Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Still Waters

Heads to consider ending 6-week summer break

9 posts in this topic

Head teachers are to investigate the benefits of scrapping the six-week summer holidays.

Proposals to spread holidays more evenly through the year were discussed at the NAHT union conference.

Its leader Russell Hobby questioned whether the current 13-week term structure was healthy for staff, arguing changing it could reduce stress and cut holiday prices for families.

http://www.bbc.co.uk...cation-27260436

1 person likes this

could have an impact on holiday parks though

makes sense i think we should do the same

when in school i loved the six week summer holiday. can remember at the start thinking six weeks, wow, that's ages. but i can also remember sitting in the bath Sunday night thinking its all over. - you'd go back and it would feel funny holding the pen and your handwriting would be up the wall. loved it, but now i've left school i'd cancel all school holidays :lol:

1 person likes this

Kids now get much longer holidays in general compared to when I was in school. Going back after summer break there was nothing until Christmas, now they get two weeks in October as well. Christmas break is now 2 weeks, they have a long weekend in February too followed by two weeks at Easter. That's not counting the extra days off they get for teacher's training. I think that's them all! I wish we had that many holidays when I was in school.

1 person likes this

Kids now get much longer holidays in general compared to when I was in school. Going back after summer break there was nothing until Christmas, now they get two weeks in October as well. Christmas break is now 2 weeks, they have a long weekend in February too followed by two weeks at Easter. That's not counting the extra days off they get for teacher's training. I think that's them all! I wish we had that many holidays when I was in school.

dont forget the May/June week off

In Oz, we have 2 weeks in December + 4 weeks in January making for a 6 week Summer break (and THANK GOD for that, it's hot as hell here in summer, impossible to concentrate hot).

Then we have 2 weeks in April for Easter and often ANZAC Day.

2 weeks in June/July.

2 in September/October.

Makes for about four 10 week terms. Give or take.

Last year I got a job as Santa but I was exhausted with the long hours.

Much better since I became a teacher.

10zwepz.jpg

I don't get it Zebra99.