Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 2
Still Waters

US man finds lost mother in Amazon tribe

7 posts in this topic

When David Good was a kid, and his friends asked where his mother was, he'd always say the same thing: She died in a car crash.

"I didn't want my friends to know that my mom's a naked jungle woman eating tarantulas," he says today. "I didn't want to be known as a half-breed. And it was my revenge; I was angry that she left me. So I just wanted to stick with the story that she was dead."

http://nypost.com/20...tone-age-tribe/

Half-breed? O_o'

Posted (edited)

Wait a minute. I've seen that photo before with the family. Wasn't there a completely different story with this [city] woman about how she "knew" the jungle and the monkeys nearby and couldn't figure out how. Her husband wondered how she could maneuver through the bush (or just when they hiked) like an expert. It was some mystery.

No one would believe her that she felt so "at home" in the jungle and could "communicate" with monkeys. She claimed she had been abducted from the jungle as a child. Or abducted from the city and raised in the jungle.

I can't remember the exact story but I remember that family photo in this article being the photo used in the other story. I'm pretty sure I read it on UM too.

Now, I could be dead wrong, I'm no stranger to a bad memory.

Edited by QuiteContrary

Am thinking David and his father Kenneth are a pair of scumbags.

2 people like this

Kenneth is the biggest dick ever. Just total human garbage. God, I got angrier and angrier reading that. I'm glad there child could reconnect with his mother though.

1 person likes this

Awsome story!

Saw this on television years ago. anthropologist marries Yanomomi woman, brings her back to civilization. She can't cope with modern world, longs to return to her tribe, yadayadayada. Moral of the story is: Anthropologists need to keep their pants in the bush. He's an anthropologist, for chrissakes! He should have known it wouldn't work.