article tells about it can solve problems watching someone picture before sleeping.

When I go sleep I always listen binaural sound-waves, alpha, delta and deep theta, I really believe this can trigger these kind of experiences.

Edited by Future Dreamer

I also believe that somehow we are all connected to each other by a greater awareness and i am still learning about being consciousness in many ways and i think my dreams are related to that lesson.

Unfortunatly i have many stress and i am a very nervous person that makes it difficult for me too do meditation.

Not necessarily connected by feelings, but compassion is a human trait and it's what makes us human after all.

The dreams are a strong medium for solving problems in the daily routine.

I'd like to ask you that you do a test, if you want of course, of a simple data gathering. If you're having these sorts of premonitions on a regular basis, try to remember when those occur and write the time and date on the paper. Personally, I always seek people who're able to do premonitions and it doesn't surprise me what you've stated here. If you're under the daily stress you might have more ludicrous dreams et cetera, so I'd like to ask you a couple of questions.

- How often did these things happened?

- What was the premonition, can you give a particular example of the strongest experience yet?

- Does it happen during the 9pm-12am, 12am-3am or 3am-6am (and if you're a late sleeper from 5am-8am)?

- Is it strictly just people who're close to you or close relatives who have some problems in their daily life which they can't overcome?

And this is for the posterity - please, always write down when it happened, the date and the time (as close as it can get, this is purely for testing the astrological research that I'm condoning in the past five years so you'd be a sport if you'd help me here and I might even help you with my experience though I never had premonitions but I know very few people who did and a lot of frauds who were just seeking the attention because of their bad childhood and inability to socialize).

• Like 1

Not necessarily connected by feelings, but compassion is a human trait and it's what makes us human after all.

The dreams are a strong medium for solving problems in the daily routine.

I'd like to ask you that you do a test, if you want of course, of a simple data gathering. If you're having these sorts of premonitions on a regular basis, try to remember when those occur and write the time and date on the paper. Personally, I always seek people who're able to do premonitions and it doesn't surprise me what you've stated here. If you're under the daily stress you might have more ludicrous dreams et cetera, so I'd like to ask you a couple of questions.

- How often did these things happened?

- What was the premonition, can you give a particular example of the strongest experience yet?

- Does it happen during the 9pm-12am, 12am-3am or 3am-6am (and if you're a late sleeper from 5am-8am)?

- Is it strictly just people who're close to you or close relatives who have some problems in their daily life which they can't overcome?

And this is for the posterity - please, always write down when it happened, the date and the time (as close as it can get, this is purely for testing the astrological research that I'm condoning in the past five years so you'd be a sport if you'd help me here and I might even help you with my experience though I never had premonitions but I know very few people who did and a lot of frauds who were just seeking the attention because of their bad childhood and inability to socialize).

Off course I want to do that:

- It happens with many variation sometimes 1-2 times a week sometimes 4-5 times a week it really depends how deep I sleep, it mostly happen when I am in a light sleep.

- The dreams I gave as example in this post are my strongest experiences, that's why I decide to make this post. (also the last one I posted recently).

I have also other dreams that not become true that's why sometimes its difficult to know what will really happen and what won't.

- I am a late sleeper because having many thoughts that make me cannot sleep mostly it happens around 3am-6am, 6am-9am, 9am-12am.

I almost never sleep longer then 6 hours always I wake up once or 2 times a night while sleeping because my dream end, having 2-3 dreams a night and most I can remember very clear and detailed.

- It's almost always about my daily life and in all cases my dream become true the next day or rarely the day after.

In almost all cases it's about relatives and family or myself. Just sometimes I dream about others I don't know and most time then I cannot know these will become true.

I will write them down in this forum.

Most case my dreams are witnessed because I told my dreams before it happened and I surely don't fraud I don't see the point of that but as you said it might also happen.

Thanks for your reply I am surely interested in similar experiences or research about premonition dreams.

• Like 1

Thank you for sharing it and thank you for the additional information. I'll be sure to always drop by and check your posts.