Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

My body absorbed a white, bright light

birrrrr

Hey everyone!

I´m a Norwegian girl, 23 years old and living in Oslo, study nursing. I´m so glad i found this forum, because I´ve been googeling my fingers off the last hour to find out what happened to me last night. It´s my first post. I´m a curious, optimistic, postive and creative person, but I know that I saw something strange, I´m not joking about this. I believe there´s more between earth and universe, but I don´t know what or who.. I´ve never tried any spiritually before. Enough about me.

Yesterday I went to bed around 22:00 p.m (21th May) and I had some afflictions in my thies. They were going nuts, but they were not painful and I was so relaxed so I just let them play and work out, didn´t move my muscles. I was laying on my back and felt them, and they were actually feeling good.. Then those afflictions moved to my arms, both of them.. I don´t know if these muscle afflictions had something to do with what I saw, but then, out of nothing, the brightest light occurred down at my left side of the bed.

In half a second, I felt like my body took a pause. My brain stopped thinking, my heart stopped pumping and lungs and every other process in the body just stopped.. And that mini second felt like it lasted at least 5 sec, so much happened. I felt like I was flying outside my body watching down on it. I don´t know if this is the right word for it, but hover? I was diagonally just hovering on the same spot, maybe 30 cm over the floor.. And then then this beautiful light, maybe it was some sparkles, i don´t know, went into me! My body was lying in bed, but I saw myself get all of that light. My body brightened up, and then the light disappeared again. It was like my body absorbed the light...

All this happened so fast! And when it was over the afflictions quitted too.. I got so tired and so sleepy and a little bit shocked in a good way. It took a while before I felt to sleep, and during night I had the worst nightmare ever. Dark shadows, looking like big dogs, chasing me. I woke up, screaming, sweaty with increased pulse. And today, I´ve been feeling so good. So effective, so strong and concentration have been excellent (Soon exam). I´ve been feeling someone is watching me. But I don't know who, what or anything.

So I´m asking you guys now, what was this light? I´ve been feeling so good today. I´ve been thinking a lot about it, did this light wanted to say something to me? Watch over me? Do you think this light was a sign on something?

Couple of weeks ago I broke up with my boyfriend, and today i´ve had the feeling that something have happened to him.. He haven´t replied yet..

Thank you so much for reading this! Please help me to find out what this was :)

Big hugs

B.

Edited by birrrrr
  • Like 3

When you said sparkles it reminded me of something I saw when I was 19 years old (1983-84) I was talking to my Aunt and my Cousin (her daughter) when a bright silver rip in the air appeared above them (only I could see it) and drops of silver light rained down on them. At the time I had a feeling it was the holy spirit blessing them, watching them, protecting them, whatever you want to call it. Mind you I used to take mushrooms and at that time so it certainly could have been a hallucination. After the rift closed I don't know how else to describe it than to say I could feel a very pure love surrounding them for a few minutes. They kept asking me what I was smiling about but I just kept smiling.

Did you have any feeling like this pure love? It definitely sounds like you A) had some type of spiritual energy experience, or B ) were imagining things. The answer is really up to you and what you decide to feel it was.

Edited by OverSword
  • Like 4

Thank you for your reply!! What a description.. Such a sweet thing to experience. When you say it, I felt loved and happy. Like my future is bright sort of. But i´ve had that feeling more today, than when it occurred. I feel strongly that someone is watching me or caring for me..

The last 5 years I´ve been working with elderly people. Nursing them, giving them a smile on their face, helping them and listening to them. I always smile, and I´ve been told they´re all happy that I´m there for them. I feel like this light is giving something back to me.. Guiding me to find my right path or something. All the love I´ve giving these people the last couple of years, are some way given back to me now..

I don´t know.. But what I know, is that I feel so good. It´s like having 10 loving and caring mums around you, wanting the best for you.

Edited by birrrrr
  • Like 2

You sound like a really nice young woman. Welcome to UM! :clap:

• Like 2

Hello Birrrrr,

Welcome to the forum.

