Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

More Nigerian School Girls Kidnapped

Lilly

Probably because they are the only countries that possess enough resources to assist other countries?

What do you want to see? New Zealand or somthing for a change?

Yes the US does possess the greatest amount of resources and yes it IS important to do what is right - especially when a nation has been as blessed as our's has been. But I have wondered just lately - who else would attempt to do what America has done to help over the past decades? Is it seen as purely a matter of "scraps from our table"? There are very many nations in the world that would not help even if they were as wealthy. We help precisely because we know we have been blessed and it is the right thing to do according to our morals. Those like Minerva are MANY and would love to see America thrown on the ash heap of history - one wonders if she doesn't want help for these children - who WOULD she want to help?

I don't understand Mineva.....don't you care about these young girls at all?...do you have any empathy or compassion for their lives? It doesn't matter what country is able to help. This is about Human Rights......this type of terrorism has to be stamped out and not be tolerated by any country (Western or not) in regards to a bunch of low life, cowardly uneducated thugs. It's time that you wake up Mineva.

I care even a single ant's life. My point is not lifes of childs. My point is the lack of convincing of help offers about kidnapped girls. I dont believe that a country which bombs schools in Pakistan/Afghanistan/Iraq, which puts drug embargos on children medicines, wants to help Nigerian girls.

I care even a single ant's life. My point is not lifes of childs. My point is the lack of convincing of help offers about kidnapped girls. I dont believe that a country which bombs schools in Pakistan/Afghanistan/Iraq, which puts drug embargos on children medicines, wants to help Nigerian girls.

I see what your saying and to a small extent I agree however in war there is always going to be collateral damage. Its the nature of the beast. Were schools bombed on purpose or did the enemy use them as shields. As far as embargos go the reason is to pressure a totalitarian government into a practice of better standards for human rights. If some medicines are with held it is for that reason. How can you give medicine to a nation just so they can prolong the suffering of it's people and not feel guilty over that as well.

• Like 1

If the west is willing to come together and try to help where is Russia. Maybe there to busy with Ukrain right now.

• Like 1

I see what your saying and to a small extent I agree however in war there is always going to be collateral damage. Its the nature of the beast. Were schools bombed on purpose or did the enemy use them as shields. As far as embargos go the reason is to pressure a totalitarian government into a practice of better standards for human rights. If some medicines are with held it is for that reason. How can you give medicine to a nation just so they can prolong the suffering of it's people and not feel guilty over that as well.

If you were a person in sharia court with such a defense, you would be executed.

If you were a person in sharia court with such a defense, you would be executed.

Yes I know that hence I will never visit a country that has such a court. I am also an atheist. When I see religion in a court room I face palm.

As has been stated by others, of course countries like the US are going to pursue their self interests. That is what nations do, it is part of the very definition. That being the case however if the US and company have the power to rectify this problem then I say let them, and godspeed.

Most people roll eyes at the terrible news of girls being kidnapped in Nigeria anyway. The public are more interested in trash headlines than serious issues. Very few are concerned about it, and bite their nails in the hope they'll be found. Who cares who rescues the girls as long as they're back home and something is done to stop such hideous acts again.

• Like 1

I can't believe some of the rubbish being flaunted here.......

The facts are pretty simple. Irrespective of whatever rights or wrongs have gone before anyone responsible for the kidnap, torture and possible ruination of these innocent young peoples lives deserves to be caught and tried and if possible put out of the way of decent people for as long as possible.

This theory that the end will always justify the means has credibility in historical terms but that still doesn't make it right. This is a despicable act in every sense.

• Like 1

This is key right here.

• Like 1

This is key right here.

Absolutely outstanding explanation of the problem - without malice and with serene confidence.

The latest news that Iv'e heard is that the girls have been split up and are now possibly out of the country. Fears are that many have already been sold, especially due to the time lapse between the abduction and now.

The principle is well established that governments and individuals can be held responsible internationally for crimes against mankind. No more legal justification is needed.

Many Americans demonstrate an unconscionable selfishness as far as their position is concerned, by pushing for restrictive trade laws that harm poor countries and immigration policies that harm the same, and the isolationism that would prevent the States from becoming involved in stopping crimes against humanity. ("I got mine, you can go rot"). Fortunately although this is a strong group in America their narrow mindedness and greed is seen by most other.

Many Americans demonstrate an unconscionable selfishness as far as their position is concerned, by pushing for restrictive trade laws that harm poor countries and immigration policies that harm the same, and the isolationism that would prevent the States from becoming involved in stopping crimes against humanity. ("I got mine, you can go rot"). Fortunately although this is a strong group in America their narrow mindedness and greed is seen by most other.

How about the Americans who are tired of being told that everything wrong in the world is the product of the USA/CIA/NSA/FBI and America shouldn't be sticking their noses into others business? You can't have it both ways...'stand up for justice or butt out of our business'...which one is it? Make a choice because there's no way one can have it both ways.

