Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

NASA Honours William Shatner

Waspie_Dwarf

NASA Seeks to Evolve Space Station for New Commercial Opportunities

After nearly 50 years of warping across galaxies and saving the universe from a variety of alien threats and celestial disasters, Star Trek’s William Shatner finally went where no other member of Starfleet has gone before. This weekend, the acclaimed actor and director was honored with NASA’s Distinguished Public Service medal, the highest award bestowed by the agency to non-government personnel.

arrow3.gifRead more...

• Like 3

Mr. Shatner certainly made a great many people think about space exploration/travel. I know that watching Star Trek as a kid lead me to be curious about what's 'out there' in the universe.

• Like 2

The Captain Kirk I remember...

• Like 2

R.I.P Star Wars...

Edited by taniwha
  • Like 2

Look, I too love the Shat... but when does Spock get his recognition..? It would be the logical thing to do.

BTW, here's some of their later work.. (hehehhee):

[media=]

[/media]
  • Like 1

I know this sounds a little corny, but I think when Shatner passes US flags should be set at half mast.

• Like 2

I love this, but I think Spock and Patrick Stewart should also be recognized. I LOVE STNG! :)

Good on him. Well deserved for all the reasons they gave. Shatner has championed many causes in his lifetime and has always kept a great sense of humor.

R.I.P Star Wars...

[media=]

[/media]

They need to Give Neil Degrasse Tyson an award for being kick-ass.

Look, I too love the Shat... but when does Spock get his recognition..? It would be the logical thing to do.

BTW, here's some of their later work.. (hehehhee):

[media=]

[/media]

Unfortuneately, I think Leonard Nimoy just saw Spock as a roll. Same goes for Patrick Stewart with Picard. If you remember Nimoy wrote a book entitled "I am not Spock", which I read. He wound up saying at the end "If I am not Spock, then who is?". With the remake/relaunch we have two answers to that question. OVer the years after Trek Leonard Nimoy finally embraced the role, but I've never heard of Leonard Nimoy going anywhere near as much public service as William Shatner.
  • Like 1

I know this sounds a little corny, but I think when Shatner passes US flags should be set at half mast.

So pretty much any main actor in a popular science fiction show?

Live long and prosper....

To infinity and beyond..................

• Like 2

Congrats capt Kirk ..ok I know this here is a question for u guys what does the T stand for in capt kirks middle name

• Like 1

While it might be easy to cast aspersions upon his showmanship, Shatner, and Star Trek, embraced the then present mindset of the importance of people exploring and moving outward. We had put people on the moon, another world. It was about the person not a robotic extension.

I like William Shatner but surprisingly he wasn't very liked on the Star Trek set.

I bet a few of the cast won't be happy with this.

• Like 1

Spock: "Kirk...I am your father...."

Kirk: "NOOOooooooooooooo"

• Like 2