In some ways it doesn't matter what happened it's what you've taken from the experience that counts. In some respects it sounds like a Reiki healing that perhaps you started (by relaxing and allowing your muscles to stop cramping and in Reiki there is a school of thought that says Reiki may be assisted by helpers on the other side of the veil. http://www.reiki.org...hatisreiki.html

I'll do a quick dream interpretation for you. Dreams are a way we problem solve issues we either don't want to tackle or haven't faced while waking. The more violent the dream (nightmares) the more important the issue.

Dogs chasing you represents an unresolved conflict and could additionally indicate disloyalty.

Hope you enjoy it here,

Regards,

Mabon.

edited for spelling.

Edited by Mabon
  • Like 1

Oversword: :tsu: Thank yoooou!!!

Mabon: Hello Mabon! That was good to hear. On one side: I´m so curious to find out what kind of spirit or "thing" it was, what it wanted to tell me and all those other questions. On the other side: its so true what you say about experience and what really counts. This did me good, and I´m glad I experienced this.

I´m the crazy dreamer in my "gang". I´ve always had a imagination close to crazy, and my dreams are sort of bizarre every time. But not violent and scary, like I described. Its actually true about the unresolved conflict.... I love this forum already, I´ll definitely look up some dream-topics!

Thank you for your interpretation.

• Like 1

birrrr, please be aware that when you're posting about subjects such as this not everyone is going to be kind. This forum, like the rest of the internet has many skeptics and some of them are rude. When they show up and comment, just let it slid off your back.

• Like 3

Internett appeared in Norway a couple years ago....... Trolls exists i Norway too!! But thank you for letting me know, appreciate that:) I know I´m open, but I like it.

It sounds like the Holy Spirit has entered your body after an out of body experience? It seems similar to others I've read. Let me look for the links, but that is awesome! I wish it happened to me too.

This website is dedicated to research in accounts of Near Death Experiences, or out of body experiences. Here's an interesting story that reminds me a little of yours.

http://www.near-death.com/forum/nde/000/31.html

Edited by Donnie Darko

Hey everyone!

I´m a Norwegian girl, 23 years old and living in Oslo, study nursing. I´m so glad i found this forum, because I´ve been googeling my fingers off the last hour to find out what happened to me last night. It´s my first post. I´m a curious, optimistic, postive and creative person, but I know that I saw something strange, I´m not joking about this. I believe there´s more between earth and universe, but I don´t know what or who.. I´ve never tried any spiritually before. Enough about me.

Yesterday I went to bed around 22:00 p.m (21th May) and I had some afflictions in my thies. They were going nuts, but they were not painful and I was so relaxed so I just let them play and work out, didn´t move my muscles. I was laying on my back and felt them, and they were actually feeling good.. Then those afflictions moved to my arms, both of them.. I don´t know if these muscle afflictions had something to do with what I saw, but then, out of nothing, the brightest light occurred down at my left side of the bed.

Hello, birrrrr. Welcome to UM.

The "affliction in your thighs and arms" sounds like a mild-to-moderate case of 'pins and needles'. It happens reasonably frequently when relaxing, such as when we are going to sleep. Unless it happens frequently and regularly, it's nothing to worry about.

In half a second, I felt like my body took a pause. My brain stopped thinking, my heart stopped pumping and lungs and every other process in the body just stopped.. And that mini second felt like it lasted at least 5 sec, so much happened. I felt like I was flying outside my body watching down on it. I don´t know if this is the right word for it, but hover? I was diagonally just hovering on the same spot, maybe 30 cm over the floor.. And then then this beautiful light, maybe it was some sparkles, i don´t know, went into me! My body was lying in bed, but I saw myself get all of that light. My body brightened up, and then the light disappeared again. It was like my body absorbed the light...

