Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Teacher stabbed to death at UK school

Still Waters

A 15-year-old male pupil has been arrested after a female teacher was stabbed to death this morning at Corpus Christi Catholic College, Leeds, West Yorkshire police said.

http://www.telegraph...l-in-Leeds.html

• Like 1

As its breaking news its hard to comment on, but goes without saying, terrible situation.

• Like 1

Can not imagine any excuse for this kind of murderous behaviour.

Very unfortunate and very sorry for the teacher and her loved ones, I hope he is locked away from society for a very very long time. 15 is old enough to be deemed a danger to society.

• Like 1

I would hate to be that kids parents.

What drives a mind to act in such a perverse manner? I had teachers I didn't like, but the thought of stabbing one would not even enter my head. Saddening to know people like this exist. And to throw ones life away when so young as well. He destroyed his life too most likely.

Well ****.

Catholic school too mate. Who would have thunk it.

• Like 3

Horrible, unfortunately these things seem to happen every 5-10 years. No idea how they can be avoided either, so sad.

• Like 1

One of my fellows when I was a lad took a knige to school, the Principal (who has cast iron ballocks I can tell you) simply fronted up to the kid and said "Give me the knife" and the lad handed it over. He went before the magistrate, said he took it for defense from his old man and got a suspended sentence.

Terrible thing to happen. Here's a little more in the news today -

Ann Maguire is first teacher to be killed at work for 18 years, but unions say isolated incident underlines risks of job

http://www.theguardi...ds-anne-maguire

• Like 1

in the coming days when more becomes clear, such as the lads background - i'd be surprised if there wasn't warning signs, such as a long list of minor incidents prior to the stabbing.

• Like 1

in the coming days when more becomes clear, such as the lads background - i'd be surprised if there wasn't warning signs, such as a long list of minor incidents prior to the stabbing.

He said the teenage suspect would be questioned by officers "at some point during today".

"Given his young age, this is a process which needs to be handled very sensitively, and may take some time to complete," he added.

http://www.bbc.co.uk...ngland-27201812

She was due to retire :(

• Like 1

What is wrong with people?

• Like 1

Ok, now I've found this in the Daily Mail -

Schoolboy posted about Dark Souls and Grand Theft Auto games

Classmates said he loved heavy metal music, felt he was an outcast

Threatened to commit suicide after reporting he had been bullied

His mother, a human resources manager, seemed 'attentive'

'Really clever' but suffered from bouts of depression, peers claim

http://www.dailymail...ideo-games.html

So we're blaming computer games again are we?

OHH LOOK Heavy Metal music as well.

• Like 2

Well that just described me to the detail... as well as several thousand other poor saps who will later go on to live rich fulfilling productive lives!

• Like 3

So we're blaming computer games again are we?

OHH LOOK Heavy Metal music as well.

Not quite, but more of a case where there are already underlying problems mentally and he has now taken fantasy into reality.

If it had not been computer games or heavy metal music, it would have been something else, in time possibly, unless his mental instability was addressed in time, but here we have the classic problem where his mental instability does not even get looked at because when he stuck on his computer, he is out of others way and they are happy with that.

I think this is where the computer games comes into it, but not so much they are to blame, but more likely to blame would be the time he was able to spend on it, which no doubt did not help his mental instability, it just fed it even more. As I said, others around him were not concerned what he was doing on the computer or thinking what affect it might have on him, because he was out of their hair.

Edited by freetoroam

The times they sure have changed. I remember graduating in '79 and even raising your voice to a teacher got you thrown out of class. Last year a young school teacher in Massachusetts was raped and stabbed to death by one of her students. So sad.

As proved so many times before, you cannot legislate against lunatics.

How many kids play computer games and play heavy metal music? Are they all on the brink of killing someone?

Typical Daily Mail jumping on the bandwagon.

• Like 1

What is wrong with people?

indeed.

I seem to use this very phrase more often as I go through my years.......

Why focus on the killers hobbies/musical genre and not why he killed the poor woman?

I read in a newspaper yesterday that he had it in for her.

Why focus on the killers hobbies/musical genre and not why he killed the poor woman?

I read in a newspaper yesterday that he had it in for her.

the reason they mention his hobbies/interests is because they - the media have to fill columns and airtime, and currently they have very little to go, getting very little from the police while they investigate. so they'll write/chat rubbish until they have something. its a symptom of the 24 hour news, and partly why we have shoddy journalism. - i wish they'd just report incidents when they have all the facts.

Edited by stevewinn
  • Like 2

Has a second teenager been arrested?

Yes.

A second pupil at the school where teacher Ann Maguire was stabbed to death is arrested after police discover social media messages between him and a teenager charged with her murder.

http://www.telegraph...ire-murder.html