Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Surreal mushrooms

Simbi Laveau

My husbands a bit of a buff on mushrooms, not me though, but he did show me a Ascomycetes spore shooter once while we where mushroom hunting, amazing things are mushrooms.

• Like 1

Wow, I've lived in Australia all my life, well since 3 yrs and have never come across the likes of these. Of course, I can't say I have really looked - from here on in I am gonna be looking. Simply beautiful.

• Like 1

It's like Fantasia! Or the X-Files episode with the big underground digesty mushroom! :(

• Like 1

Quite beautiful. I like to check out fungi up close. There are so many vibrant colors. Fungi living on things in caves are also quite intricate since there is no wind or rain to mat them down.

• Like 2

Wow! I always take pictures of mushrooms, but they are nothing like this. They are amazing.

• Like 1

oh, i like the fuzzy pinkish purple one with the insect on the side. just a remarkable picture.

• Like 1

My husbands a bit of a buff on mushrooms, not me though, but he did show me a Ascomycetes spore shooter once while we where mushroom hunting, amazing things are mushrooms.

There's a forum dedicated to just mushrooms. How to forage, tell the difference. Medicinal properties.

The name eludes me just this sec.

It s quite interesting

• Like 1

Mushrooms sure are interesting and some do have medicinal properties, but there are an awful lot of poisonous ones too, so in respect to all those who have let us know what NOT to throw in our bolognese, people today should read up on what they are picking...actually without proper knowledge, they should NOT pick or touch them at all. I can still hear my grandmother saying to me "do not pick any mushrooms and wash your hands straight away if you touch one by mistake, too many people have died already"

• Like 1

Can i have one piece of that light blue colored mushroom and also one with pink?

They look adorable and i believe they make u adorable too, at least in your mind :D

• Like 1

Can i have one piece of that light blue colored mushroom and also one with pink?

They look adorable and i believe they make u adorable too, at least in your mind :D

magic!

giphy.gif

• Like 1

As kids we used to go on family outings mushroom picking, my dad would look out for a potentially good field, park the car and off we'd go! Him and my gran were the 'experts' at knowing which ones were edible, they'd show us what to look for and would point out any that weren't. On a good day we usually managed to take home a decent sized bag full. It was fun but it was a long time ago and I wouldn't trust myself now to do that, I just buy them instead.

• Like 2

Ho Hum.

Check this one out:

post-39895-0-25304200-1400937758_thumb.j

You can all kiss it.

Harte

• Like 1