Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Pope Francis says he would baptise aliens

UM-Bot

And since that hasn't and likely never will happen there is no basis to suppose that they are more advanced than us unless you consider the 6 star wars movies as evidence.

You're going to be the first one they eat. :whistle:

The doctrine I'm referring to is the purpose of Christ's sacrifice. To redeem the blood of Adam. Adam would be humans not ET therefore baptizing a non-human would be blasphemy.

Some Christians might disagree with this interpretation as you can see here:

Why will God destroy the planets and stars along with Earth? When Adam sinned, ALL of creation was affected—the entire universe. Romans 8:18-22 teaches that all “creation was subjected to futility.”

Source: http://christianansw...n/edn-c012.html

As Guillermo Gonzalez, Astrophysicist and proponent of the Intelligent design points out:

What’s more, the doctrine of the Incarnation has always meant that God became incarnate to reconcile all of creation to Himself. It doesn’t say God became man to the exclusion of everything else. Both Catholics and Protestants have offered serious theological analyses of ETI.

Source: http://www.equip.org...ristian-books-4 (very interesting)

And since that hasn't and likely never will happen there is no basis to suppose that they are more advanced than us unless you consider the 6 star wars movies as evidence.

The basis for such supposition (I prefer to call it possibility) is that the sun is a relatively young star of about 4,6 billions years, if we compare it to the rest of the cosmos. It seems then quite possible that older stars with habitable planets orbiting them might have harbored life forms well before our Earth did. Which means that theoritically, far more advanced technological civilization may be out there. The sheer statistics and probabilities support that view. It's not Star Wars but real science.

Edited by sam_comm
  • Like 1

I don't see how the bible would apply to them...

as bible is one of many earth based ancient book...

I agree, I'm not sure how Original Sin, or the fall of mankind in the Garden of Eden would apply to a different species from another planet. Not that I'm overly concerned, but it seems inconsistent.

I agree, I'm not sure how Original Sin, or the fall of mankind in the Garden of Eden would apply to a different species from another planet. Not that I'm overly concerned, but it seems inconsistent.

Well, the Garden Of Eden is considered a fable, it seems to me that in the 21st Century no longer mainstream Christians litterally believe that Adam and Eve lived naked in paradise and that the Devil came to capture Adam and so on. This is an allegory, a myth.

According to Cardinal Pell of the Roman Catholic church:

"It's a very sophisticated mythology to try to explain the evil and the suffering in the world,''

"It's certainly not a scientific truth. And it's a religious story told for religious purposes."

Source: http://www.theaustra...f-1226322379822

Edited by sam_comm

I do recognize the Garden of Eden as an allegory. I'm guessing the pope will assume that the aliens had committed their own Original Sin, otherwise they would be in Heaven.

Except, of course, if they were gay aliens.

That's not true. Pope Francis has been the first Pope to not exclude gay people.

The basis for such supposition (I prefer to call it possibility) is that the sun is a relatively young star of about 4,6 billions years, if we compare it to the rest of the cosmos. It seems then quite possible that older stars with habitable planets orbiting them might have harbored life forms well before our Earth did. Which means that theoritically, far more advanced technological civilization may be out there. The sheer statistics and probabilities support that view. It's not Star Wars but real science.

If you really want to argue this kind of thing meet me in the et life/ufo forum where I will explain my logic. Just go look at some of the posts in the bill clinton thread.

As long as the aliens are not gay... in which case they can die and go straight to hell to be tortured until the end of all existence. Obviously

The doctrine I'm referring to is the purpose of Christ's sacrifice. To redeem the blood of Adam. Adam would be humans not ET therefore baptizing a non-human would be blasphemy.

Please show me where Jesus has stated that he sacrificed himself on the cross to redeem the blood of Adam specifically?

Please show me where Jesus has stated that he sacrificed himself on the cross to redeem the blood of Adam specifically?

It actually should have been seed of Adam not blood and if you google that you can find multiple essays that supposedly demonstrate that fact(?)

But to just quickly answer it for yourself, presupposing that the martyrdom of Jesus was a true event with spiritual implications, just who do you think he was martyred for? Who's sins did he die for? Was it Spock? No it was humanities, wasn't it.

