Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

vampires real or not.

Unknown123456789

Any proof to share need help finding more on atlas vampire case of 1932 swedish anyone translate documents that lead to more info

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atlas_Vampire

Nothing really to the Atlas Vampire story, most all of the Vampire tales are easily explainable. From cults, crackpots and cannibalistic people. Hollywood, literature and modern fascination with the idea make it all sound interesting. There was a recent article about young blood reversing aging in lab rats or mice, which gives some credibility to some of the old tales of people trying to extend their life spans by drinking blood.

• Like 1

There's been strange reported cases, but I haven't heard or read concrete sources. Granted, I haven't cared to look into it deeper. At the end of the day, If they're real I have zero interest in bumping into them. Here's a preview of a list about possible sightings/cases etc...

1916? - Following a notice that Bela Kiss, of Czinkota, Hungary, had been killed in World War I, neighbors searched his property and found the bodies of 31 individuals, all of whom had been strangled. Each corpse possessed puncture wounds in the neck and had been drained of blood.

1947- Elizabeth Short of Hollywood, California, was murdered and her body dismembered. Later examination discovered that her body had been drained of its blood.

Elizabeth Bathory (1560-1614) who alleged killed more than 600 people for their blood to bath in for she said that she could have immortal powers and immortality. Once stopped she began to age and died four years later. Several vampiric killers emerged in the 19th century. The earliest reported case was that of a man named Sorgel, a German who killed a man in the forest and drank his blood in an attempt to cure him of epilepsy. That same year Antoine Legar killed a 12-year-old girl, drank her blood, and ate her heart. A more famous incident involved Sergeant Francoise Bertrand (1924-1949) who was arrested in 1849 in Paris for opening the graves of the dead and eating flesh from the corpses. A generation later, in 1886, Henri Blot was arrested for a similar crime. Seaman James Brown was found in 1967 on board his ship, a fishing boat on its way to Labrador, sucking the blood from the body of a crewman he had murdered. He had already killed and drained another sailor in route from the US.

Source - http://darksites.com/souls/vampires/angelxxuan/case.html

Take them with a salt shaker, most of these seem to be psychos rather than vampires.

• Like 2

I still think that the vampire legend started from observing rabies victims, and the victims of other diseases/afflictions... Not to mention the occasional whack-a-doodle like the ones Donnie posted...

• Like 1

1916? - Following a notice that Bela Kiss, of Czinkota, Hungary, had been killed in World War I, neighbors searched his property and found the bodies of 31 individuals, all of whom had been strangled. Each corpse possessed puncture wounds in the neck and had been drained of blood.

1947- Elizabeth Short of Hollywood, California, was murdered and her body dismembered. Later examination discovered that her body had been drained of its blood.

Source - http://darksites.com...xxuan/case.html

Take them with a salt shaker, most of these seem to be psychos rather than vampires.

Bela Kiss was not a vampire,he was a mass murderer who got away with it because he was never found. The bodies were all found in drums NOT by the neighbors, its was the landlord who found the drums and the police opened them, There were 24 bodies and he had tried to pickle them.

JEEZE talk about exaggeration!

Elizabeth Short was hacked to death, so yes her body would have been drained of blood, but it was done at the place of murder and then the body was dumped, here is the autopsy report:

Black Dahlia Autopsy Results

The investigation of the Black Dahlia murder returned inconclusive results. While mutilated body of Elizabeth Short was drained off blood, there was hardly any at the crime scene leading investigators to conclusion that she was murdered elsewhere and dumped in that ditch after she was dead. The mortician concluded that her body was cut in half with either an electric saw or a large butcher knife. Her death was caused by “hemorrhage and shock due to concussions of the brain and lacerations of the face.”

http://www.********....autopsy-photos/

What is this site you have found changes the stories to make it look like it was vampires? They were sadistic killers who were never caught, NOT vampires. So you are right, they were psychos rather than vampires.

Edited by freetoroam
  • Like 3

I still think that the vampire legend started from observing rabies victims, and the victims of other diseases/afflictions... Not to mention the occasional whack-a-doodle like the ones Donnie posted...

This young "chick" did not help matters, she started a few legends herself:

Fondly remembered as "The Blood Countess," the Hungarian noblewoman is considered the world's most prolific, not to mention most sadistic, female serial killer. Her ties to Transylvania lore and her alleged taste for blood make her the perfect candidate for the Queen of Halloween, if not Creepiest Chick in History.

http://www.mnn.com/lifestyle/arts-culture/stories/the-blood-countess-historys-most-prolific-female-serial-killer

From then we have had the odd (very odd) cults and a few lone "wanna be vampires" who after reading about these gory killers, and like many other books and legends which have had an unstable influence on people who take them as literal, wanting to test the theories and take to practicing them.

• Like 2

Fondly remembered as "The Blood Countess," the Hungarian noblewoman is considered the world's most prolific, not to mention most sadistic, female serial killer. Her ties to Transylvania lore and her alleged taste for blood make her the perfect candidate for the Queen of Halloween, if not Creepiest Chick in History.

http://www.mnn.com/l...e-serial-killer

From then we have had the odd (very odd) cults and a few lone "wanna be vampires" who after reading about these gory killers, and like many other books and legends which have had an unstable influence on people who take them as literal, wanting to test the theories and take to practicing them.

I have to admit that I am not as well read on the history of the Vampire myth... But didn't most of those cults and "wanna be's" occur after Bram Stoker wrote Dracula?...

