Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Has Apple found the Loch Ness Monster?

Stonecoldvampzy

I hope that they never find this so called monster. What do you think will happen if they do? First, they will trap it, then kill it, then stufy it. I hope it remain elusive forever. I knw it's there because people are seeing something that they can't explain. But, I hope it lives on in he deepest parts of that lake or any other. I don't want to see it destroyed like scientist would probably, no doubt do, just to study the poor thing. Leave it alone. Please.

crisb

Right, because it's those pesky scientists that are killing all of the whales, bald eagles, etc.

Here's a thorough analysis of the image and why it appears the way that it does:

https://www.metabunk.org/threads/debunked-photo-of-nessie-in-apple-maps-satellite-image-of-loch-ness-boat.3474/

• Like 2

Certainly looks like a boat wake but ... uhm ...where's the boat?

all i can do is shake my head at this one, i could tell what it was right away..... jeeezz lmao

Certainly looks like a boat wake but ... uhm ...where's the boat?

You're looking right at it.

post-106978-0-92182200-1398110018_thumb.

• Like 2

Must have missed that earlier. Thanks!

To me it looks like that there used to be a boat. They retouched the boat out of the picture, and all you have left are the waves created by the boat, and that's what we see.

Exactly what I was going to post.....Maybe not even photoshopped out..

google-cap-nessie.png

:tu:

To me, why is this picture even questioned? Indeed, a boat - - - what malarkey you can find!!

To me, why is this picture even questioned? Indeed, a boat - - - what malarkey you can find!!

Well, according to the story in the OP, a team of experts from the Loch Ness Monster Club examined the picture for six months and concluded it was "likely" Nessie, so who are we to judge? They clearly know more about it than we do, and if a bunch of Nessie experts can examine a photo of a boat for six months and not conclude it's a boat, they must know something we don't.

We are all clearly delusional here.

Edited by JesseCuster
  • Like 6

Well, according to the story in the OP, a team of experts from the Loch Ness Monster Club examined the picture for six months and concluded it was "likely" Nessie, so who are we to judge? They clearly know more about it than we do, and if a bunch of Nessie experts can examine a photo of a boat for six months and not conclude it's a boat, they must know something we don't.

We are all clearly delusional here.

Isn't it wonderful to be an expert just by claiming to be one and the papers flock to your doors and proclaim it so? Journalism is dead IMHO. All about the headline, now, I guess. 6 months to proclaim it a real mystery and debunked in 15 minutes, thoroughly debunked with visual proof that is irrefutable within 24 (12?) hours. Journalism is truly dead apparently.

Edited by Merc14
  • Like 3

"OK Club, lets check out this photo from Apple....."

15 minutes later....

"OK does everyone agree this is Nessie? Good. Next meeting in 6 months..."

• Like 3

I figured it out! It is a glass, see through, tourist boat and all are wearing invisibility vests!

Since this photo was taken from a satellite and it's clearly not Nessie, the only other possible explanation is that an alien spacecraft was passing in front of the camera at the exact moment the photo was snapped thereby distorting the light of image with it's vortex drive.

• Like 2

Since this photo was taken from a satellite and it's clearly not Nessie, the only other possible explanation is that an alien spacecraft was passing in front of the camera at the exact moment the photo was snapped thereby distorting the light of image with it's vortex drive.

Launch the alert zoser.

• Like 2

Clearly a Romulan Bird of Prey

post-106978-0-53119800-1398360616_thumb.

• Like 2

D'aw man, the mystery has already been solved. I missed the party :c

But yeah, I came to the same conclusion as most everyone else. Boat wake. At first glance I did think it was a fish due to the round size of the creature, but then the size of it and reading through this topic made me see it as nothing more but a boat. Mystery solved.

For six months the image has been studied by experts at the Official Loch Ness Monster Fan Club, where excitement is mounting after various explanations for it were ruled out... leaving them to conclude it is ‘likely’ to be the elusive beast.

personscratchinghead-GoogleSearch2014-04-2416-46-47_zpsb61d388b.png

Edited by Domina Lucis
  • Like 3

Apparently the full explanation is that this was never in any way an intentional hoax, the satellite really did take that image. Of a boat. It's a composite photo taken over quite a long period of time, therefore some parts of it came out better than others, depending on the weather conditions. Scotland is of course notoriously damp and misty, and that patch of the composite has much lower contrast than the rest because the weather wasn't cooperating that day. If you look closely at the trees on the shore, they're very blurred and colorless near the "monster" compared with the rest of the photo.

The reason the boat fades out almost completely is that the wake is white, and seen from above, the boat also happens to be mostly white - it's called the Jacobite Queen, and it cruises up and down the loch twice a day full of tourists looking for Nessie. Ironic that, however briefly, they ended up being Nessie themselves! The uncropped picture actually features the Jacobite Queen twice, going in different directions; the other image was taken at the usual high contrast and clearly shows a boat and its wake. It's baffling that the Nessie hunters could examine the unedited image for 6 months without noticing that the "monster" is absolutely identical to something else in the same picture, only fainter! Anyway, here's "Nessie" in all her glory:

jacobite-queen-on-loch.jpg

• Like 4

The "Loch Ness Monster" is known as the Greenland shark. This shark looks different than other sharks. People say sometimes they see what looks like an up-side down boat floating in the water.

The mystery of the "Loch Ness" is no longer a mystery. The lock ness monster is the Greenland shark.

The "Loch Ness Monster" is known as the Greenland shark. This shark looks different than other sharks. People say sometimes they see what looks like an up-side down boat floating in the water.

The mystery of the "Loch Ness" is no longer a mystery. The lock ness monster is the Greenland shark.

As has already been pointed out and explained by myself and others in this and other threads:

1) The Greenland Shark can't survive for lengthy periods in freshwater.

2) The only way to get from the sea to Loch Ness is via a path that involves either the Caledonian Canal via artificial locks with multiple gates for allowing boats to navigate the rising/lowering path of the river or via the Ness River itself which involves multiple shallow rapids and weirs that would be impossible for a huge slow moving fishing like a Greenland Shark to navigate.

Apart from those obvious problems, you're presenting this as established fact that solves the mystery. What professionals (or competent amateurs, or hobbyists, etc., or anyone else) who would be capable of such a task have examined photos/videos/biological samples/etc. of Nessie in enough detail in order to make a judgment that would allow them to confidently conclude that Nessie is a specific species of shark?

Edited by JesseCuster
  • Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

wow. Yeah, as scary as my imagination can get I still saw a boat wake. Nessie would never allow a full body shot to be taken lol

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the image ... but no ... don't looks like there's been editing done ~ more probably due to weather conditions or haze /pollution masking the vessel making the wakes ~ the water contrasts look low because of the speed or lack of understandably for a vessel that size ~ there is a 'vessel in the middle of the 'mysterious' shape ~ the shape is water interference ~ not a physical object under the surface ~ adjust the histogram levels to limit the redundant shadows and highlights and it will be seen quite clearly ~ the image is mainly mid tones anyway ~

~

With this enlarged photo i can almost make out a face like image, but whatever it is doen't look organic in my opinion

424717-apple-maps-nessie-debunking-credit-mick-west_zpsc4516bdf.jpg

Aww nooooo, no Nessie for me today then :( lol