This light, and your sensation of "floating out of your body" is symptomatic of hypnagogic hallucinations we all experience in the semi-asleep state. Your brain is still 'awake', but your body is asleep. This results in the brain thinking it somehow is 'discorporated' - because it can't 'feel' the body. The light may have been a real light - such as car headlights through curtains, etc - that your brain can't quite process and recognise because your sensory apparatus, eyes, ears, etc, are all becoming disconnected as you fall asleep. Alternatively, it might have been pure hallucination.

All this happened so fast! And when it was over the afflictions quitted too.. I got so tired and so sleepy and a little bit shocked in a good way. It took a while before I felt to sleep, and during night I had the worst nightmare ever. Dark shadows, looking like big dogs, chasing me. I woke up, screaming, sweaty with increased pulse. And today, I´ve been feeling so good. So effective, so strong and concentration have been excellent (Soon exam). I´ve been feeling someone is watching me. But I don't know who, what or anything.

So I´m asking you guys now, what was this light? I´ve been feeling so good today. I´ve been thinking a lot about it, did this light wanted to say something to me? Watch over me? Do you think this light was a sign on something?

Couple of weeks ago I broke up with my boyfriend, and today i´ve had the feeling that something have happened to him.. He haven´t replied yet..

Thank you so much for reading this! Please help me to find out what this was :)

Big hugs

B.

The nightmare is likely to do with the various anxieties you mention - exams and not hearing from your ex-boyfriend. Again, nothing to be concerned about as your later comment about "feeling great the next day" shows. You processed the anxieties and pushed them into the background.

As you may have guessed from my reply, I'm a skeptic when it comes to the paranormal/supernatural. I won't rule it out, but I will always look for/suggest a more mundane explanation first. Good luck in your exams.

• Like 2

Having a break-up is an upsetting experience for many, and it's also the same said about people who've been heart broken, let down, cheated on and lost so much confidence. It sounds like the light was a nature spirit or a vision of actual healing coming from a spiritual level. It was given to help you. Some people believe in the power of healing prayers or positive thinking. Perhaps what you saw was warm energy. How did it get there? Perhaps your spirit guide, loved ones or even other beings sent it to you. Your life is on a path now, you're studying too. You need the strength and energy to keep at it and move on.

Leo, those are all very good scientific explanations. :tu:

You are very welcome about the dream interpretation! I like doing them from time to time. I just didn't want you to be conflicted about the two experiences, one being so positive and the other seeming not so positive. But for me, dreams are important and positive even the really scary nightmares because everyone does have the answers for themselves about what they can do to empower themselves (solve problems) but we so rarely trust our 'instincts' or listen to ourselves.

Dreams get confusing because of all the symbolism and it's often difficult for an individual to analyze/interpret their own dreams because of one part of the mind (the part that doesn't want to deal with the issue in the first place) will cloud the issue. So sometimes an outside observer can be helpful.

A family member of mine works with the elderly at a nursing home. I have often told them that they are important when the day has been a difficult one where a patient has passed, that seeing people out cheerfully and comfortably is as important as helping them come into the world. For me people at these two extreme stages of life need the most support and the people who care and make that transition easier are very special.

Regards,

Mabon..

To all of you: Hi and thank you so much for the replies!!!

Donnie Darko: I love to hear about this. Hehe. I truly felt it was a 100% positive and good spirit (the light) that was absorbed by my body.

Leonardo: I like your description of my experience. Its important to see same case with different eyes, everything gets more interesting with different views. You're realistic, and you describe every process I experienced so fine. But I disagree with you. I want to believe that this experience was something unusual and special.

Rose-Red-Howler: To be personal, I´m having a great time now. I´m not upset and this was the right thing to do for me. But I liked your idea about the warm energy, giving help to me. To give you some more information: In may 2013, I quitted medications for my depression. I struggled for 7+ months, and I´m thinking that this warm, helpful energy wanted to tell me that I´m on the right path... I´ve done right choices lately and I feel I´ll do fine in the future. Maybe this experience with the light was sort of a symbol or a sign that I´ve been "mentally healthy" the past year. I don´t know, but its so interesting!!!!!