Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Mantis914

Sun changing to a different color

7 posts in this topic

I heard about this years back in several forums and from just hearing people talk that the sun has turned a more blinding white color than the usual yellowish glow that it had years back. From what I gather from all the reports/talk is that some time between the late 90's and early 2000's is when this change occurred. I've heard many explanations from the reduction in pollution to a more active sun to chemtrails causing it.

Any thoughts out there and or memories or stories that you may have heard that would prove/debunk this theory? I do have to admit these days, the sun really seems like it is brighter than I remember before or is it my aging eyesight???

it would take god how many years in order to change, it could be to do with rays and pollution mixed

1 person likes this

The sun pretty much seems the same to me...

It's color is an effect of the fuel it's burning (mostly hydrogen, but with some other trace elements), it's temperature and our atmosphere...

While the sun is actually getting (very slightly) hotter over long periods of time, and will eventually shift into the red colors, it is still roughly the same color and temperature now that it

was 50 years ago (+/- 1 or 2 degrees -farenheit- according to some astronomers)...

1 person likes this

You know, Mantis..I kind of thought the same thing too.

It seemed like the sunlight was more yellowish and not as harsh in the seventies as it is now but I really don't know what the causes are.

Like Taun said, there are many factors including changes in the atmosphere and perhaps there are minor, cyclical changes in the sun and some of us were born at a time where we are able to take notice.

It's not just you..I noticed the changes too.

2 people like this

Don't see any difference in color to what I remember, but certainly get burned easier now - more UV getting to ground level?

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

You know, Mantis..I kind of thought the same thing too.

It seemed like the sunlight was more yellowish and not as harsh in the seventies as it is now but I really don't know what the causes are.

Like Taun said, there are many factors including changes in the atmosphere and perhaps there are minor, cyclical changes in the sun and some of us were born at a time where we are able to take notice.

It's not just you..I noticed the changes too.

Ok, so that makes two of us and definitely agree that the brightness was not so harsh particularly in the 70's because I remember being outdoors a lot then and I was never blinded as I am now. Another thing that I was going to add to this was that my doctor had said that I had a Vitamin D deficiency and when I asked about it. He said something to the effect that a big part of the world has a Vitamin D deficiency. Could this be a symptom of this color change as the sun is a source of Vitamin D, I also seem to remember an outbreak of rickets sometime in the early to mid 2000's?

Edited by Mantis914

I am not so sure about that one. I think that overall we just do not spend enough time in the sun in order for our bodies to synthesize the Vitamin D it needs.

You don't have to be a literal sun worshiper but being out in the sun for 15 or so minutes at a time with at least your arms exposed might help. Artificial lights don't really cut it.

But then again, maybe the changes in the atmosphere also effects the healthful wavelengths that get through too. I just don't know.

1 person likes this