Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Supposedly haunted dolls

lemonsquares

I am interested in whether anyone here has personal experience of owning a haunted doll or stories to share ? I do not really follow the idea of haunted dolls however i will briefly relate one of my recent experiences.

I recently purchased an antique doll online from a doll auction house (quite cheaply as she has an eye missing). When the box arrived at my house i heard an unusual sound coming from it as i started to open it. It sounded like tinkling glass bells however there was nothing like that in the box. I have had the doll sitting in my bedroom for the past few nights and have not slept well as i keep having bad dreams about the doll. I will post photos if anyone is interested ...thanks.

• Like 1

I had the strangest G.I. Joe nightmares as a kid. I would wake up and see Joe and his friends playing by themselves on the headboard. Then I would really wake up....just an empty headboard. :cry:

• Like 5

I would like to see some photos, if you don't mind! :) Also, I thought there was a thread about haunted or demonic toys that you would be interested in, but I'm sorry, I couldn't find it...I'm thinking it's in this forum though, if you want to look....

I am interested in whether anyone here has personal experience of owning a haunted doll or stories to share ? I do not really follow the idea of haunted dolls however i will briefly relate one of my recent experiences.

I recently purchased an antique doll online from a doll auction house (quite cheaply as she has an eye missing). When the box arrived at my house i heard an unusual sound coming from it as i started to open it. It sounded like tinkling glass bells however there was nothing like that in the box. I have had the doll sitting in my bedroom for the past few nights and have not slept well as i keep having bad dreams about the doll. I will post photos if anyone is interested ...thanks.

Welcome to UM.

As the Unofficial welcome Party for the Ghost section of UM, I wish to congratulate on registering to our site! You will soon find out that many members will ask you these questions/statements, Please do not treat peoples questions as insults but more of a curiosity towards you and your doll.

1. Dolls can be really creepy, one of the most common fears is Pediophobia. Best example is things like chucky and The Puppetmaster. One of the popular misconceptions is that people assume something is creepy is instantly haunted, we can blame hollywood and various fiction books/shows out there (again not implying that you are).

2. The skeptics will ask more than photos if your future claims are more than sounds (such as eye movement, limb movement, teleportation etc), they will request video footage if it "starts" acting up. We recommend using a webcam and a free program that can records. If you need help uploading your video footage, Please PM me or ask here and I will give instructions to make it a more smooth process.

3. UM does not encourage sales, I am not stating what so ever that you are but to be on the safe side, UM does not condone linking to a site you be selling this product or direct bids on here.

4. Does the doll have a background or history of owners?

5. Out of curiosity, Can you link the website you got it from?

6. Why did you buy the doll?

• Like 7

Welcome to UM.

As the Unofficial welcome Party for the Ghost section of UM, I wish to congratulate on registering to our site! You will soon find out that many members will ask you these questions/statements, Please do not treat peoples questions as insults but more of a curiosity towards you and your doll.

1. Dolls can be really creepy, one of the most common fears is Pediophobia. Best example is things like chucky and The Puppetmaster. One of the popular misconceptions is that people assume something is creepy is instantly haunted, we can blame hollywood and various fiction books/shows out there (again not implying that you are).

2. The skeptics will ask more than photos if your future claims are more than sounds (such as eye movement, limb movement, teleportation etc), they will request video footage if it "starts" acting up. We recommend using a webcam and a free program that can records. If you need help uploading your video footage, Please PM me or ask here and I will give instructions to make it a more smooth process.

3. UM does not encourage sales, I am not stating what so ever that you are but to be on the safe side, UM does not condone linking to a site you be selling this product or direct bids on here.

4. Does the doll have a background or history of owners?

5. Out of curiosity, Can you link the website you got it from?

6. Why did you buy the doll?

Well said Mr. Topp.

I don't have any stories of haunted dolls - but am very curious about your doll. Can't wait to hear more about it.

I guess it's one of those "Hit and Run" posts, It is about that time of the year.

• Like 1

post-147802-0-42036000-1399179300_thumb. Hi. Sorry for the delay in reply (computer has been down) and appreciate all the responses. I also welcome all response from skeptics as i also prefer to look deeper into things and find out why they really occur (my career background is also in the sciences). Hope this photo is ok..others available.

1) I had collected antique dolls for many years but have not made any purchases for years. I bought this doll from a doll auction house in America after seeing it online and it is from a private owner who had a large doll collection in Virginia. They were not willing to provide me any information on the previous owners or history as they said for privacy reasons. However the doll is made of wax and apparently they started producing them from around 1840. She has no movable parts and glass eyes.

2) Since my last posting i have not had anything too much to report. I have had dreams about the doll however every night so last night i packed her away in a box and have slept well since. I have two cats, one has no reaction to the doll and the other one dislikes it very much. I am willing to do the video footage etc should the doll start acting up but have never done anything like this before.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Good Heavens why would you buy that??? With money even??

