Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Sean Hannity

Yamato

Is Michael Savage wrong?

[media=]

[/media]

Let's have some republican aka "conservative" infighting and challenge the appearance of unity in this political group for a change. Because if all they do is rail against liberals, they'll never disagree about anything. And before the resident partisans start accusing me of bias, we're all biased, but I'm not biased politically, and so I'll be more than happy to entertain any fissure among liberals, democrats, libertarians, anti-war hippies or any other political group. Start a new thread and invite me over.

Of course conservatives are going to be horrified that I'm even starting this topic, it doesn't serve their political interests. So they'll avoid it like the plague, and this thread will have nothing but crickets, unless people here who don't care about political purity can salt the bait and make it too irresistible not to bite.

As always, when a reason to feud hits them in their own wallets, their self-righteous conservative political unity goes straight out the window. A little bit of pressure, a little bit of heat, and it falls apart like the cheap plastic that it is. Which goes to show why it's not a good idea to be led around by any self-interested ideology in the first place. Especially not from the mouths of TV hypocrites (good American patriots) paid millions to do nothing more than run their mouths like Sean Wallbanger Hannity.

Hannity is loud to the point of being obnoxious. Stopped paying attention to him a long time ago. Savage isn't a lot different but he's a little more entertaining. I'm not sure what would make this interesting other than the butt hurt comments by Savage :w00t:

• Like 1

Whether it is Hannity, Savage, Bill O'Reilly, Glenn Beck or Rush Limbaugh, I can't stand them. Conservative commentators can say whatever they want, but I have the right to turn them off the radio or internet. They don't debate normally, they rant and rave, and stir up emotion or hatred among their listeners.

Edited by Mike D boy
  • Like 2

Sean Hannity you say...

What a swell, decent, upstanding christian kind of guy. He stands up for anything that is right and true. He's the best conservative commentator there ever was. Yep, he's the best. Someday I'm gonna get his autograph.

Why are you all laughing? confused0050.gif I can hear you, you know. Your all too loud.

Well anyway, we should all cheer him on. Let's do that!

*crickets*

Bummer..........

• Like 1

Well, I haven't watched him that much, but I always enjoy listening to what he has to say. My main beef with him (and with most pundits, not sure about the liberals because I don't watch them) is that he interrupts his guests a bit too often, imo. Other than that, I think he is a decent human being (even though I suspect Purifier was being sarcastic). I hope for his sake I am not proven wrong.

• Like 1

Eight minutes in and I think I got the gist. A media feud. Do I need to hear the phone calls? I hear a small celebrity radio host who hates a big celebrity radio and television host for controlling his P.R. image. Wow, whood'a thunk it? And a possibly jealous small celebrity using a big celebrity's name to get ratings. Nothing new. It's as old as the industry. The only reason you might hear crickets is because there's nothing very interesting going on here.

• Like 2

I watch Sean Hannity over here in the UK for the comedy value,even the conservatives over here wouldn't support half the crap he comes out with.

• Like 1

All pundits...left and right...sow discord. They aren't helping cool things down and get people to the table of rational thought and compromise. I don't watch any of them...left wing media or right...they annoy the crap out of me.

They will claim that Obama has fanned the flames of racism and wealth envy...and even if true, they have done zero to quell it down and bring calm discussion to these explosive topics.

Racism is still a problem

Sexism is still a problem

Wealth disparity is a growing problem...

we all know these things...but these guys and gals from both sides aren't opening the conference room doors and inviting people in to have rational discussion, they are encouraging people to be outraged and emotional...neither of those things ever helped solve a dispute.

I don't care for Hannity myself...I see him as a spineless big mouth. He fawned all over the Rancher Bundy in Utah and then "poof"...Bundy made some ugly racist comments...goes to show you should never put another human being on a pedestal, they will inevitably let you down at some point.

Both sides of media push the pendulum to the extreme left or right when by far...most folks are in the middle and "lean" a little to one side or the other...most folks are not the extremists the pundits try to make out as the "norm".

