Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Is reincarnation real? Famous people

Anton25

Hi I have a video of reincarnation of famous people some people beleive they are time travellers or eternal vampires lol I just beleive they may have been reincarnated.. Here's my video Obama, Nicholas cage, John travolta, jay z look spot on amazing.

How come it's only famous people who seem to reincarnate?... There were a heck of a lot more 'average Joes and Janes' than there were "Napoleon's and Cleopatra's"...

You know what would really be novel and different is if instead of bragging that one was "royalty" or some imaginary creature in a previous life that they talked about how they were something common like a farmer, farm hand, blacksmith or that they worked on a fishing boat...no fanciful stuff, no ascending to godhood or whatever. A regular life..no "speshul" powers" no amazing adventures, just a regular, run-of-the-mill life.

But then again I guess that wouldn't be interesting enough.

• Like 4

How come it's only famous people who seem to reincarnate?... There were a heck of a lot more 'average Joes and Janes' than there were "Napoleon's and Cleopatra's"...

Yeh the number of "reincarnated Napoleons and Cleopatras walking around today does rather beggar belief doesn't it :whistle: Given that 99% of us live our lives without making a dent on the pages of history today, it is really far more likely if reincarnation was real that we had just as little impact in our past lives too, except for our own personal "spiritual growth" of course if that is what it is all about I guess.

Edited by libstaK
  • Like 1

At an RU meeting - (Reincarnated Unanonymous)

Bob: "Hello everyone. My name is Bob"

Group: "Hello Bob"

Bob: "I am the reincarnation of a guy named Ugg who lived in Eastern Africa back about 300,000 years ago... I just kinda walked around and ate bugs and things...I lived until the ripe old age of 27 when

I got eaten by bear"

Group leader: "Uhhh... That's nice Bob... But now lets hear from Gertrude. She's our fifth member who's the reincarnation of Marie Antonette!"

• Like 6

Oh I just noticed something blatant about that youtube clip btw - totally sexist, not a female reincarnated "vampire" amongst them at all, *walks off in a huff*

• Like 1

Oh I just noticed something blatant about that youtube clip btw - totally sexist, not a female reincarnated "vampire" amongst them at all, *walks off in a huff*

Which is really weird, isn't it?... After all, the movies always show one male vampire with a harem of hot female vampires following him around... Seems like there would be

more females than males... I know if I was a vampire I'd only bite really attractive women..

• Like 1

I must say, I think it odd that no one refers to a possible Stephen Fry/Oscar Wilde reincarnation. Neglecting the fact that Stephen played Oscar in the film Wilde, both are famous, gay satirists who have written several famous plays and novels and were sent to jail. Both are known for a predilection for pretty boys.

Plus, to mention Stephen's hero worship for Oscar Wilde, isn't it just like what is known of Oscar's personality and world views to worship himself?

Just saying, barely anyone makes a case for it

If reincarnation is real, my guess is that that while there was only one Napoleon or Cleopatra,, there were lots of people who were directly connected to said ruler. You weren't Napoleon, you were a soldier who became his lieutenant. You weren't Cleopatra, you were one of her personal servants. Your returning spirit or whatever it is that actually reincarnates simply got some of the details wrong.

Don't know what to think on the subject.I assume however if you lived a past life and your soul or essence entered another when they were born,you psyichal body when you grew up would not have the same facial appearance as you had in your previous life having been born to different parents.

When you think of all the ancestors we have had,it's more likely that these people and the celebraties are somehow related way on down the line,even though we don'tknow the exact connection.

If people are reincarnated and they claim they have a recollection of a past life, then why can't they tell us something verifiable that no one knows about?

Examples:

1. You are a reincarnated blacksmith. Show us where your shop is and let it be in a place where no one is aware of a blacksmith shop.

2. You are a reincarnated wealthy person. Show us where you were set on by thieves and an object lays hidden where the attackers killed you.

3. You are a reincarnated person. You buried something of value to you before an invading army arrived. Show us where to dig it up.

4. You are a reincarnated literate person. Show us a place unknown today where you left your signature on a rock.

Of all of the people claiming reincarnation and previous lives I do not believe that a single person has ever presented people with knowledge of the past in a verifiable manner.

• Like 1

When I look at the new Royal baby I see Henry the 8th

You know what would really be novel and different is if instead of bragging that one was "royalty" or some imaginary creature in a previous life that they talked about how they were something common like a farmer, farm hand, blacksmith or that they worked on a fishing boat...no fanciful stuff, no ascending to godhood or whatever. A regular life..no "speshul" powers" no amazing adventures, just a regular, run-of-the-mill life.

But then again I guess that wouldn't be interesting enough.

Like this... "The boy who lived before"

As for the topic, while I do believe there is something to reincarnation, just having people that look alike doesn't do anything for me. Given the billions of people born throughout time it stands to reason some similarities are gonna occur.

Evidence like the above link is what I find intriguing. I know someone who when he was a little boy often spoke of when he lived before and gave adequate detail of his past life to be convincing. His story was never followed up in the degree as that kid in the docu above but we all felt his experiences were probably genuine.

It's not.

