Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Something on this photo, but not sure what it is..

lola29

I came across this photo today whilst checking the memory card on the camera before deleting it. My fiancee took this a while back now. What is the white bits on the photo...could it be something 'paranormal' or could someone of possible been smoking nearby? Also theres a green light/dot above the far chair and to the left,,,what could that be?

Thanks.

Lisa..x

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v494/lol...vember04007.jpg

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• lola29

• The Raven

• IdahoGhostHunter

• Asterix

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I don't know...It doesn't seem like smoke to me. It looks too linear to be smoke. And especially the one on the right, it's like a vertical column..Smoke doesn't go like that.

Strange photo, indeed.

It looks like it might be smoke from a cigarette or incense, of course I can't be for sure because I was not there. The object in the foreground kinda looks like a great big bong tho! whistling2.giflaugh.gif

It was defo not insence as we dont burn it ever! It could be smoke, i agree, but i was not there when it was taken and my fiancee cannot remember who was with him that night, so we cannot be sure...thats why i have posted to see what you all think...anyone have any ideas on the green dot of light though above left of the far chair?

Lisa.x

Edited by lola29

It looks like it might be smoke from a cigarette or incense, of course I can't be for sure because I was not there.  The object in the foreground kinda looks like a great big bong tho! whistling2.gif  laugh.gif

347287[/snapback]

Smoke does not do this, it would gather in cloud.

There is nothing in this pic that looks like a bong.

What is it that looks like a bong (do you mean bong as in smoking 'stuff')....if you are looking at the orange thing, its a bubble blowing gun from the £1 shop!!!!!!

Gee- uhh, let me guess - ECTOPLASM?

Ectoplasm is the stuff oozing from ghosts/spirits which makes it possible for them to materialize and perform feats of telekinesis. For some strange reason, ectoplasm is often not visible to the naked eye but appears in photographs.

We have only had one photo show Ectoplasm, out of 100s taken at haunted sites.

Question- Were you there in person when the shot was taken?

Was there any one smoking?

Was it a very cold room ( seeing one's breath may cause photos to show what looks like Ectoplasm)

My site at

http://www.selmateacher.150m.com/ad/

shows at least two ectoplasm shots. One from my camera, and another from a different team.

The ectoplasm took the shape of a person.

Here is one of the pictures.

post-11536-1099893792.jpg

I don't know...It doesn't seem like smoke to me. It looks too linear to be smoke.  And especially the one on the right, it's like a vertical column..Smoke doesn't go like that.

Strange photo, indeed.

347277[/snapback]

Smoke does rise in vertical columns, and if you're outside it can go higher than if you were inside because there is no ceiling, if the wind was like non-existent, but very calm, smoke can rise about 3-5 feet before forming a cloud. And cigars produce thicker smoke, like black n milds or swisher sweets, the smoke is thicker than cigarettes would be.

I have to ask, what in the heck was your fiancee taking a picture OF? lol...did he like the wind chime and chairs?

Edited by firefemme1202

Hi. First of all i wasnt there when it was taken, no. But when i came across the photo, i did wonder, that is the reason i posted on here...hoping you lot would rule out anything odd!!! Secondly, it was taken in the garden this summer, August time i think, so it was not cold!! As for anyone smoking, i have no idea!

I guess he was taking a photo of the fence, lol, he took 4 in all...we are good friends with our neighbours, so my fiancee and man next door lowered a section of fence and added a silly roof....think he was taking photos of that!!!!! (daft, i know!)

Lisa.x

Edited by lola29

in my opinion, I would have to say this is not smoke...it just seems to "thick" to me...as for the green light, I think it's just a reflection off something.....it does seemed to be a little "staged" though, unless he was really taking a pic of the roof...

I find it interesting, it was made in an attic was it not? Is that a door on the far left side? There is something in the way the blue strange shaped light goes in front of the white plastic chair, and behins it. Is there a window on the far right side of the room?

The Pewee, it was not in an attic, no, it was in our back garden. The door you see on the left is the shed!

ironjennyrackham, if you think it is not smoke, what could it be in your opinion. I have no idea what it is...i deep down am hoping that 'someone' on here can confirm it is smoke to be honest!! Don't like the idea of having something unexplainable in the house with me, as i am alone on a night with my fiancee working nightshift!!! Thats why i posted it...i came across it, along with 3 more he took of the 'fence' from different angles and all the other pics are ok. It is not staged...why would it be, as i am hoping it is smoke...lol!!! I can post the other 3 pics if you want, just to show you that it was a photo of the fence, like the others are!

