Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

this is for the Rome-America thread

retired UM

Will America have the same fate as Rome?  

57 members have voted

1. 1. Will America have the same fate as Rome?

• Yes
    • No
    • Somewhat but not as harsh

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• retired UM

• kikuchiyo

• Method

• Looter

tis a tight race, really

(as you can tell ive had no sleep)

Edited by CertifiedPublicAssasin

the way i see it there's alot of thing in commun, but he are in the modern age we don't need a war to show the world we have fallen.

Something like the fall of th berlin wall was the "marker" for the end of the USSR. So as I said ealier slow economical breack down, but not a massive pool of blood...not in the US at least.

the good thing ended in the 70's. I voted not as harch.

Edited by kikuchiyo

I think you should Bring arguments as how both relates like:

-Lots of war beyond the border

-growth of anti-americanism

and

-has lost it's economical swing of the 50's

i would like to bring up

-1Lots of war beyond the border

-2growth of anti-americanism

and

-3has lost it's economical swing of the 50's

right?

1-the war in Iraq is similar to Romans fighting in western Germania

2-LOTS of people around thw orld HATE us, bush or no-bush, (i hate bush)

3-a great loss of the economy in the U.S. is similar to loss of population and economy in middle Roman culture

see like that you'll get a wild fire started in no time. thumbsup.gif

for the yes but not so harsh:

-we're in the modern age and it's more likely to "pass on" the power rather then end in a war

-Countries like China and Japan are having the same (or bigger) economical boom that america had back in the 50's( we can expect them to reach and surpass american economical supremacy in less the 30 years)

-America didn't came up with a new economical idea since the "e-commerce" (huge flop!)

Edited by kikuchiyo

I am the one who started the " America & Rome " thread. America will indeed infact suffer the same fact as Rome sadly to say. But it will not be near as harsh, the U.S wont just fall off of the map like Rome did, it will see a slow decrease in economical growth, diplomacy trust, and general impact on the world.

The U.S will slowly but surely drift from being one of the worlds super-powers. Anti-Americanism is growing, just as Rome collected enimemes, small countrys ( i.e Afghanistan, and Iraq ) will begin taking shots at the U.S ( Terrorist attacks ) just as Goths, VisaGoths and other tribes began to sack Rome one by one.

Sadly we are in the decline right now, you can see it everywhere. Anti-Americanism, Job Loss, Econmoical Decline. You can see it everyday. Now it wont happen in our life our the next hundred, or two hundred years but its coming.

You can see it everyday. Now it wont happen in our life our the next hundred, or two hundred years but its coming.

344901[/snapback]

i could beg to differ, i would say from 50-100 years, so since im **, i would be 112 at the latest thumbsup.gif

looks like ive almost drooped to the status of a third party canidate...

GO NADER

edit-77th post is lucky, right? w00t.gif

Edited by CertifiedPublicAssasin

i feel that america isn't what it used 2 b but i dont think that it will end so suddenly as 100 years. the us hasn't even been around for 300 years. although job loss is high tht shouldnt mean very much as job loss was extreme during the 1930's. the us declining doesnt seem significgant enough at the moment right now to say tht within 100 years the u.s. will have faded into history. and the value of th dollar dropping may actually add to our economy as it brings our currency to be worth less, allowing for companies to keep jobs here, becuase the comparison to say the chinese currency wont be so much of a drastic differnece if our dollar is worth less.

Hello,

I think that the fall of the U.S. will happen very quickly as someone said.

Things evolve much more quickly than they did in Roman time.

Anyway, how could you compare the U.S. with Rome ?

I'm not sure there is a link. As any society in nay time, the U.S. will fall and gradually be replaced by another society. That's where the comparison stops.

Olivier

[stereotypical remark] I can tell you are French, disgust.gif [/stereotypical remark]

What do you mean how can you compare them, read " America and Rome History Repeats "

(chef's voice) here we go again 33.33%

this is quite something, i haven't seen a race this tight.