Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Pro-Palestinian activists leave ‘eviction’..

Earl.Of.Trumps

Pro-Palestinian activists leave ‘eviction’ notices for Jewish NYU students

http://nypost.com/20...tivists-report/

"A pro-Palestinian NYU group targeted Jewish classmates with threatening “eviction” notices that were slid under dorm-room doors in the dead of night, students said Thursday.

“If you do not vacate the premise by midnight on 25 April, 2014 we reserve the right to destroy all remaining belongings. We cannot be held responsible for property or persons remaining inside the premises,” read the notices, which were delivered by members of the Students for Justice in Palestine."

"The warnings conclude, “THIS IS NOT A REAL EVICTION NOTICE” — and the group said they were replicas of notices routinely left at the homes of Palestinians by the Israeli government."

Nice to know, this "prank" was also done in other Universities, too.

"Similar hate pranks have been pulled at other universities in recent months, including Rutgers, Michigan and Northeastern."

Notice how this New York tabloid refers to it as a "hate" prank.

I consider it an "education"

As a protest it is an innovative approach. In execution it is reprehensible. The students involved should be reprimanded for lack of judgement. It can justifiably be considered a threat of physical harm against other students. The idea that every eviction of a Palestinian is illegal and immoral is not supported.

• Like 1

Nice to know, this "prank" was also done in other Universities, too.

"Similar hate pranks have been pulled at other universities in recent months, including Rutgers, Michigan and Northeastern."

Notice how this New York tabloid refers to it as a "hate" prank.

I consider it an "education"

As will all who are biased against Israel. But severe offense would follow if such a "prank" were foisted on anyone you support. It's an obvious double standard and so, pointless.
  • Like 2

Just because they're Jewish doesn't mean they are Isreali. Whoever did this should be ashamed. May the fleas of one thousand camels infest their pubic hair.

Edit to add this is in the wrong place for this as NYU is not in the middle east.

Edited by OverSword
  • Like 3

As a protest it is an innovative approach. In execution it is reprehensible. The students involved should be reprimanded for lack of judgement. It can justifiably be considered a threat of physical harm against other students. The idea that every eviction of a Palestinian is illegal and immoral is not supported.

That's the whole point. That way there, they can "feel" first hand what it must have been like.

And why is it not supported that Palestinains were evicted this way, because you choose not to believe?

As will all who are biased against Israel. But severe offense would follow if such a "prank" were foisted on anyone you support. It's an obvious double standard and so, pointless.

The real "double standard" here is how you treat Muslims and how you treat Jews.

Just because they're Jewish doesn't mean they are Isreali. Whoever did this should be ashamed. May the fleas of one thousand camels infest their pubic hair.

Edit to add this is in the wrong place for this as NYU is not in the middle east.

So, you think that whoever did this is an Arab Muslim?

Does that hold true for Rutgers, Northeastern and wherever else this was done, too?

psssssttttt, got news for ya, theyze be white boys and girls.

When will people get the difference between government and individuals?

Op is as ignorant as the students involved.

• Like 2

As reminder, we have rules for posting in this section and I recommend that everyone keeps them in mind

'Middle-East' board guidelines

When posting in the news and politics boards please bear the following in mind:

• Do not post hate speech, racist or racially motivated material, links, articles or views.
  • Do not post material, links, articles or views designed to promote an agenda in favour or against any party, group, individual, country or religion.
  • Avoid copying and pasting entire articles - only quote a snippet and then link to the rest.
  • Be civil and polite to other members at all times.

When will people get the difference between government and individuals?

Op is as ignorant as the students involved.

When will people know that "pain" is "pain"?

Losing life's belongings when you are a college student...? Mehhhh

Losing your home, farm, job, and everything you own, including the beds your children sleep in? THAT's pain

EDIT:

PS: Before there was in Israeli "government", Jeff, Jewish Terrorist groups in the Levant did the same thing to 600,000 Palestinians in 400+ villages in MANDATED Palestine. Those were individuals.

What were you saying about "ignorance"?

Edited by Earl.Of.Trumps
  • Like 1

The real "double standard" here is how you treat Muslims and how you treat Jews.

