Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Real name?

Nic727

Hi,

I'm reading book about egyptian mythologies. It's not books that you can trust at 100%, but you can understand some things about mythologies. Whatever, the book I'm reading right now is "Kanes Chronicle's" by Rick Riordan (same author than Percy JacksoN) and they are talking about Real Name. It was mentionned too in Eragon and other books.

Just a small definition : A real name is the true name that states the nature of the person's soul. A secret name is typically only shared in times of great need or as a gesture of deep trust; by revealing one's secret name to another, the holder gains power over the owner. The owner would then be forced to do as the holder demanded.

I think you can forget that when someone know your real name you are his slave, but do you think that a real name exist for each of us?

I posted that in Consciousness section, because it's part of the soul.

thx

• Like 1

<p>I'm pretty sure all souls have 'real names'.. We aren't bodies with souls. We are bodies with eternal souls.

No one can enslave you as a living being, you're not a demon:P

Your real name is power, so it should be kept secret, just as eternal knowledge should.

You wouldn't give computer tech to a monkey would you?

Giving spiritual meanings is sacred and must be kept.

Edited by AliveInDeath7

You know that those books are fiction, right?

The only power someone has over you is the power that you let them have. So if you think you have a secret name and if anyone finds it out, you will probably be terrified into doing what they say (for fear your soul will be destroyed.)

Anthropologists have run across this all the time. The (and missionaries of various religions) have shown that this is not true. However, they've also shown that if you really believe it, then you can come to great harm through this belief.

• Like 1

Hmm, that's really interesting :D

I do think that maybe our souls have a name that is theirs. That describes the essence.

I don't think though that it is powerful enough to give someone complete control.

Very good topic :D

I like the idea. It seems like an obvious possibility, unless souls simply have no need of a name because they recognize each other or communicate in a completely different way.

I've always liked the movie Close Encounters of the Third Kind, mainly because I love music and that's how the aliens communicate. If souls communicate using sound at all it could be like that, using different frequencies, so their language and names could be notes, sequences of notes, chords, or even just white noise, all potentially well beyond the range of normal human hearing. The idea would work with frequencies of light as well, though being a guitar player I like the music concept better of course.

The beginning of Tolkien's The Silmarillion is like that, with all of creation proceeding from music sung by spiritual beings. It's a really beautiful idea.

Edited by MysticStrummer

The idea does have history, but probably not what you think. A name is an identity. You do not post your address on forums because some nut job might try and find you. Same idea.

Did you see Lord of the Rings....."shire Baggins.. Why that will lead them here"

In old worlds, you did not want attention, so you protected your name. Especially if you we're warrior class.

These days you see the same tactics used by writers, movie stars, bar tenders, Stripers, police officers, and others around vices. They guard their personal names very carefully because of the amount or type if people they must deal with.

• Like 3

You know that those books are fiction, right?

The only power someone has over you is the power that you let them have. So if you think you have a secret name and if anyone finds it out, you will probably be terrified into doing what they say (for fear your soul will be destroyed.)

Anthropologists have run across this all the time. The (and missionaries of various religions) have shown that this is not true. However, they've also shown that if you really believe it, then you can come to great harm through this belief.

i know its fiction.

like someone mention me, if you are doing OBE, your guide will not have a "name", because he had other life (reincarnation???) so maybe they have a kind of name who mean the story of the person/soul/or whatever you name it.

I understand that you can't control someone else, its only in books.

A big theme in The Earthsea Chronicles trilogy as well. (Also fiction.)

But you can accomplish all sorts of fun stuff by playing off people's fears and showing you have power over them.

If you read this and plan to have a conversation with a spirit in the near future, ask it if you or it has a real name. But don't press for what the name is, unless you can trust it absolutely.

I'm not so quick to dismiss this idea as mere fiction... There is probably some truth to this that we are incapable of fully understanding at this level..

In meditation I saw an Entity once, he was speaking, actually talking and not transmitting the message telepathically.. The words were very labored and it took the entity every ounce of effort it had to convey several words that could easily have been spoken.. (This IMO shows that their efforts to communicate our words and our language is just as difficult and complicated and difficult as our efforts to connect to them.)

Also, the deeper you go, the less we understand in words that we even have a vocabulary or way to articulate.. I cannot count the amount of times I've paused in an altered state and thought (Dam I need to write this down) only to loose all sense of subject matter or even what it was that was so important I needed to stop for? (This IMO shows that even the meanings of words is lost or twisted and distorted between levels of consciousness.)

IMO there is a language of the universe that goes far and beyond what we're even capable of understanding though texts on a screen or even though guttural murmurings.. Intention could be it.. Then again, I'm only Parroting what's been told to me. If intention is the language of the universe, then we barely know half our ABC's..

• Like 1

Hi,

I'm reading book about egyptian mythologies. It's not books that you can trust at 100%, but you can understand some things about mythologies. Whatever, the book I'm reading right now is "Kanes Chronicle's" by Rick Riordan (same author than Percy JacksoN) and they are talking about Real Name. It was mentionned too in Eragon and other books.

Just a small definition : A real name is the true name that states the nature of the person's soul. A secret name is typically only shared in times of great need or as a gesture of deep trust; by revealing one's secret name to another, the holder gains power over the owner. The owner would then be forced to do as the holder demanded.

I think you can forget that when someone know your real name you are his slave, but do you think that a real name exist for each of us?

I posted that in Consciousness section, because it's part of the soul.

thx

Believe it or not i think my real name is my username. It just came to me randomly back in 2004 when i was trying to think of a good username.

You probably shouldn't make that public, if the OP is correct. I could force you to bring me a cold beverage whenever I needed one.

You probably shouldn't make that public, if the OP is correct. I could force you to bring me a cold beverage whenever I needed one.

I'd do that anyways

Believe it or not i think my real name is my username. It just came to me randomly back in 2004 when i was trying to think of a good username.

No Jest here! Similar happened to me back in 2007 but in a dream hence I now use the name...and theotherguy...LOL! Could be wise words to be heeded there…I’ve had dead folk pop into my dreams and ask me to make drinks for them…

John Wayne…A coffee, black with two sugars.

DeForest Kelley…A Martini Spritzer.

The cheek of em!