Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Drunk Wild Elephants and other Animals lol

seeder

Trunk and disorderly! Hilarious pictures capture tipsy elephants staggering around South African park after eating huge quantities of fermented marula fruit

Elephants stumbled around and fell over after eating marula fruit in Kruger National Park

Marula fruit apparently has intoxicating effect when consumed in huge amounts by large mammals

Photographs were taken by field guide Ross Couper who works for safari company Singita

http://www.dailymail...l#ixzz2zhUiBmLd

Edited by seeder
  • Like 5

OMG! Must SEE!

Many animals drunk on that fruit :lol:

• Like 6

This is so funny :D

Alcohol makes animals behave ( falling down, acting stupid ) like humans :D

@ 1min 05sec in video, elephant is clearly 'destroyed' but he try to get more fruits :)

Edited by Sir Smoke aLot
  • Like 4

:lol: Brilliant!
  • Like 2

I had a Toy Fox Terrier when I was a kid. We were at a family picnic and someone gave her beer. It was funny watching her stagger around then fall down and sleep it off. Still remember it being funny but I'd never like to see it again. Just seems cruel now that I'm older.

• Like 2

The Swedes sure know how to moose a drunken moose ~

~

~

• Like 2

Does that work with any other fruit?

I partied with a few of these girls in Indiana.

• Like 2

Yes. I’ve seen a badger drunk after eating too much of ripe plums.

They should put that fruit in all the zoos, number one it gives the animals a 'taste of home' and a break from the captivity, and number 2, it'd increase visits massively :lol:

• Like 1

omg ! animal cruelty , would you feed kids with alcohol ? seeing them drunk and laughing at it ? its so wrong ...

Sure it does. Prisoners make such a concoction with fruit and stuff and they call it 'hooch'.

I saw a similar video with giraffes and some primates doing the same thing, years ago.

Behaviorally, it demonstrates that humans are not the only species with a desire to become euphoric, alter their perception of reality temporarily, whatever. That is, the human penchant for altered states of reality is very much normal behavior. Call it a vice if you wish, but it is normal behavior.

That was hilarious - the monkey holding his head with a hangover just tipped me over the edge, I had tears of laughter after that. :lol:

• Like 3

omg ! animal cruelty , would you feed kids with alcohol ? seeing them drunk and laughing at it ? its so wrong ...

These trees grow in the wild in the animals natural habitat - the fruit wasn't put there by humans to get the animals drunk, the animals eat the fruit as part of their natural diet and if it is too ripe the results are what was filmed.

• Like 3

Wrong? They do it by choice!! Do watch and listen to which animals like a drinkie-poo :lol:

[media=]

[/media] Edited by seeder
  • Like 2

We had pigs that got into the orchard and scoffed all the rotten apples, they were falling about and rolling around all night, then slept for two days straight! Must have been as rough as dogs!

I can only assume they enjoyed being drunk as they were all trying to get back in for another binge the following weekend!

• Like 1

Every year when the berries on a hedge in my dad's back yard fruited and then ripened, he would have more birds than the other times. They would eat the berries, become drunk and keep my dad in stitches watching all the funny things they did as a result.

In Mexico, at the Pyramid of the Sun, there was a tourist souvenir shop. A burrow hung around outside for free drinks from a particular cactus (for fermented juice (tequila).) He also would do anything to get you to put a cold beer on the ground. He would nip it, turn it straight up and guzzle it down... and belch loudly whenever needed.. .

In Australia bats (flying foxes--6 to 7 foot wingspans) and birds would get drunk on bananas, mangoes, pawpaw, whatever... Have you ever been buzzed by a 7 foot bat? One night I annoyed them tooooo much. They proved they were the prince of darkness!

• Like 3

I've seen plenty of American Robins drunk on fermented berries, so much so that they can get run over by cars.

Alcohol can turn a human into a "happy drunk" or a "mean drunk" so the saying goes. Does anyone want to imagine an elephant having a mean drunk episode. Yipe!

• Like 1

I wonder if elephants can paint while intoxicated? I'd like to see THAT video. ;)