• Like 2

I found the original picture

mKdRTW-vpjk7TP-s5NT3fQw.jpg

mB_tzwp-l7VrebIVyKqlLaA.jpg

I really think it is more creepy than haunted.

• Like 2

Didn't you mention that she had an eye missing? Is that the doll in the pic that you were talking about.

Certainly the doll is creepy....it looks a bit like Chucky's sister...... :unsure:

• Like 2

Hi I appreciate comments and photos. Yes the doll has an eye missing, this happened during shipping even though she was securely packed. This photo was provided to me by the seller before I purchased. I also bought a second doll from this seller (both dolls are from the same estate). This one is a cloth doll and I also have her stored away. Even has real human hair ! Please see photo...

I have certainly experienced a chill in my home and some odd bangs in my home since I have purchased these dolls and my cat now acting strangely. I would not attribute it to the dolls without proof and verifications. I will post on here if anything of interest happens. Thanks

post-147802-0-64220900-1400065604_thumb.

Yes the doll has an eye missing, this happened during shipping even though she was securely packed. This photo was provided to me by the seller before I purchased.

Sorry I am not trying to just pick on parts of your story and seem too skeptical, however you stated in the opening post that you bought the doll quite cheaply because it had an eye missing. But then here you say that it happened during shipping.

• Like 3

Ahhhh! The second doll is scarier than the first!! Did you do a 'creepiest dolls' search on ebay to find these things or what. I'm never going to ebay again.

• Like 3

Sorry..i should have clarified in my post that I originally bought the first doll full price and she had both eyes intact. After the incident during shipping in which the eye came loose the seller gave me a partial refund so she ended up being quite cheap. Just watched the you tube video...pretty clever if that's fake, first time I have seen the video. As for the other question, no I have never searched for haunted dolls on ebay, just chance that these two funny looking dolls came from the same estate. Yes I do think the second doll is the creepiest of the two.

Edited by lemonsquares
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the photos...and I would NEVER pay good money for dolls like those, sorry...if I were the cat I think I'd be acting strangely too...

Edited by Gummug

I appreciate your honest opinion on the dolls. I wouldn't say that I regret buying them however I have contemplated how I will deal with the situation if the dolls end up do having some kind of a presence. As I have only been at home sporadically for some weeks (due to work and family commitments) I have not been around the dolls a great deal. They are simply in boxes in my spare room as I am also in the process of packing and moving house. What I have experienced however since my last posting are a brief white misty shape near my backdoor , cold chills in the room where the dolls are kept and electrical and mobile phone interference. I am certainly not attributing it to the dolls, however if anyone is interested I will update with any new happenings. I will be working at home full time from June onwards so I can take more notice of the dolls and photographs.

• Like 1

2. The skeptics will ask more than photos if your future claims are more than sounds (such as eye movement, limb movement, teleportation etc),

Thats one eye movement. The doll is missing one, (which came loose in shipping???) which in itself could all seem quite scary. Personally I have dealt with ebay sellers like this before, dodgy gear, blame it on the postage firm, give a bit of money back, saves getting the thing back and giving a full refund.

I am surprised she kept the doll after that. Its faulty, not haunted.

Edited by freetoroam
  • Like 1

Why would you want to spend money on those creepy looking dolls and keep them even? I stayed away from those (packed all of mine away) because I heard too many stories about them, albeit not supported with much evidence - but still.

Don't get me wrong, I do respect your interest; it's just a little disturbing for me.

However, I'd have to agree with freetoroam - the entire thing about the missing eye may very well not be linked to the paranormal, but it's just creepy to think of. I do find it quite strange that you still decided to get the doll even after one eye is gone.. Each to their own, I suppose.

• Like 2

You wanted the dolls, you paid good money for them and you even kept one when it's eye fell out. Put them on your doll display shelf and forget about them. They are not carrying a presence they are just ugly (sorry). Oh and creepy (sorry again). Don't let your own paranoia keep you from enjoying your delightful purchase.

• 3 years later...

hi,

Is there any way to get a reading on whether a doll may be haunted or not from pictures?

I bought a small lot of antique dolls from an online estate sale website for $2. I'm not afraid of dolls or anything but with the stigma attached to these sorts of things its got me wondering, they don't claim to be haunted but they look very old, creepy and once well used. Again its an estate sale without any detail or background and i'm a bit nervous to introduce bad energy into my home. The one in the red, tattered tunic is giving me vibes.  

i don't have the dolls in my possession yet i am collecting them in a few days.

59444402ea4a3_495321_3861705(1).jpg.4ec945719de9112c0dd2728f2f1e7eb4.jpg 594443f16cdda_495321_2182178(1).jpg.4e63bb913a957d92ebdda165ed2f892e.jpg