Unles Adam was only one of many aliens, only living on earth, and the redemption of humanity meant admiting that there is life in the universe to, besides on earth..... :w00t:

You are funny! :lol:

Yea especially as it obvious that god is an alien/ ET (I mean he is not an earthling /terran is he?)

If Martians matter to Pope Francis, how about other sentient beings right here on earth?

I wish he would live up to his namesake and do something positive for animal welfare.

• Like 1

What if aliens have their own solid belief system and are INTOLERANT to human religions?!

• Like 1

What if aliens have their own solid belief system and are INTOLERANT to human religions?!

They will of course have their own belief system but I expect it will be tolerant and not include jealous gods. Otherwise they would have destroyed themselves. (Actually what would happen is that a segment of them that believes in jealous gods would see they are losing out and would use nuclear or biological technology to commit the suicide of the whole planet. We are headed that way now).

They will of course have their own belief system but I expect it will be tolerant and not include jealous gods. Otherwise they would have destroyed themselves. (Actually what would happen is that a segment of them that believes in jealous gods would see they are losing out and would use nuclear or biological technology to commit the suicide of the whole planet. We are headed that way now).

But they might find Abrahamic faith incredibly unpalatable. I just hope their way of conversion is to spread nano-converter in the air, making us all believe in their religion without resisting at all...

Yea especially as it obvious that god is an alien/ ET (I mean he is not an earthling /terran is he?)

The biblical creation myth does not incorporate a 'universe' as we understand what the term represents today. In the time the biblical creation myth was invented, our planet was "the universe" and so the creator deity would have to be inherently "terran". Maybe not human, but not 'alien' either.

I agree. For a sapient self aware species to gain the technology to travel off planet it would also have to have the corresponding wisdom to use that technology safely. This is a natural limiting factor on the expansion of species into space all around the galaxy and many never make it off planet. I am more optimistic, however. I believe there is a 50/50 chance we will develop adequate wisdom and self control to survive long enough to become interstellar travellers and colonisers.The next century will be critical in this.

The biblical creation myth does not incorporate a 'universe' as we understand what the term represents today. In the time the biblical creation myth was invented, our planet was "the universe" and so the creator deity would have to be inherently "terran". Maybe not human, but not 'alien' either.

My reading of genesis and also the rest of the bible (along with others) does include a universe which pre0existed earth and one in which many planets contained civilizations and races of beings Earth in this mythology was the only race or species to side with satan and this is a lesson still being observed by all the other races and species under the governance of god. In job, for example, satan comes up from earth and interrupts a meeting god is having with other beings to try and use job to show gods poor governance.

In this biblical mythology humans are the only species which do not have access to 'heaven' and the community of the stars, because we are interdicted while this struggle goes on.

And i dispute your cosmology. For at least 5000 years prior to the old testament humans saw the stars, they tracked them and used them for both practical agricultural and astronomical, and theological purposes, and wove them into creation myths. I think they had a good idea of the concept that much lay beyond the confines of our planet, even if this was often seen as the domain of the gods. The old testament makes direct reference to other beings pre - existing, and existing along side, humanity .

Maybe it's a catholic doctrine that humans are the soul creation of god, or that humans are the only members of the "governance of heaven", but it isn't biblical doctrine.

On a simpler logical note. How could a terran god create terra? ie Before terra existed, god had to exist as an "extra -terran," in order to create it.

Edited by Mr Walker

Yeah I really don't think aliens would want to be baptised. I'm sure they would have their belief system down pat.

It actually should have been seed of Adam not blood and if you google that you can find multiple essays that supposedly demonstrate that fact(?)

But to just quickly answer it for yourself, presupposing that the martyrdom of Jesus was a true event with spiritual implications, just who do you think he was martyred for? Who's sins did he die for? Was it Spock? No it was humanities, wasn't it.

So it isn't in the bible that he actually died for the seed of Adam - that is just what has been extrapolated by some authors in their essays on the purpose of the crucifixion. I think you will agree there is a huge difference.

I will just say that we are provided with information that we can at this time handle, this is my belief. If our world view expands to include the bonafide fact of extraterrestrial visitation then we will be provided with the wisdom teaching on how that relates to the nature of God and his guidance of us through history, as well as his further guidance through the new dichotomy. Because I do not know what that will mean unless or if we face that day, I will not be deciding who is and who is not a part of God's kingdom or why.

Edited by libstaK