Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Amanda Knox: Court releases 337-page document

Still Waters

The Italian court that reconvicted Amanda Knox of Meredith Kercher's murder says the two exchange students fought over money on the night of Kercher's death.

The appellate court in Florence issued a 337-page explanation for its January guilty verdicts against the American and her former boyfriend Raffaele Sollecito.

The court said that a third person convicted in the murder, Rudy Hermann Guede, did not act alone, saying Kercher's wounds indicated 'multiple aggressors'.

http://www.dailymail...ers-reveal.html

The prosecution has changed it's story so many times now it's hard to even take it seriously.

• Like 3

OMG, I can hardly believe it....now they're saying multiple motives/! And they're still doing it...they're fitting the evidence to their motive! They're actually fitting the same evidence to different motives!

Momma Mia! :no:

• Like 1

Eh, I think she was somehow involved in the murder. I don't think she committed the murder though. I just have a gut feeling she knows something and isn't telling.

Edited by Jilliman

Eh, I think she was somehow involved in the murder. I don't think she committed the murder though. I just have a gut feeling she knows something and isn't telling.

Like what exactly?

I have to say i don't like the personality Amanda has shown very much, and that cartwheel made me cringe :wacko: . But i have no idea how she was convicted, the only evidence physical or otherwise points to Rudy Guede. Alot of people have convicted her in their mind because they don't like her imo. The Italian courts have produced more motives than they have shreds of evidence, but have somehow managed to convict her twice :unsure2: . I'm from the UK and i have to say our media had pretty much convicted her before her first trial, while barely mentioning Sollecito or especially Guede, i'd imagine the Italian media is the same and the US media is probably split down the middle. If she's guilty fine prove it, convict her, throw away the key. At this point though it's starting to look like overzealous Italian prosecutors trying to cover up their mistakes.

• Like 2

I just think that maybe she knows more about the mirder than what she has told authorities. Maybe she knew the killer/s. Maybe she was "in on it". I'm not sure. I'm just not sold that she's completely innocent. The whole case is just so sketchy. I think Geude committed the murder though.

It took the Italians long enough to start to bring proper evidence to the court.

Bunch of amateurs. Of course Knox was involved, up to her cartwheels.

They've got a snowball's chance of ever getting her back to Italy.

And yet Judge Claudio Hellmann, who originally overturned the convictions has slammed the new report and conviction

http://www.dailymail...th-Kercher.html

And then there is this piece of rubbish from the convicting Judge also:

http://www.usatoday....-judge/5183469/

ROME — The judge who sentenced Amanda Knox to 28½ years for the murder of her British roommate was widely criticized Monday for suggesting Knox's former boyfriend might have escaped guilt by trying to pin the murder on Knox.

Italian judges nearly never comment on their verdicts except through official explanations published months after the verdict is handed down.

But Judge Alessandro Nencini broke with protocol this weekend, telling Italian journalists that the case against Knox was strong enough that former boyfriend Raffaelle Sollecito would have helped his chances to avoid jail time by trying to lay all the blame on Knox.

Really? So if Sollecito had perjured himself and blamed Amanda Knox on the murder they would have given him a lighter sentence? This is their idea of justice? It really does beggar belief.
Edited by libstaK

So if Sollecito had perjured himself and blamed Amanda Knox on the murder they would have given him a lighter sentence? This is their idea of justice? It really does beggar belief.

It absolutely does.

You know, if prosecutors offered Sollecito a deal- I don't recall if they did or not- then that alone makes evident that the case against Knox was not strong because prosecutors certainly don't make deals for testimony they don't need.

It absolutely does.

You know, if prosecutors offered Sollecito a deal- I don't recall if they did or not- then that alone makes evident that the case against Knox was not strong because prosecutors certainly don't make deals for testimony they don't need.

This.^^^^

It absolutely does.

Sorry regi but you're wrong. When you have the time, read this. It's about time the real truth about Knox and her involvement in Meredith Kercher's murder were put out there.

http://truejustice.org/ee/index.php

Knox is guilty.

Antilles, Dear, in reference to the article in the first post, it's the court who's wrong. There was one knife used in this murder and that knife was never found.

Indeed, the wounds on the body indicate that there was one killer.

Sorry regi but you're wrong. When you have the time, read this. It's about time the real truth about Knox and her involvement in Meredith Kercher's murder were put out there.

http://truejustice.org/ee/index.php

Knox is guilty.