Edited by lola29

Heres the other 3 he took...as you can see by the photo numbers, the original photo i posted was the second one he took......as far as i can see, all these seem ok....i hope!!!!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v494/lol...vember04006.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v494/lol...vember04008.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v494/lol...vember04009.jpg

Edited by lola29

Doesn't really look like smoke to me (or breath, for that matter). Especially towards the left there, with all the unusual trails in the air. I don't know if it's really any kind of spirit activity or not, but smoke just doesn't seem like the right explanation here.

I came across this photo today whilst checking the memory card on the camera before deleting it. My fiancee took this a while back now. What is the white bits on the photo...could it be something 'paranormal' or could someone of possible been smoking nearby? Also theres a green light/dot above the far chair and to the left,,,what could that be?

Thanks.

Lisa..x

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v494/lol...vember04007.jpg

347246[/snapback]

Looks like a ghost to me.

Where was the photo taken in a attic?Maybe your attic or house is haunted, ever hear something strange rustling around, or see shadows when no one else is around?Write me back.

It's smoke. I have dozens of party pictures just like it. The flash on the camera get caught in the thicker parts of the smoke cloud making them look like lines. Looking at the flags in the other photos you can tell there is very little or no wind to clear smoke from the area. It could be from a cigarette, or possible the grill that the utensiles in the picture are used for. I think it's also the only picture of the three that uses a flash.

Smoke. Period. No doubt about it. Seen it a bunch of times. Don't believe me? Go smoke a cigarette and snap some flash pics through the smoke. You are not exhaling ghosts, trust me.

stanky2@hotmail.com

I have a friend; him and his wife are ghosthunters. I have emailed the topic and photo to him. Hopefully, he will join the forum. Anyway, he has more experience with this type of thing appearing on film.

My opinion from looking at the other photos taken and it being outside-It is hard to determine. For example: What time of the year was the photo taken; at what time; what was the base temperature/ambient temp prior/to/after photo taken?

I brightend the picture up so you can see the anomaly better, I'm placing my bet on smoke, but as I outlined in the picture, it looks like there are two sources, which would explain the second blob. The only thing I am stumped on are the round orb-shaped objects, also outlined. I hope this helps.

EDIT: I just noticed a flower shaped ash-tray looking object, care to explain what that is?

post-5784-1100031267.jpg

Edited by The Raven

ironjennyrackham, if you think it is not smoke, what could it be in your opinion.

Ectoplasm, aka a ghost

Smoke. Period. No doubt about it. Seen it a bunch of times. Don't believe me? Go smoke a cigarette and snap some flash pics through the smoke. You are not exhaling ghosts, trust me.

I'm willing to bet if you do take some pictures of known smoke, it will be similar of course, but will still not look exactly like the picture.

And why is there only "smoke" in one of the pics....

The Raven, thanks so much for lightning the photo and circling things....you sya you are stumped on the orb shaped objects, which i never noticed until you pointed this out. I have just looked at the other 3 'normal' photos again and in the first one, which was taken before the 'smoke' photo, theres another 'orb' shaped thing in the same place....what do you think. I have re-attached this photo for you to look at....

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v494/lol...vember04006.jpg

Also...i took a photo of my friends cigarette with the same camera last night....heres the results. As you know, i guess i am 'hoping' someone can guarantee it is smoke, but who knows!!!

The orininal photo was taken poss August/September, whereas this one below was November...could make a difference i guess. What do you think?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v494

Edited by lola29

Photobucket seems not to be working at the moment. No problem with making it brighter, I love using Photoshop! As far as the orb matter is concerned, I have no real idea what it could be, but educated guesses are a small, shiny and round steel or some sort of alloy object reflecting the light, I really have no idea; we need some of the highly experienced ones to check out the photos.

EDIT: Just noticed something. Your second Photobucket link isn't complete, thus it's not going to work. Try and repasting it.

Edited by The Raven

Gee- uhh, let me guess - ECTOPLASM?

Ectoplasm is the stuff oozing from ghosts/spirits which makes it possible for them to materialize and perform feats of telekinesis. For some strange reason, ectoplasm is often not visible to the naked eye but appears in photographs.

We have only had one photo show Ectoplasm, out of 100s taken at haunted sites. 

Question-  Were you there in person when the shot was taken?

Was there any one smoking?

Was it a very cold room ( seeing one's breath may cause photos to show what looks like Ectoplasm)

My site at

http://www.selmateacher.150m.com/ad/

shows at least two ectoplasm shots.  One from my camera, and another from a different team. 

The ectoplasm took the shape of a person.

Here is one of the pictures.

347884[/snapback]

Wow is that real?! Creepy! About the picture in the opening post, I'm not sure what that could be, I don't think cigarette smoke looks like that. Very interesting. original.gif