Earl I am a Christian Zionist. Of course I support Jews in their struggle to retain their land. If anything I think they are entitled to more of it. But this does not mean I support maltreatment of individual Muslims. Your idea of justice is that Israel pack it in and give all the land they sit on back to the Palestinians. It's been nearly 70 years since they were GIVEN the land. They did not invade or conquer - until they were attacked. It's a tragic situation due to relentless hatred that is stirred in both sides BUT - the Palestinians faithfully teach their children that ALL THE LAND belongs to them. They are unwilling to compromise -at all. Don't you find it to be irrational to assume that at some point Israel is just going to strike camp and say okay, we give up? Everyone knows this cannot happen yet many in the west seem to dream it will. If the western governments pressed against the Palestinians to accept a deal the issue might have some chance of resolution. At that point if the settlers kept trying to get land and they broke the agreement then even I would call for justice to be done for the Palestinians. Until they make peace though, I cannot feel sympathy for those who want to kill the Jews. How about you? Why do you not condemn the rocket fire from the south?

PS: Before there was in Israeli "government", Jeff, Jewish Terrorist groups in the Levant did the same thing to 600,000 Palestinians in 400+ villages in MANDATED Palestine......

That is not true EOT, The "600,000" fled the Arab Legion armies, not the Irgun (Jewish extremist group).

....What were you saying about "ignorance"?

What indeed EoT ? What indeed.

potkettle_small.jpg

Edited by RoofGardener
  • Like 1

Earl I am a Christian Zionist. Of course I support Jews in their struggle to retain their land. If anything I think they are entitled to more of it.

You're entitled to your opinion. Personally, I think that ownership of land based on religion is totally absurd.

If you have title to your home, do you want some Hindu telling *you* that they are more entitled to your home than you are?

The problem with you is, you look from the outside-in. Try being these people being abused and

see if you don't change your tune.

Also, some of these Palestinians had homes that date back to the time of Christ when the House of

Juda was still thriving. Notice, *those* Jews had no problem having neighbors that were not Jewish.

It was only until the Zionist jews came into the Levant that the *muslim* problem came to the light of "Jews"

But this does not mean I support maltreatment of individual Muslims. Your idea of justice is that Israel pack it in and give all the land they sit on back to the Palestinians. It's been nearly 70 years since they were GIVEN the land. They did not invade or conquer - until they were attacked.

You are wrong, I have told you that MANY times in here. Israel now admits they were the aggressor and teaches that history to their children.

Also, it matters NOT who attacked who, who is on the defense, NOTHING, you cannot gain land in any kind of war, so says the UN

I refuse to read the rest,

It's a tragic situation due to relentless hatred that is stirred in both sides BUT - the Palestinians faithfully teach their children that ALL THE LAND belongs to them. They are unwilling to compromise -at all. Don't you find it to be irrational to assume that at some point Israel is just going to strike camp and say okay, we give up? Everyone knows this cannot happen yet many in the west seem to dream it will. If the western governments pressed against the Palestinians to accept a deal the issue might have some chance of resolution. At that point if the settlers kept trying to get land and they broke the agreement then even I would call for justice to be done for the Palestinians. Until they make peace though, I cannot feel sympathy for those who want to kill the Jews. How about you? Why do you not condemn the rocket fire from the south?

That is not true EOT, The "600,000" fled the Arab Legion armies, not the Irgun (Jewish extremist group).

What indeed EoT ? What indeed.

potkettle_small.jpg

Well, #1 Gardener, did you ask the displaced Palestinians or did you get that factoid from Jewish Monthly?

#2 It matters NOT who pushed who out. Israel is not entitled to take those homes/land.

#3 the fact that Israel won't allow those Palestinians back in shows me loud and strong who pushed the Pals out

They are now stateless, and the "marvelous" Zionists could care less.

that's a real "religion of peace", eh?

• Like 1

What did Mark Twain say...? "It's easier to fool someone than to convince someone they've been fooled"

Yah, you Israel supporters that think the butcher boys of Tel Aviv did nothing wrong, have been fooled.

Enjoy!

• Like 2

The people that did this "prank" should be expelled from school. Imagine the uproar if this had been done to a minority or the such...?

• Like 1

The people that did this "prank" should be expelled from school. Imagine the uproar if this had been done to a minority or the such...?