• Like 3

Hannity is just another establishment dirt bag. Folks like him and Glen Beck say alot of things people want to hear so that they can help the establishment to stear people away from really getting the whole picture. I never watch or listen to any main stream scum. Left or right, they are all on the same team. Thats the team that needs the American people as divided as possible.

• Like 3

These guys will say whatever it takes to get people to listen to their show. Doesn't matter if you listen because you agree with them or listen because you disagree with them. The important thing, to them, is that you listen. Number of listeners = ratings = $$$. As usual it is all about the $$$.

• Like 3

And with govt, it's all about the power. Dana Carvey taught me a long time ago that "first you get the money, then you get the power, and then you get the women." Best advice, ever.

Maybe a valid reason to be a conservative is to identify with traditional conservative values, and yet all I see is hypocrisy over money even if they don't have their own TV show.

Question for all: Instead of safely avoiding Sean Hannity, one of the most popular pundits in the US today among conservatives, instead of either making general statements of blase avoidance or short lists of names to avoid, what conservatives should I listen to? Give me the list of names that's good. (Other than Rand Paul please, who I already subscribe to on Youtube, who regularly appears on Sean Hannity's TV show as if he doesn't know better. My subscription's lineup of videos documenting the Rand Paul - Sean Hannity bromance is a mile long already).

So hannitys job as a media personality is to control his public image and garner ratings. I'm surprised how much some of you hate him for that. I don't think he's so bad. Relentless he is in the berating of Barrack. It gets to be enough sometimes but as far as his overall view on the important things I find little to disagree with myself. I'll tell you what surprises me most though Yamoto. That you thought anybody would take this so personally that nothing but crickets and self loathing tongue tied igits would visit this thread.

• Like 2

what conservatives should I listen to?

How about the ones you know right here? Real ones who aren't paid to let you know who they are.

Giving you a list of names seems like a loaded question from you. You probably have big opinions on all the big names but for the heck of it, what about some from the cast of The Five or Charles Krauthammer. He gets huge praise from all the conservative pundits.

• Like 1

Lose the nerf football Sean, you throw like a girl!

I'll tell you what surprises me most though Yamoto. That you thought anybody would take this so personally that nothing but crickets and self loathing tongue tied igits would visit this thread.

Have you ever glanced at the conservalib debates on this forum that constantly occur whether they're the subject of debate or not? Of course you have, you're one of the participants. Why would I suddenly think people here won't take it personally when they do it on a regular basis?

Have you ever glanced at the conservalib debates on this forum that constantly occur whether they're the subject of debate or not? Of course you have, you're one of the participants. Why would I suddenly think people here won't take it personally when they do it on a regular basis?

Because nobody here worships these media guys and nobody here was caught acting out of character or labeled a hypocrite by Michael Savage. Other than that I'm not not sure what else you think you're on to. I'm not fighting with you. Just trying to figure this out.

Edited by F3SS

How about the ones you know right here? Real ones who aren't paid to let you know who they are.

Giving you a list of names seems like a loaded question from you. You probably have big opinions on all the big names but for the heck of it, what about some from the cast of The Five or Charles Krauthammer. He gets huge praise from all the conservative pundits.

Well that's exactly why I started the debate here. Sell me on someone. Krauthammer, okay. Suddenly President Obama can't bluff over Syria just in case anyone calls his bluff and makes him look bad. If it worked, and maybe it did for all we know, it'll be spun into a negative nelly by the conservative press anyway. Other than escalation and getting the US militarily involved in foreign conflicts around the world, what alternative does the widely beloved conservative Krauthammer offer?

Well that's exactly why I started the debate here. Sell me on someone. Krauthammer, okay. Suddenly President Obama can't bluff over Syria just in case anyone calls his bluff and makes him look bad. If it worked, and maybe it did for all we know, it'll be spun into a negative nelly by the conservative press anyway. Other than escalation and getting the US militarily involved in foreign conflicts around the world, what alternative does the widely beloved conservative Krauthammer offer?

