Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Gold bars removed from Indian man's stomach

Still Waters

Twelve bars of gold have been recovered from the stomach of a businessman in the Indian capital, Delhi, a surgeon treating him has said.

Dr CS Ramachandran, a senior surgeon at Delhi's Sir Ganga Ram Hospital, said he had never seen a "case like this in my life".

http://www.bbc.co.uk...-india-27076019

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• acidhead

• Skep B

• Rlyeh

• Still Waters

Top Posters In This Topic

Husband and Wife having a fight

Husband got angry, and swallowed 12 bars of gold

Wife swallows 12 bars of wispa gold

Cased closed end of story

An expensive taste.

It's interesting to note the reason he had the gold. India's ruppee is failing, it's losing value, and the indian gov has restrictions in place in an effort to prop up it's currency. It's too bad for him he was caught. Gold is real money or stored wealth. It's the best hedge against inflation.

It's interesting to note the reason he had the gold. India's ruppee is failing, it's losing value, and the indian gov has restrictions in place in an effort to prop up it's currency. It's too bad for him he was caught. Gold is real money or stored wealth. It's the best hedge against inflation.

Please...he just likes rich food.

On a more serious note.

I dont understand the gold thing w/ people

Please...he just likes rich food.

On a more serious note.

I dont understand the gold thing w/ people

What don't you understand?

People's claim that in the event of economic collapse that it will still work as a form of currency.

It's a shiny rock. If you go someplace to sell it you have to hope that youll get a fair price for it as much as you would anything else that you're trading. And golds not even all that useful for anything

I'm sure theres a symbalance of reason behind the idea of Gold but im just totally missing it

Historically gold has always been money. It still is today. It's traded all across the planet.

Unless the seller is desperate gold is traded at market value everywhere on the planet today.

Gold is a useless metal? Reeeally?

Gold is a curb against the inflationary effects of the worlds reserve currency, the petrol US $ . It's an investment.

Historically gold has always been money. It still is today. It's traded all across the planet.

Unless the seller is desperate gold is traded at market value everywhere on the planet today.

Gold is a useless metal? Reeeally?

Gold is a curb against the inflationary effects of the worlds reserve currency, the petrol US $ . It's an investment.

Who are you going to sell it to when there is no money and it is in your gut? Edited by Rlyeh

Right but its only as good as the person youre selling it to is willine to pay.

its a shiny rock, it cant be manufactured into anything useful.

its shiny and soft thats what i mean its not useful.

if youre hungry enough i can get you to give me a wheelbarrow of gold for a piece of bread, its not all that helpful then.

Who are you going to sell it to when there is no money and it is in your gut?

No money?

Gold is money!

Right but its only as good as the person youre selling it to is willine to pay.

its a shiny rock, it cant be manufactured into anything useful.

its shiny and soft thats what i mean its not useful.

if youre hungry enough i can get you to give me a wheelbarrow of gold for a piece of bread, its not all that helpful then.

Of course, gold is worth what another individual is willing to trade for it!

The value of gold is rooted in its medium rarity, easily handling, easy smelting, non-corrosiveness, distinct colour and non-reactiveness to other elements; qualities most other metals lack. http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gold

Have you ever heard the saying "worth its weight in gold"? This common phrase is useful in understanding why gold would once again be used as a medium of exchange should a monetary collapse occur.

In a barter system there must be a coincidence of wants before two people can trade – one must want exactly what the other has to offer, when and where it is offered, so that the exchange can occur. A medium of exchange permits the value of goods to be assessed and rendered in terms of the intermediary, most often, a form of money widely accepted to buy any other good.

Gold and other precious metals provide this medium of exchange.