It was of course, though I understand what you mean. There are minorities and MINORITIES ;)

Whoever does that should be ashamed. Not just this and not just outside the Middle East. I think that's the point. Americans so morally and legally bankrupt that it has to happen to them may make this the most important lesson they learn in college. If it makes people realize they don't like their own cooking in NYU, it'll work in a lot of other places too. A contact list from AIPAC or CUFI fundraisers would make a better target than NYU but when Benjamin Netanyahu gets 30 standing ovations from Congress, there are rich deserving targets everywhere in this country.

• Like 1

It was of course, though I understand what you mean. There are minorities and MINORITIES ;)

Minorities and WELFARE QUEENS.

Well, #1 Gardener, did you ask the displaced Palestinians or did you get that factoid from Jewish Monthly?

Yup, I polled every single one of them. However, as I don't speak Arabic, I had to resort to making my own facts up. :P

EoT, the dynamics of the 3-4 waves of refugees is quite complex. Telling untruths about "Jews evicting 600,000 ... 400 villages.." etc etc does NOT help rational debate about the middle east.

#2 It matters NOT who pushed who out. Israel is not entitled to take those homes/land.

In principle, I would agree. However, recall that the territories where occupied as a consequence of the 1973 Yom Kippur war, and held as a buffer against any future attack. You must admit that Israel has a track record of returning occupied territories in exchange for peace treaties. Syria and the PLO have refused to sign any such. As a result, the occupation is sanctioned by the United Nations under Resolution 242.

#3 the fact that Israel won't allow those Palestinians back in shows me loud and strong who pushed the Pals out

Well, you can believe what you will. However, be aware that the above is a logical fallacy.

They are now stateless,

They could have had a state any time since 1948, but they just kept saying "No". They could have a state tomorrow; they just have to recognise Israel as a sovereign Jewish state.

that's a real "religion of peace", eh?

Yes, actually.

• Like 1

I agree!

I also think that the people who did this for *REAL*, should be expelled, too. The Israelis.

tit-for-tat?

• Like 1

I agree!

I also think that the people who did this for *REAL*, should be expelled, too. The Israelis.

tit-for-tat?

So do a lot of others, Earl. You should start a fund ;)

Yup, I polled every single one of them. However, as I don't speak Arabic, I had to resort to making my own facts up. :P

EoT, the dynamics of the 3-4 waves of refugees is quite complex. Telling untruths about "Jews evicting 600,000 ... 400 villages.." etc etc does NOT help rational debate about the middle east.

and it does not help your rationality to believe only "News by Jews", either.

I listen to the victims, not the ones lying about their misdeeds.

They blame the Arabs for chasing the Palestinians out of mandated Palestine.

But somehow, the Jews (Zionists) ended up with the land, and all the Arabs want the Palestinains

to go back home.

Amazing how that works, huh?

In principle, I would agree. However, recall that the territories where occupied as a consequence of the 1973 Yom Kippur war, and held as a buffer against any future attack.

"buffer area" - sorry, it is not legal. It would be like the US seizing Canada and Mexico to make buffer areas. And then having the chutzpah to say it is Ok to do for that purpose - "buffer area".

Your argument has a hole. In fact, it's a sieve.

You must admit that Israel has a track record of returning occupied territories in exchange for peace treaties.

Oh, yeah. They'll give back stolen land if the receiving country "recognizes" Israel and, if

Israel gets ka-$billions a year forever from the US. yup.

Syria and the PLO have refused to sign any such. As a result, the occupation is sanctioned by the United Nations under Resolution 242.

Why should they sign *anything*? It is up to Israel to GET OUT with no strings attached.

You *know* neither will sign the peace accord because Israel has "demands" in there for them right?

Well, you can believe what you will. However, be aware that the above is a logical fallacy.

They could have had a state any time since 1948, but they just kept saying "No". They could have a state tomorrow; they just have to recognise Israel as a sovereign Jewish state.

Yes, actually.

They will get their state. and they won't be licking the thieves boots to get it, either.

• Like 1

So do a lot of others, Earl. You should start a fund ;)

Just trying to point out the double standard. You see how people run to the defense,,, *angrily*?

But when it is done *for real*... snooooooze

• Like 2