• Like 2

I have to admit that I am not as well read on the history of the Vampire myth... But didn't most of those cults and "wanna be's" occur after Bram Stoker wrote Dracula?...

Bram Stoker just widened the field, but it goes back further than Bram..

Many of the newer generation have been taken in by Buffy, but its nothing like the original stories which came out of Eastern Europe and the Balkans.

The wannabe`s came well before Bram and Buffy.

http://www.mnn.com/l...e-serial-killer

Copy cat killers, I mean come on come up with your own thing instead of following something someone else did.

• Like 1

Copy cat killers, I mean come on come up with your own thing instead of following something someone else did.

Yep, and they want to do it gorrier than the last fellow. Like the films, saw and hotel, ( I do have them, pretty good as special effects go) but they just gorrier which each new make.

But the point you make is right, just like religions, people love to follow something.

Yep, and they want to do it gorrier than the last fellow. Like the films, saw and hotel, ( I do have them, pretty good as special effects go) but they just gorrier which each new make.

But the point you make is right, just like religions, people love to follow something.

The Saw movies actually had a pretty good plot, I also own them, and did you mean Hostile? you said hotel

• Like 1

The Saw movies actually had a pretty good plot, I also own them, and did you mean Hostile? you said hotel

Hostel, part 1, 11 and 111. Jeeze, you would have thought seeing as i got them all i would have spelt it right.embarrassed-smiley55.gif

And yes, all the Saw films had good plots.

Well free I'm what people call a gore hound, I also own all the saw films and the Hostile films, Love that scene in with the woman in the tub of blood :yes:

Then you got your really sadistic ones like the Human Centipede, which surprisingly Got a sequel which I did see :blush:

The vampire myth came from folk lore in Eastern Europe. The latest vamp craze, looks, hopefully, to be dying a long overdue death.

Elizabeth Bathers bathed in the blood, rather then fed on it.

• Like 1

Elizabeth Bathers bathed in the blood, rather then fed on it.

The stories which followed just flourished, there is actually no eye witness to this, there is no eye witness testimony to her drinking blood either, but she has become known as is one of the most famous of all historical vampires:

Elizabeth Bathory, the Blood Countess, is one of the most famous of all historical vampires. She is perhaps less well-known only than the infamous Vlad Dracula, known also as Tepes (the Impaler) and he - although noted for his savage and very public methods of execution - was no vampire, but has merely been cited as the inspiration for Bram Stoker's fictional Count Dracula.

The popular version of events tells how Elizabeth took to bathing in the blood of young girls2, although of the various horrific eye-witness accounts of her crimes, none describe these blood baths.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/place-london/plain/A593084

But it seems like other stories, it just gets exaggerated and grows gorier and gorier as the next man tells the tale and another man takes on the practices. But above is the proof how people watch the films and take it as the truth. They were not vampires, but are now known to be because of the films.

• Like 1

I am not sure if their are real vampires, I guess it's possible. I don't think I want to run into a real vampire. I heard some sightings, and reports. Forgive me if somebody had posted this one already. Have any of you ever heard of The Vampire of Highgate Cemetery?

Highgate Cemetery was constructed in London, England in 1839 as a burial place for the elite. After many years of neglect, the cemetery is now allegedly the home of a terrifying vampire. According to The Highgate Vampire Society, the sightings started in the late 1960s. A tall figure with red eyes was spotted and repeatedly reported, launching an investigation into the area and these claims.

The strangest and most disturbing sighting came in 1971. A young girl passing the cemetery was attacked by a very tall, white-faced dark figure that threw her to the ground so hard that she suffered from scrapes on her arms and legs. Luckily, the shadow figure immediately disappeared when a car pulled up to the scene. The girl, who was in a state of shock, was taken to the police station and eventually told her own story. That story supported the sightings reported by so many other members of the community, and sightings of the "vampire" continue to this day.

• Like 1

Well think about what a vampire is in the most literal terms, Some entity that survives off of only drinking human blood, now I know of not one human in these cases such as the bathory chick or anyone that claims to be a true vampire, I guarantee you there living off of more than just human blood.

Here's a vampire on the Jerry Springer show. It just doesn't get any more real than this. He's a vampire I tell ya.

• Like 1

Any proof to share need help finding more on atlas vampire case of 1932 swedish anyone translate documents that lead to more info

I think that energy vampires exist! God knows I've met, and bumped into a few of them throughout my life. :unsure:

How to Avoid Being Drained by Energy Vampires

http://psychcentral.com/blog/archives/2013/11/14/how-to-avoid-being-drained-by-energy-vampires/

I doubt that there are real vampires. I'm referring to supernatural entities that drain blood or energy. Also, modern concepts of them have little to do with ancient folklore. Contemporary "vampires" originated in the Romantic period. Their real genesis can be found in books like "Dracula" and "Carmilla". The popular conceptions of vampires gelled when films were first made, and Lugosi cemented the archetype for our time in a way that became compatible with our culture. He went from the stage to the screen, and his version of the monster became our generation's version of the old mythology. Our vampires are much different than the ones of the past.

The only vampires I have seen are the ones who dress like its a 14th century funeral, write poems about how the dark fills their shattered hearts and chain smoke while drinking from Dollar Store bought goblets....

But that is not saying they are not real....I just hope they chose to give the gift of immortality to someone who would actually respect it, and not use it to go trolling for coffee shops at 4am in New Orleans before they start their day job as a cashier at Kroger.