Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

500-Year-Old Vampire Grave Unearthed

Still Waters

Archaeologists have discovered the grave of a suspected vampire in Kamien Pomorski, northwestern Poland.

The body, which dates back to the 16th century, was unearthed during a dig in a marketplace in the town, situated in the West Pomeranian Province.

As reported in Kamienskie.info, the team found unusual features which indicated the burial site was vampiric.

https://uk.news.yaho...00.html#mRqKu7f

• Like 2

I still think that the legend of vampires started from rabies victims... Think about it:

- "Vampires" can't stand the sun... Rabies victims eyes are extremely light sensitive

- A "Vampire" bites you and you become one... Same with Rabies victims

- A stake through the heart will kill a vampire... well duh.... it will kill most things...

Add in the aggression and you've pretty much got the vampire legend...

• Like 1

I still think that the legend of vampires started from rabies victims... Think about it:

- "Vampires" can't stand the sun... Rabies victims eyes are extremely light sensitive

- A "Vampire" bites you and you become one... Same with Rabies victims

- A stake through the heart will kill a vampire... well duh.... it will kill most things...

Add in the aggression and you've pretty much got the vampire legend...

Vlad - The impaler didn't hurt either. Add the Church getting in on it to control the population at night and enter Bela Lugosi!

Vlad - The impaler didn't hurt either. Add the Church getting in on it to control the population at night and enter Bela Lugosi!

True... but IIRC he wasn't really tied to the vampire myth until Bram Stoker wrote his book "Dracula"... Unless I've overlooked something - which is entirely possible...

• Like 1

The legend of vampires and witches could also come from "Rye Ergot" which LSD is a derivative of. Ergot is a fungus that affects rye grain. It is speculated that Rye Ergot was the cause of the Salem witch trials and other witch hunts in America and Europe

If I lived during that time period and was accused of being a vampire, I would have replied "no, I'm a cannibal."

... You're free to go.

LOL.

The legend of vampires and witches could also come from "Rye Ergot" which LSD is a derivative of. Ergot is a fungus that affects rye grain. It is speculated that Rye Ergot was the cause of the Salem witch trials and other witch hunts in America and Europe

Interesting. I just got done skimming an article about just that becasue of your post. While I agree that this may have the cause of some of the witches, I'm certain that the witch hunts also used to get rid of people the Church and public officials wanted to get rid of for one reason or another.

Cool find to bad they did not find a real vampire

• Like 1

I just watched Vampires kiss with Nicholas Cage. His crazy face is all I imagine when I hear about vampires atm ha

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Vampires were inspired by decomposing corpses. If they ever had to re-open a recent grave, they would notice the corpse looked fat and full (bloating), the nails and hair seemed longer as if it was still alive and growing them (skin retraction). There is also often blood around the mouth of a decomposing corpse. Taken together, it would look an awful lot like the corpse 'awakened' at night and was feeding on blood.