Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Bizarre rotating object pictured over London

seeder

Bizarre 'rotating' object pictured over London

This bizarre object was spotted over London today - prompting some to speculate it could be a UFO.

The strange sighting was seen at around 1.30pm in north London. It was pictured by a member of the public who posted it on Facebook under the name Mixtris UFO-images.

Writing on the social networking site, the user wrote: "I captured this object a couple of streets away from where I live. "The object appeared black in colour and was rotating as it moved along.

"I captured nearly 5 minutes of video before I lost sight of it floating in the direction of Highbury & Islington. I'm not sure what this object is. I thought it was a balloon, but there appears to be a light on it."

More images

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/pictured-ufo-flying-over-london-3471964#ixzz30NtvfBv9

alternative link

http://www.news.com.au/world/are-ufos-flying-over-london-facebook-user-claims-image-of-rotating-object-is-ufo/story-fndir2ev-1226899564819

563455-ef56692c-cf29-11e3-ae84-eacdfc097015.jpg

Scruffy looking UFO imo...do click the Mirror link for more images. So what is it? RC toy with stuff attached? Trash blown up?

• Like 2

I'm not really a fan of things like this because no conclusion can ever really be drawn. They just remain something strange that someone saw.

Could be anything and we will never know for sure.

It would be nice to see the 5 mins of video footage they supposedly shot.We might get a better idea of size and what it potentially could be

I'm not really a fan of things like this because no conclusion can ever really be drawn. They just remain something strange that someone saw.

Could be anything and we will never know for sure.

well one reason I find such stories and post them is to benefit from the collected wisdom of the folk who come here. We have reached many conclusions over many anomalous images and vids that circulate, heres the most recent example

Alleged UFO image

blue-ufo-netherlands.jpg

That got solved here

http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=265394&st=30

managed to find a sequence shot

10176002_1474122316138381_8837021377232231571_n.jpg

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=1474122316138381&set=a.1393528357531111.1073741828.100006218801543&type=1

My reservation is, the uploader is called 'matrix UFO images'...ie he collects and posts, ufo images. How convenient to be walking down the road and catch one!! Just about all parts of London are busy too, yet no other reports?

• Like 2

It would be nice to see the 5 mins of video footage they supposedly shot.We might get a better idea of size and what it potentially could be

Agreed, reading his FB page it does suggest he had probs converting the vid

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=1474122316138381&set=a.1393528357531111.1073741828.100006218801543&type=1

• Like 1

Bizarre object over London and only one person thought it was a UFO? Possibly a homemade drone, being flown in a park. And yes, what about the video. Its difficult to judge the size of this thing,

Doubt its a UFO from outer space, the air traffic control would have spotted it flying through controlled airspace.....if it was big enough and not just a toy.

• Like 1

Agreed, reading his FB page it does suggest he had probs converting the vid

https://www.facebook...18801543&type=1

How did he get to post this if his modem had broken down?

Mixtris Ufo-Images OK I'm gonna be offline for a bit. My bloody modems broken down. Grr!

Seems he is delaying the video, must be having problems with the adjustments. :whistle:

• Like 1

Someone on FB commented "remote control shark". Haha! That is what I thought when I saw the pics in post #7. It looked like a shark swimming in the clouds- from those angles, at least.

But not in the first pic, though.

Edited by QuiteContrary
  • Like 1

I see one positive in this: someone was able to take multiple photos of something flying over a large metropolitan area. They're not great photos but at least they show something.

Several years ago the University of Minnesota right next to downtown Minneapolis had a tethered balloon high over their campus for some experiment. Reports quickly came into a UFO forum (Open Minds, I think) that a spacecraft was flying over Minneapolis. Unfortunately people were too busy typing in descriptions of the thing to bother to take a photo of it. By the end of the day (before the students pulled the balloon down), there was only one photo of it posted in the long thread and it showed a white object about two pixels wide.

I could not believe that a forum full of people witnessing a UFO for hours and typing real-time descriptions of it could not bother to take a decent photo of it.

• Like 1

I believe it. I believe that people are so into UFOs that they can't figure out to try and triangulate its position. Had a few bothered to post their position and the direction of the object they'd have figured out it was over the university. If they could see it. They could have bothered to go over to it and see that it was a tethered balloon.

