Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Sorrel Weed House Full-Length Entity Photo

Still Waters

Please be aware I am not a nut, nor a photoshop person. I am a Florida Attorney and a tourist ONLY. This story is absolutely, 100% real... and the photos are completely untouched as they came out of my sd card (except of course, the enhanced photos). I take a lot of photos everywhere I go but I've never taken one quite like this.

http://sorrelweedgho...ith-face-photo/

http://en.wikipedia....rrel_Weed_House

There seems to be some confusion that I'm talking about myself in this post. So just to clarify, the posted text is quoted from the article source link and the person in the article is not me - Still Waters

Edited by Still Waters
Added a note for clarification
  • Like 1

Looks like the face of an alien. This must be a rare alien ghost, very elusive.

Or the window was dirty.

• Like 1

Ghosts love looking through antique glass, and distorting their faces.

Edited by davros of skaro
  • Like 1

It is an interesting picture and case.

There isn't any timestamp on the photos, so it is impossible to say if the one was taken right after the other, or 15 minutes later, or 2 hours later.

If you look at the pic about 3/4 of the way down the page, the pic labeled, "

Sorrel Weed Slave Quarters Apparition Close Up", you can see the red "skirt" at the bottom. The next pic, "

Sorrel Weed Slave Quarters Ghost floating out of frame to the right side." shows the same red skirt at the bottom, but it is now off to the right, just as the "ghost" is. Where the red skirt used to be, in the center, you can see a ladies head. This speaks to me that the whole ghost is a reflection. Maybe of a street sign, like for a restaurant or shop.

Further evidence of a reflection is in the, "

Sorrel Weed Slave Quarters Apparition Close Up" I just referenced, where there is a dark line running down the front of the "ghost", but the line is skewed when it goes to the next window, because that window is recessed and so reflects the image of whatever this was differently.

EDIT: In fact I think there isn't even any blinds in that window. I think the "blinds" are probably a reflection also. They don't line up from window pane to window pane. It looks to me like a slatted roll up door/gate. Probably across the street.

2nd EDIT: Actually the answer to the "blinds" is half way up the blog. The picture labeled, "Me taking pics away from the tour group" show slatted fencing on balconies across the street that match up excellently. The ghost then was probably some one/thing on one of those balconies.

Edited by DieChecker
  • Like 4

It's a cool pic :tu: , faked or real!

• Like 2

Where is THE Brian Topp to weigh in on this matter?

i can wait...

• Like 4

i can wait...

He's busy, but I'm sure he'll be around soon. :)

• Like 4

[q

i can wait...

He seemed rather absent for a thread such as this.

I cannot wait. :unsure2:

• Like 2

Weird, I swore I had given my break down.

Maybe on another site/forum? :tu:

Frankly I don't see anything in the un-enhanced photos. Which always makes me wonder - did the photographer really see anything or did he/she simply put every single photo through enhancement to see what might pop up.

My thinking is that it's the later.

• Like 2

Ok, Let's have a jolly good second attempt at this shall we..

1. Ok Orbs, I don't hold much to them since they can be explained due to the lens being close to the flash. If you notice my highly colorful picture it shows you how lacking the maintence from dusting and also glare make the orb visable in the photo.

http://s29.postimg.org/qp6yp37gm/photo1.jpg

2. I am not going to post the photo here but post the link, i am curious about the smudges on the lens, check i could imagine a few ghosts, one on the top left corner, one on stairs that look like a skull.

http://sorrelweedgho...04/dscn3531.jpg

3.photo number three, the "Ghost" at the store window. http://sorrelweedgho...04/dscn3537.jpg

Heres the data.

http://i61.tinypic.com/jhd8cj.jpg

Again, Not linking but it shows there was no tampering the photo.

Now, Let's look at this picture.

