Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Campers encounter real-life 'Blair Witch'

UM-Bot

WAWOT. :td:

So was Googling WAWOT, cheers ;)

• Like 4

thats not a ghost, thats a small fairy beside the trunk of the tree, you can tell by the shiny pixie dust

Looks like these 2 kids are getting their 15 seconds of fame. No ghost to see here. All are explainable with rational thought.

• Like 1

I'm surprised they didn't give the monster*any credit for some of the noises and misdeeds. It is behind the tent, circled in red, emerging from the earth of the campsite.

Yeah, what the hell is that thing?! And is that a toy sailboat on the right side of the bench by 'giant hair'?

(Thanks Merc14, that was good xD) They brought water toys too....

post-145966-0-04725000-1400170691_thumb.

(Click the pix in order to see it in the larger rendering of the pix.)

Edited by Kasha

Reminds me of when I was about twelve and decided it was time for me to spend a might by myself in the woods. I was indeed visited by a vocal fox and a number of other animals interested in my presence. I arose the next morning somehow miraculously evading big foot, witches, alien abduction, fairies, ogres, and, of course, chupacabras.

• Like 7

Reminds me of when I was about twelve and decided it was time for me to spend a might by myself in the woods. I was indeed visited by a vocal fox and a number of other animals interested in my presence. I arose the next morning somehow miraculously evading big foot, witches, alien abduction, fairies, ogres, and, of course, chupacabras.

You forgot Slenderman! Thank god, what miracle ;)

Edited by Kasha
  • Like 2

when i first read this i thought that it was just people pranking them, then i saw the picture of them...if they are campers i'll eat my hat, couple of chavvy girls looking for a bit of publicity

• Like 7

Some people seem to forget that animals exist. They go into the woods, hear sounds, and OF COURSE assume it has to be a ghost or something.

• Like 6

Or one of the girls lost Dad's new hammer and blamed it on a ghost.

Lame Joke. :P

• Like 2

They went with a couple guys that said this would be a fun thing. Once there the guys went for beers and stopped off at the pubs got drunk and left with two ladies not so high maintience. They got scared because there parents found out and made a crazy story about camping out, like come on, these two :w00t:

Disclaimer I made that up, but hmmmm

Edited by The Silver Thong

They sure look like the outdoors camping type ..

:passifier: :rofl:

• Like 1

Interesting could have been animals around there camp..

lol it was probably just some kids winding them up !

Abbots Liegh woods, Bristol U.K. has long time been a place where weirdoes gather, the Police have been called there quite a lot in the past ,but the strange goings on have always been caused by humans,dancing nekid around fires and chanting weird songs, not a place for 2 young ladies at night.

Edited by spud the mackem
  • Like 1

Aww, I think folks are being too hard on the gals camping abilities or not based off the newspapers pics of them. Their rather unfortunate taste in style for their photo op does not really reflect their camping abilities.

I did think it odd that they had a camping stove and utensils set up along with a nice little tent... But their tent appeared to be empty of bedrolls or bags of personal stuff. For the folks I camp with, tents aren't that empty till after the coffee has been drunk and you got some real clothes on, you don't break camp in your Pj's. Maybe they are newbie campers that scared themselves silly.

• Like 1

don know wats the hype bout that movie. No ghost no nothing..

Edited by TheGreatBeliever

What idiots. The picture they took was just sun glare off of a tree trunk. Look to the far right of the picture and you can see the same glare off of another tree.

or, some of their friends knew where they would be and decided to have a bit of a giggle scaring the crap out of them. The whistle being replied to was most likely one of the oyher people hiding behind a tree, The lost hammer will probably turn up in a bag, as for the child a fox is my thought but it also have been some with a toy of some sort. I have toys for my dog that make a giggling noise when they are squeezed, I took one with me when I was exploring some local tunnels with friends, needless to say they were not impressed.

1 of 2 things: either they are on the level or the pranksters are really lame. A child crying? Come on... how many times has that been done before? Stealing a hammer? They should've left some wooden sticks or a pile of rocks outside their tent if they wanted to stay true to the Blair Witch storyline. Were I in charge of the pranks, those 2 would be in an institution by now...

• Like 2

The baby crying was what did it for me. Totally not paranormal- there are many, many forest animals that sound like crying babies, or even screaming women. It's a pretty common creepy woods noise. There was likely an animal prowling outside the tent. If they didn't seal their food tight enough the smell would likely attract something.

• Like 2

For that sir you deserve the laurels, and a hardy handshake.

• Like 1