I've asked people what they saw and they tell you. If you ask color, direction of travel, size, features, etc. you get all different answers suggesting that they forgot to think about these things when they made their observations.

Alfena, Portugal 1990

Comparison images:

1990-10-de-septiembre-Alfena-Portugal_thumb.jpg

sigh... more evidence of the cyclical posting style of zoser, nothing to contribute so tries a detour, Now..as you were informed the LAST time you posted that, it was a balloon. And then when I found the image of a very similar balloon, you cry photo-shop :lol:

A high altitude balloon lofting an instrument payload for the observation of cosmic X-ray sources floats over Arizona. The six tubes hanging down from the balloon are vent-tubes, through which excess helium vents to the air.

On May 18, 2009 - and again on June 11 of that same year - a similar 4000 pound NASA weather balloon, that was released from the Columbia Scientific Balloon Facility at Fort Sumner, New Mexico, sparked a number of UFO reports when it drifted over Arizona.

[image borrowed from www.aerostar.com.]

39mzeropressureballoonakh4.jpg

former thread this was posted on

http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=228276&st=4755

Edited by seeder
  • Like 4

How did he get to post this if his modem had broken down?

Mixtris Ufo-Images OK I'm gonna be offline for a bit. My bloody modems broken down. Grr!

Seems he is delaying the video, must be having problems with the adjustments. :whistle:

He's using his mobile:

Hi all. I await a replacement router from my ISP could take a couple days to get back online. Current ly on mobile. I hate typing on these things. Big finger's tiny keys = frustration

Your image looks nothing like the Portugal image.

Please try again.

Also a little research wouldn't go amiss. The Portugal object did not just float in the wind.

Fail.

sigh... more evidence of the cyclical posting style of zoser, nothing to contribute so tries a detour, Now..as you were informed the LAST time you posted that, it was a balloon. And then when I found the image of a very similar balloon, you cry photo-shop :lol:

He never learns anything here. We explain and explain and two weeks later he has forgotten everything we showed him.

• Like 4

Your image looks nothing like the Portugal image.

Um, large sphere with six things dangling from it? Let me guess, you're going to tell us that the Portugal balloon is a different color so it can't be the same thing.

• Like 5

He never learns anything here.

Zoser doesn't accept our ill thought out unconvincing explanations. He feels that we are biased and try to bury cases with 'swamp gas' type explanations.

We explain and explain and two weeks later he has forgotten everything we showed him.

Zoser believes that we skeptics are deluding ourselves and try to convince others on the forum that there is no such thing as UFO's. He also feels that we are legends in our own minds.

Yes Scowl that's exactly right. Well done for those quality perceptions.

He's using his mobile:

"Been working on the video for last few hours, machine keeps freezing, its taking an age. I think i'll quit and star again tomorrow."

28 April at 15:03

now he is on his mobile.

• Like 2

Also a little research wouldn't go amiss.

Yes but you never do any do you? If you cant find the answer in google on page one, it never occurs to you to keep searching does it? But isnt is strange folks, how the balloon I posted looks extremely similar to zosers old image?

Ah I know the answer, my balloon pic is evidence of the fact we have reverse engineered alien balloons, and even copy their super dooper advanced shape too :lol:

• Like 2

Um, large sphere with six things dangling from it? Let me guess, you're going to tell us that the Portugal balloon is a different color so it can't be the same thing.

Erm the Portugal object is not transparent,...........

I have an answer for you:

Optician_2387_19214500_0_0_6000374_300.jpg

Yes but you never do any do you? If you cant find the answer in google on page one, it never occurs to you to keep searching does it? But isnt is strange folks, how the balloon I posted looks extremely similar to zosers old image?

Ah I know the answer, my balloon pic is evidence of the fact we have reverse engineered alien balloons, and even copy their super dooper advanced shape too :lol:

See above.

Erm the Portugal object is not transparent,...........

Neither is the NASA balloon.

sil·hou·ette

noun

1.the dark shape and outline of someone or something visible against a lighter background, especially in dim light.

Edited by scowl
  • Like 1

Neither is the NASA balloon.

sil·hou·ette

noun

1.the dark shape and outline of someone or something visible against a lighter background, especially in dim light.

If you can make the comparison stick then have a go.

You have not succeeded as yet. One image is see though the other not.

Over to you. The Portugal object was never described as as transparent by the way,