A. The glass is FILTHY, look on the side, Look how dirty it is, especially from the sky that isn't blocked from the palm tree. Also notice that the "ghost" dust is red on one window glass, Funny they never mention that.

http://s24.postimg.org/htaxmr4ud/image.jpg

B: Now if i remove the reflection of the palm tree (next post explains that) you see how the filth is connected to the window it self.

http://s15.postimg.org/jjafshowb/image.jpg

C: The "head" is acutally part of the palm tree, if you look, that picture beside it shows an example of a palm tree that is positioned around the place (there is about 6 located around the building and more across the street).

http://s15.postimg.org/m1w4t6amj/image.jpg

My opinion:

These people are using Pareidolia for the "Ghost picture" with a combination of dust on the glass (some finger prints), glare from the sky and finally the shadows of the palm tree

Before you argue it was in one picture and not in the other, It is about the sunlight. Example, If you were in a dark room and you look at your clothes, you might not notice the hair on it, go out side you notice it. Same thing, the angle of the sunlight revealed the dust on the window plane.

• Like 6

Maybe on another site/forum? :tu:

No, I just didn't hit submit lol. So i redid all of it.

• Like 1

This photo was a big clue to me....

dscn3541.jpg?w=640&h=853

Because you can see the "blinds" are a reflection of the balcony wall/fence, and the red colored walls matches the red below the "ghost". And behind him is a white pillar that runs up the wall.

If you go back to the ghost pic and the ghost moved pic, you can see in the upstairs window what looks like the top of one of these white pillars. Which "moves" as the ghost moves.Which is really because the photographer moved.

Maybe the "face" is actually the white pillar with a palm tree intervening and causing a weird reflection in the window?

dscn3537.jpg?w=640&h=480

sorrelghost4.jpg?w=640&h=480

post-26883-0-47033300-1400038912_thumb.j

• Like 3

Just a reminder from the source site:

PLEASE BE ADVISED THAT I OWN THE RIGHTS TO ALL OF THESE IMAGES. PLEASE DO NOT REPRODUCE WITHOUT MY PERMISSION.

So for copyright reasons please avoid hotlinking to the images.

Thank you.

I could now make out eyes…even a pupil…thick, full lips with fine lines, etc….

Never amazes me the detail others can see in blurry indistinct blobs in photos that I'm blind to.

• Like 1

I'm not saying its there or not, just that he seems to have worked very hard to prove it is.

I can't wait for the day, if ever, that I look at a ghost picture and say holy smokes it's a real ghost!

• Like 1

I'm not saying its there or not, just that he seems to have worked very hard to prove it is.

I can't wait for the day, if ever, that I look at a ghost picture and say holy smokes it's a real ghost!

Or better yet, how about one just walks across in front of the camera during any of the hundreds of thousands of hours of live coverage shot and broadcast daily around the planet.

• Like 4

It is an interesting picture and case.

There isn't any timestamp on the photos, so it is impossible to say if the one was taken right after the other, or 15 minutes later, or 2 hours later.

The time is contained in the EXIF data.

The photos on that webpage were taken over a period of about 2 hours on 28 March 2014. A set at c. 1:50, some at 2:34-2:44 and one outside at 3:42 (assuming the clock is set right, but even so, the relative times should be right). The two outdoor photos claiming to show an apparition in the window were taken within 7 seconds of each other.

Nothing in the EXIF data indicates the original photos were tampered with.

• Like 3

So for copyright reasons please avoid hotlinking to the images.

Thank you.

I'll look around better for those warnings next time. I didn't see any Copyright warnings on the pics and so went ahead and posted them.

• Like 1

The time is contained in the EXIF data.

The photos on that webpage were taken over a period of about 2 hours on 28 March 2014. A set at c. 1:50, some at 2:34-2:44 and one outside at 3:42 (assuming the clock is set right, but even so, the relative times should be right). The two outdoor photos claiming to show an apparition in the window were taken within 7 seconds of each other.

Nothing in the EXIF data indicates the original photos were tampered with.

So basically he probably just stepped a couple steps to his left and took the next picture.

Clearly thought the "ghost" didn't move, the photographer did. :tu:

• Like 2

To me it appears he steps back and to his left after the first photo is taken; this is why the reflection moves or seems to "float" away.