I dunno. You're asking the wrong guy. Krauts been given this image of an insanely intelligent character of common sense. Who knows? Maybe he is. Personally, I find him boring although I'm sure to agree with him on some things. If you're looking to be sold you're definitely asking the wrong guy. First, I probably couldn't. Second, even if I'm a fan I still don't know them and aren't going to go out of my way to sell them to you. Third, I wouldn't know who to suggest. I'm rarely, if ever, star struck. I can like what they do but I fawn over no celebrities and would be hard pressed to call myself a fan in its truest sense. Even with the Steelers. Life long Pittsburgher, I like my team and some of the players but I have my own life to think about and you'll never find me celebrating the achievements of other people in a 'fan' kind of way. Ehh, maybe a few rock stars but mostly no, I don't get absorbed in the public personalities I listen to or watch.

• Like 1

I see their names bandied around on here and on commercials, but I've never watched any of them. I read the news online and don't need to be told how to interpret it.

• Like 1

I see their names bandied around on here and on commercials, but I've never watched any of them. I read the news online and don't need to be told how to interpret it.

That's a good unintended point you have. Hannity, Rush, Beck and the like are not journalists. They're opinionated entertainers. In Savages rant calling Sean a hypocrite, because he's 'just like what hannity says about Obama', I fail to see the outrage. First, Seans not a journalist. I demand a certain amount of integrity from journalists. Second, he's a talk show host. You don't hold talk show hosts to the level of character you do a journalist or especially those we elect to office.

I've heard Savage a few times. He always seems confrontational, mean spirited and high strung. His voice is the worst and he always sounds like he's going to have a heart attack or a stroke any minute if he doesn't relax a bit.

Lose the nerf football Sean, you throw like a girl!

confused0052.gif

Hey! Now you just watch it Mister! You're gonna get me all riled up with making a comment on Sean like that. Don't make me haft to pray for you. I will do it, you know!

• Like 1

I dunno. You're asking the wrong guy. Krauts been given this image of an insanely intelligent character of common sense. Who knows? Maybe he is. Personally, I find him boring although I'm sure to agree with him on some things. If you're looking to be sold you're definitely asking the wrong guy. First, I probably couldn't. Second, even if I'm a fan I still don't know them and aren't going to go out of my way to sell them to you. Third, I wouldn't know who to suggest. I'm rarely, if ever, star struck. I can like what they do but I fawn over no celebrities and would be hard pressed to call myself a fan in its truest sense. Even with the Steelers. Life long Pittsburgher, I like my team and some of the players but I have my own life to think about and you'll never find me celebrating the achievements of other people in a 'fan' kind of way. Ehh, maybe a few rock stars but mostly no, I don't get absorbed in the public personalities I listen to or watch.

Not asking for stars, just asking for one public figure worth listening to. It doesn't matter that we don't know any? If there are no public figures worth listening to, then there's no public figures worth supporting either, which is what I'm going to wind up concluding.

Krauthammer ain't it. He's a walking billboard for neocon foreign policy every time I see a column or hear him rant about Obama. How can I find any agreement with a group if I can't even find a single individual from that group agreeable?

I'm from the other steel town, Youngstown OH. I know the effects that war policies can have on a local economy and conversely I know what real economic depression looks like better than most. You can't keep demand up for a commodity like steel unless you create the demand to make things with it. Building weapons and actually using them so you can go make more would have kept the mills running longer, so I'm sure if Krauthammer had all of his druthers, the steel economy of Youngstown and Pittsburgh would still be getting artificially inflated by war spending. But the Vietnam war ended, and the city was dead in five years.

I don't know Yam. I don't know who to recommend. I have a hunch you know them all and have an opinion on them too.

That's a good unintended point you have.

Unintended? :innocent:

• Like 1