Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

introduction

spirithorse

is there such things as curses that were placed on our ancesters that affect us today in our life

• Like 1

No, I don't think so. We arrive with a blank slate,

Welcome to the forums spirithorse. :)

• Like 2

No. But as a representative of the Debunking Division of Ebil Gurm'nt Co. I extend a shadowy welcome. Enjoy the dolphin and whale buffet, puppy slapping is on Tuesday, Satanic sacrifices on Thursday.

• Like 5

Hello and welcome spirithorse, as far as I know there are no curses, just bad luck or being in the wrong place at the wrong time and both to people with either a paranoid imagination or a very imaginary one.

• Like 2

is there such things as curses that were placed on our ancesters that affect us today in our life

Cruses? No. But I do we inherit dysfunctional ways to handle the problems of life, that can be worked through, and many in fact do.

Peace

Mark

• Like 1

No. But as a representative of the Debunking Division of Ebil Gurm'nt Co. I extend a shadowy welcome. Enjoy the dolphin and whale buffet, puppy slapping is on Tuesday, Satanic sacrifices on Thursday.

I knew it! :yes:

You mean like 'original sin'?

I think i might need glasses, because when i first saw your username i thought it said shithorse :rolleyes:

Anyway welcome aboard and enjoy the ride !

PS: DecoNoir you are not supposed to say that in public, now i have to report you to our superiors !

Edited by Noteverythingisaconspiracy

Welcome! Curses---foiled again!

• Like 1

Curses? no......it's all random stuff. Welcome :)

Curses? no......it's all random stuff.

I wouldn't go that far. Every one of our thoughts, words and deeds has a consequence. There are things our ancestors may have done that still effect our lives. So, not a curse in the common sense of the word, but the result could be the same.

I wouldn't go that far. Every one of our thoughts, words and deeds has a consequence. There are things our ancestors may have done that still effect our lives. So, not a curse in the common sense of the word, but the result could be the same.

I understand the principle of...:"for every action, there is an equal and opposite reaction"... and yes, even our own thoughts whether being negative or positive can affect our own personal well being.

For example: if I truly loathe a person and wished them ill will (curse if you like) I am only doing damage within myself for the hated that I alone hold.... therefore I make myself angry and bitter.

The OP was referring to "curses".....no, I do not believe in curses per se.

Many indigenous folk however believe in curses....the Australian Aboriginal for example, believe if an elder of their tribe "points the bone" at the person, which is defined as a curse. Then, the victim of the curse truly believes in it's powers.

The "Suggestion of the mind Principle" can have a very powerful affect on the individual, especially in the case of the Aboriginal people and their deeply, ingrained ancestory beliefs.

Edited by Astra00
  • Like 1

hmmmm I wonder if the spirithorse is here to bring and bear some of the ancient curses to fruition .... ?

Welcome to the boards spirit horsie !!

~

hmmmm I wonder if the spirithorse is here to bring and bear some of the ancient curses to fruition .... ?

Scary thought :cry:
  • Like 1