False confession is a well documented problem caused by improper police tactics. This was clearly a badly executed interview designed to tire Amanda into saying anything. The truth is, the African who was convicted acted alone. The italian prosecutor was crazy and corrupt. Strangely in Italy to this day, an Italian or anyone cannot say the truth about government officials without threat of prosecution. Who knew that in the so called developed country of Italy you have no free speech. The prosecutor believed satanic forces were at work. He is full blown nuts. He and his investigators wanted to make, what was truely a rape and murder by a sex offender into a witch hunt for an American, an American who did not live up to his wierd biblical standard for female purity. She was wild by conservative italian standards and must be evil. I know you have linked a pro victim page, but this desire for more blood and these false claims do not serve the victim, they just create new ones. THis couple did not kill Meredith. Its is clear. Amanda did not do this. She is being convicted by rumor and anti american bigotry. And I am of part italian decent, but I am not blinded by your bias. Amanda is not a saint but the prosecutor is a crook and pure evil.

Edited by mbrn30000

Antilles, Dear, in reference to the article in the first post, it's the court who's wrong. There was one knife used in this murder and that knife was never found.

Indeed, the wounds on the body indicate that there was one killer.

regi

Every time I say your nic I feel like John Travolta.....off topic :whistle:

read it, really read it.

False confession is a well documented problem caused by improper police tactics. This was clearly a badly executed interview designed to tire Amanda into saying anything. The truth is, the African who was convicted acted alone. The italian prosecutor was crazy and corrupt. Strangely in Italy to this day, an Italian or anyone cannot say the truth about government officials without threat of prosecution. Who knew that in the so called developed country of Italy you have no free speech. The prosecutor believed satanic forces were at work. He is full blown nuts. He and his investigators wanted to make, what was truely a rape and murder by a sex offender into a witch hunt for an American, an American who did not live up to his wierd biblical standard for female purity. She was wild by conservative italian standards and must be evil. I know you have linked a pro victim page, but this desire for more blood and these false claims do not serve the victim, they just create new ones. THis couple did not kill Meredith. Its is clear. Amanda did not do this. She is being convicted by rumor and anti american bigotry. And I am of part italian decent, but I am not blinded by your bias. Amanda is not a saint but the prosecutor is a crook and pure evil.

By your logic, then Meredith would have to have been an Italian. Yes, it is a pro victim page. Her name was Meredith Kercher.

Not Amanda Knox.

By your logic, then Meredith would have to have been an Italian. Yes, it is a pro victim page. Her name was Meredith Kercher.

Not Amanda Knox.

No not by any logic. The italian prosecutors and italian press constantly berated amanda in the news about what a loose woman she is. The family of the victim, like many even in the US, when misled by authorities blame any accused for the death of their loved one. There have been many exonerations of people accused or convicted in which family of the victim refuse to accept the exonerations. They cling to their long held erroneous belief. Its called denial. Amanda is innocent. And too many people are ready to accept her guilt because in their biased world it seemed plausible. But why would this couple make a sex pact with a person they didn't even know? I can understand how this denial happens. You invest so much hatred in a person, its hard to let go when you find out they are innocent. Why the italian authorities refused to accept the obvious has more to do with their own political aspirations and pure bigotry. If amanda had been killed instead, it might be meredith who had been accused since I am sure there is bigotry against the british too, but amanda's sexual behavior, though normal, makes the old italians want to think the worst. No evidence exists that put amanda and her bf at that scene. DNA, the fake knife play...all made up by the first prosecutor. The confession after hours of detention and abuse by police. We have had 100's of false confessions in the USA alone....and the family of the accused never forget that confession no matter how badly and incompetently it was obtained. Google Ryan Ferguson case for one. And if you go talk to the family of the victims in that case, they still think ferguson is guilty and so do many towns people when clearly he isn't.

Edited by mbrn30000

Amanda Knox is not innocent. But she'll never be tried again. Which is interesting because a citizen of another country who commits a crime in the US wouldn't have much luck getting out of the country let alone avoid being returned to the US. Knox doesn't appear to have that problem. When Sollecito turns on her, and he will, I'll be interested to hear what the excuses for Knox are then.

Amanda Knox is not innocent. But she'll never be tried again. Which is interesting because a citizen of another country who commits a crime in the US wouldn't have much luck getting out of the country let alone avoid being returned to the US. Knox doesn't appear to have that problem. When Sollecito turns on her, and he will, I'll be interested to hear what the excuses for Knox are then.

Sollecito is innocent too. And you will wait a long time for this "turn on her." Amanda did not do it. but you and others will never accept it. You should be mad at the prosecution...they lied to you. If Sollecito was going to "turn" on her, that time has long passed. Your remark about americans not being extridited proves my point, that for some this case is more about people's feeling towards americans, not the evidence. If Amanda was not an american, she may have never been charged. The Prosecutor whipped up feeling about religion, and the loose american woman. Even said satanic forces were involved. I feel sorry for loved ones when they hold onto a lie. Why casual observers lose prospective, I have no idea.

Edited by mbrn30000
  • Like 1