This short documentary is well worth a look. Some convincing evidence in there.

rhubarb

• Like 2

I've always been baffled as to why anybody believes in reincarnation. Since almost nobody remembers their previous lives, it doesn't really serve any purpose. Buddhists consider it to be a learning experience, but it's a rubbish learning experience because you can't remember what you've learned! It's like Groundhog Day, except that at midnight Bill Murray has his memory wiped and has no idea he's reliving the same day repeatedly. Therefore in order to break the cycle by getting whatsername to fall in love with him, he has to do exactly the right thing by sheer chance - how long's that going to take? Also, it's traditionally been used to bolster the hideously unjust Indian caste system by claiming that if you're born as a rich, privileged Brahmin, it's because you were a wonderful person in your previous life, so you're entirely justified in feeling smug, whereas if you're an Untouchable, it's a divine punishment for doing evil things before you were born, so you jolly well ought to accept your miserable existence with appropriate humility, otherwise next time you'll come back as something even worse, like a naked mole rat, or a Kardashian.

One interesting exception to all the usual rules about reincarnation was General George S. Patton, who, despite being a presumably somewhat unconventional Christian, believed that he had been reincarnated repeatedly across the millennia, always as a soldier - he even wrote poetry about it. And allegedly, during foreign campaigns, he displayed uncanny familiarity with ancient battlefields because he'd fought, and sometimes died there 2,000 years ago. Most of these lives were as extremely ordinary warriors utterly forgotten by history, but he strongly suspected that he had once been Hannibal. Here we have what I think is a unique case of a famous person claiming to be the reincarnation of another famous person with the exact same job! (The Dalai Lama doesn't count because when he's still a child he gets years of training, so no wonder he remembers being all the previous ones.) I don't personally believe in reincarnation, but I concede that Patton had a better and more interesting claim to have lived before than just about anybody else. So there's an Unsolved Mystery for you!

• Like 2

Can anyone provide a story that is more than just a story? Can anyone point out an instance in which someone provided tangible evidence to substantiate a story? You have a lot of stories like MacLaine going out on a limb where all sorts of people make claims, but seriously where is the tangible evidence to support these stories?

Don't know what to think on the subject.I assume however if you lived a past life and your soul or essence entered another when they were born,you psyichal body when you grew up would not have the same facial appearance as you had in your previous life having been born to different parents.

When you think of all the ancestors we have had,it's more likely that these people and the celebraties are somehow related way on down the line,even though we don'tknow the exact connection.

well we all have DNA from ansestors it wouldn't be impossible to be born looking exactly the same and I think this could happen without having the DNA.. God works in mysterious ways

there is a female in the clip

Can anyone provide a story that is more than just a story? Can anyone point out an instance in which someone provided tangible evidence to substantiate a story? You have a lot of stories like MacLaine going out on a limb where all sorts of people make claims, but seriously where is the tangible evidence to support these stories?

this is a good story about a boy that Beleived be was from a place called barra.. And always said he was a barra boy and described the beach where planes used to land and a White House with a certain gate.. In the video his mum takes him there.. The first name of his dad in his past life was different but he got the second name that matched up to the house.. Strange I think he may have lived before and some of his memory's are mixed up and lost http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=QgOBfCrxS3U

this is a good story about a boy that Beleived be was from a place called barra.. And always said he was a barra boy and described the beach where planes used to land and a White House with a certain gate.. In the video his mum takes him there.. The first name of his dad in his past life was different but he got the second name that matched up to the house.. Strange I think he may have lived before and some of his memory's are mixed up and lost http://m.youtube.com...h?v=QgOBfCrxS3U

This isn't what I was looking for.

In this story the person mentions things that are knowable today. I did not watch the video, but the comments on the video page tell quite a bit. Had the boy been able to point to a place where there was something to be found that others were not aware of it would have been a hit. The tale of this boy is like many other tales.

Without seeing the video I imagine the typical shoehorning happens where misses are bent and twisted into hits. If they can't, then they are ignored and the tale centers on the so-called hits.

• Like 1

I've always been baffled as to why anybody believes in reincarnation.

When a child makes persistent extra-ordinary claims like the one in the video I linked, it's pretty hard to ignore.

It takes it out of the realm of mere belief and I think the parents did the right thing to investigate.

If people are reincarnated and they claim they have a recollection of a past life, then why can't they tell us something verifiable that no one knows about?

Examples:

1. You are a reincarnated blacksmith. Show us where your shop is and let it be in a place where no one is aware of a blacksmith shop.

2. You are a reincarnated wealthy person. Show us where you were set on by thieves and an object lays hidden where the attackers killed you.

3. You are a reincarnated person. You buried something of value to you before an invading army arrived. Show us where to dig it up.

4. You are a reincarnated literate person. Show us a place unknown today where you left your signature on a rock.

Of all of the people claiming reincarnation and previous lives I do not believe that a single person has ever presented people with knowledge of the past in a verifiable manner.

You aren't aware of the selection process for the Dalai Lama, then?

When a child makes persistent extra-ordinary claims like the one in the video I linked, it's pretty hard to ignore.

It takes it out of the realm of mere belief and I think the parents did the right thing to investigate.

It's a story. You fell for it hook, line, and sinker. Typical failure on your part.

Where is the tangible evidence that this is a true story? Where does this story reveal something tangible that was unknown before?

You aren't aware of the selection process for the Dalai Lama, then?

I am aware and it never leads to :

"If people are reincarnated and they claim they have a recollection of a past life, then why can't they tell us something verifiable that no one knows about?"

^not clear what you are saying. The double negative on the face of it means you are agreeing with me. Zat so?

^not clear what you are saying. The double negative on the face of it means you are agreeing with me. Zat so?

Dream on. Stop stalling.

Please show me anything, anything at all that is tangible learned through claims of reincarnation.