Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Snake dreams

Sothee

So since I've begun meditating and attempting to induce astral projection on purpose I've been have snakes pop up in my dreams ALOT like snakes everywhere. More than one occasion splitting themselves in half. Is there usually any meaning tied to snakes, or have I just watched snakes on a plane one too many times. (Never actually seen that movie) ^_^

Snakes are symbols of wisdom.

Snakes have occasionally featured in my dreams just before an illness.

My first experience regarding snakes in dreams occurred during my toddler years…I was ill in bed with a fever and I believed that I was lying upon a mattress which was alive with thousands of squirming multi-coloured snakes.

Since then whenever I dream about a snake in a dream I generally / instinctively kill it.

The times where I’ve had a dream about a snake biting something, a person or animal…Then days / months after such a dream I have experienced a coincidental, real life event where-upon the character that was snake bit in the dream has actually had an accident or illness.

In one such dream I saw my mother bit by a snake…Days later she badly burned her finger on an electric-ring stove top and needed hospital treatment.

Another dream I saw my pet dog attacked by a snake…In real life she took ill and needed to have her infected womb removed.

Another similar dream which featured a pet dog began with me observing (from a helicopter) many large snakes squirming about on the earth below however the dog in the dream was attacked by a crocodile and not a snake…Yet a few months later that dog was diagnosed with Lymphoma and she died just a couple of weeks after diagnosis.

I guess that the only snake in a dream which was awe inspiring for me was a fictional snake which I never actually saw in the dream but I was told about it by some guru looking guy who called the snake a snow snake?...However that dream also had David Duchovny featured in it so I guess that there was also an X-file factor in the qualities of that dream as well.

I sometimes dream I am mouse sized riding the back of a cobra through the grass. This disturbed my wife until a monk assured her this was a dream of power and powerful friends, not that the cobra represented danger. All I can say is I like the dream -- it's a hoot.

• Like 1

I sometimes dream I am mouse sized riding the back of a cobra through the grass. This disturbed my wife until a monk assured her this was a dream of power and powerful friends, not that the cobra represented danger. All I can say is I like the dream -- it's a hoot.

Nice one. I had a dream where I did that once. I rode a huge feathered cobra.

http://www.unexplain...2

(last dream on the page)

I've had lots of dreams with snakes in them. That's why I have my signature how I do(from a dream/vision). To me snakes are a good thing.

Edited by Kazahel

That's awesome! The snakes are really never the focus if my dreams they just like show up and leave me thinking "why are there snakes everywhere!?... 0.o I'm dreaming!!!"