Edited by Lilly
grammar
  • Like 2

I think you completely distorted what I said. American tariffs and American immigration limits are selfish efforts to keep their own wealth and countries that do this sort of thing properly should be criticized for it.

The latest news that Iv'e heard is that the girls have been split up and are now possibly out of the country. Fears are that many have already been sold, especially due to the time lapse between the abduction and now.

In today's news -

Intelligence sources have told Sky News they believe they know where some of the schoolgirls kidnapped in Nigeria are.

The sources believe they have been split into at least four different groups, complicating the search to find the girls almost four weeks after they were taken by militants from Boko Haram.

British and American officials are using advanced eavesdropping equipment to scan the Sambisa forest where the schoolgirls are thought to be, Sky News understands.

https://uk.news.yaho...82.html#1HK0byr

Personally, I'm all for isolationsim. I grow tired of being blamed for the actions of others.

I also don't think for a second that the group who kidnapped these girls is backed by or encouraged by any American agency. Nigeria does a great deal of business (oil wise) with Exxon Mobil and it's in their best interests to have a stable country. The group that kidnapped these children probably want the riches that go along with having the oil rich lands...greed is their goal.

• Like 1

I think you completely distorted what I said. American tariffs and American immigration limits are selfish efforts to keep their own wealth and countries that do this sort of thing properly should be criticized for it.

You do realize that The USA is currently trillions of dollars in debt, right? I think it's about time we became concerned. Sorry you think that's selfish but survival frequently is selfish.

However, it does appear that aid to find where the children were taken is being rendered. Hopefully they will all be recovered.

Lets hope they find them Still Waters. There is bound to be contradicting news and information concerning their where about's. Sadly the longer that they are missing, and because there are so many of them, the search could become far more difficult. Like many other people in the world I hope that wont be the case and they all will be found.

You do realize that The USA is currently trillions of dollars in debt, right? I think it's about time we became concerned. Sorry you think that's selfish but survival frequently is selfish.

However, it does appear that aid to find where the children were taken is being rendered. Hopefully they will all be recovered.

The American debt is to itself mostly and as a proportion of GNP is much smaller than after WWII. Very few countries don't have such debt, and those are the ones with liberal trade policies. This however is off topic and I don't want to interfere any more than I already have with the condemnation of the terrorism.

Lets bring this thread back on topic which is the kidnapping of 276 Nigerian schoolgirls by Islamic militants.

Nigerian authorities failed to act on warnings about Boko Haram raid on school

Damning testimonies gathered by Amnesty International reveal that Nigerian security forces failed to act on advance warnings about Boko Haram’s armed raid on the state-run boarding school in Chibok which led to the abduction of more than 240 schoolgirls on 14-15 April.

After independently verifying information based on multiple interviews with credible sources, the organization today revealed that the Nigerian security forces had more than four hours of advance warning about the attack but did not do enough to stop it Source: Amnesty.org

Personally I'm fed up with people who hide behind, God, principals, injustice, history and any other useless junk to excuse themselves being nothing other than evil, barbaric and depraved.

Not sure that these evil cowards can be in any way rehabilitated.

• Like 3

Personally I'm fed up with people who hide behind, God, principals, injustice, history and any other useless junk to excuse themselves being nothing other than evil, barbaric and depraved.

Not sure that these evil cowards can be in any way rehabilitated.

Well i'm hoping that when Cameron referred to a 'British military training team' assisting in the effort, that he was referring to that well known 'British military training team' that spends it's time training in the most hostile places on the planet whilst carrying enough fire power to eliminate pretty much anything that gets in it's way....if that's the case, and extraction of the girls goes ok, then any rehabilitation won't be on the table, and the jungle wild life will have something new on their menu for a few days..

• Like 3

Well i'm hoping that when Cameron referred to a 'British military training team' assisting in the effort, that he was referring to that well known 'British military training team' that spends it's time training in the most hostile places on the planet whilst carrying enough fire power to eliminate pretty much anything that gets in it's way....if that's the case, and extraction of the girls goes ok, then any rehabilitation won't be on the table, and the jungle wild life will have something new on their menu for a few days..

Anyone of any military or other persuasion who goes after these guys are facing a very real threat to their own lives and even failure, regardless of fire power and training. I do hope they succeed and we can welcome them and the girls back home - this is a serious and harrowing business from start to finish, I admire and fear also for those who have to deal with all this . What becomes of the terrorists is actually of absolutely no concern to me for some reason - maybe because being a female I know they would shoot me in a heartbeat if I ever came across them. Hard to give a hoot for folk who make their twisted version of living at the end of a gun and through the use of their monumental egos isn't it?

I hope you're right though.

Edited by libstaK
  • Like 2