Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Still Waters

Typewriter Art

6 posts in this topic

A picture may paint a thousand words but, it seems, a thousand typos can also conjure up some pretty impressive works of art in their own right.

And if you thought using text to create images, such as emoticons, was a modern phenomenon, then think again.

http://metro.co.uk/2...in-art-4704764/

4 people like this

I've seen this art before, but never the ones with the red. Those are just amazing!

Awesome, but its really hard for me to believe that those pictures are made with typewriter as it would require so much effort. At least i see it that way, 1 picture would require few months of work :)

After reading text from your link it seems this was trendy thing among typewriter users. Butterfly, the first picture made with typewriter, is done with style and i love it. How did she made it to be so good with dam writing machine :)

I have seen a video of someone in action, Sir, and it doesn't take months of work.

heres some more!!

Paul Smith, the man with extraordinary talent was born on September 21, 1921, with severe cerebral palsy. Not only had Paul beaten the odds of a life with spastic cerebral palsy, a disability that impeded his speech and mobility but also taught himself to become a master artist as well as a terrific chess player even after being devoid of a formal education as a child.

"When typing, Paul used his left hand to steady his right one. Since he couldn't press two keys at the same time, he almost always locked the shift key down and made his pictures using the symbols at the top of the number keys. In other words, his pictures were based on these characters ..... @ # $ % ^ & * ( )_ . Across seven decades, Paul created hundreds of pictures. He often gave the originals away. Sometimes, but not always, he kept or received a copy for his own records. As his mastery of the typewriter grew, he developed techniques to create shadings, colors, and textures that made his work resemble pencil or charcoal drawings."

This great man passed away on June 25, 2009, but left behind a collection of his amazing artwork that will be an inspiration for many.

More on Paul Smith at www.paulsmithfoundation.org/index.html

Awesome, but its really hard for me to believe that those pictures are made with typewriter as it would require so much effort. At least i see it that way, 1 picture would require few months of work :)

After reading text from your link it seems this was trendy thing among typewriter users. Butterfly, the first picture made with typewriter, is done with style and i love it. How did she made it to be so good with dam writing machine :)

Art requires a lot of effort. A lot of artists work for months, even years, on their projects.