Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

'Dinosaur skull' photographed on Mars

UM-Bot

The latest in a long line of impossible objects sighted on Mars is a rock in the shape of a T. rex skull.

Eagle-eyed observers claim to have found a lot of strange things on the Red Planet over the last few years including a human hand, a gerbil and even Bigfoot, but in this latest pareidolia exercise one person has spotted something that may trump them all - the skull of a Tyrannosaurus rex.

Read More: http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/news/266678/dinosaur-skull-photographed-on-mars

• Like 1

al i see is rocks , rocks and more rocks... *observing... observing and more observing* and now *hallucinating, hallucinating and more hallucinating* and nope.. no t-rex skull

Edited by ThesillyfunnyguyIDK
  • Like 3

Fascinating B) ~clears throat~

• Like 2

The only rock I see that could be a look-alike is a rock that looks like a snake head, not T-Rex. Imaginations are great, but whoever saw the T-Rex needs to take or get off his meds.

• Like 2

I don't see anything.

You can find it left of the front wheel of the beige 09`BMW M3 in the middle of the pic.

• Like 2

the only thing i could put an image to is on the upper right, looks like someone put rocks in the form of a 'round' house with a flat roof :)

i find the images of mars wonderful and all, but i really do not seem to see all these special images others see. It is almost like pple are forcing images out of things in order to convince others of things.

It kinda looks to me like that big Momma Alien from the Aliens movie, but you really have to be stretching the imagination to think it is anything more than an interesting shaped rock - it ain't no fossil, that is for sure.

• Like 3

LOL. I saw this and I'm like am I nuts? Evidently not, because I don't see a T Rex either. Whew! :)

• Like 3

Sorry I just see Rocks,maybe I'm missing something......

Hallucinogens..

• Like 1

I could tell which one they were talking about. The Huffington Post article showed an example that couldn't have been a T Rex skull. I don't think it was thought to be true and was just for fun. Headlines can be so deceiving sometimes, but I think UM is running out of material to print.

• Like 1

My "Eagle Eye" observation skills see only a pile of rocks. Sorry if I shattered anyone's hopes of a Martian Jurassic Park. What's the magic word?? Pareidolia.

Edited by ancient astronaut

The skull shaped rock is interesting, there are even a couple rocks laying around the scene shaped like ribs, and table rock is curious, but most interesting is the small furry thing almost dead center of the img.

I see BIGFOOT!

the only thing i could put an image to is on the upper right, looks like someone put rocks in the form of a 'round' house with a flat roof :)

flintstones??? not sure how they got there though :santa:

The rocks are interesting and wonder how they were "formed"?

I came across this posted somewhere else:

(it shows an outline of the shapes of the skull and body of a T Rex)

First image on Mars and the second image is an actual T Rex skull in a museum.

http://i730.photobucket.com/albums/ww308/Whiteone11/trex.jpg

http://www.infoplease.com/images/trex-skull.a.jpg

If the Mars picture really does have a dinosaur T Rex then it could be a mummified T Rex, as it's got a visible shut mouth.

Silly, that's swamp gas. Sheese. ;-) Actually that is a fascinating img. (heres more) Do you have a link to the photo strip that was discovered in?

I can dismiss all of these as rocks, but I'd still like someone to tell me what that spine looking thing on mars is.

http://files.aboveto.../pq512337d8.JPG

I have to admit that's pretty cool looking.

As for the "T-Rex" picture this thread's article --> :passifier: --> :no: *heavy sigh* --> :td:

Edited by Calibeliever

It seems worth noting here that the subject object of this thread is in no way an actual skull, The best that can be said for it being unnatural is that it is a sculpture.

The skull shaped rock is interesting, there are even a couple rocks laying around the scene shaped like ribs, and table rock is curious, but most interesting is the small furry thing almost dead center of the img.

Table? I thought it looked like a trap door that's ajar.