Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

I cant give him a parking ticket he's my boss

seeder

Talk about double standards...

‘I can’t give him a parking ticket because he’s my BOSS’: Traffic warden caught on camera refusing to fine a car on double yellow lines ‘because it belongs to his manager’

Man in Swansea, South Wales, spotted a car which had not been ticketed

Confronts nearby warden who appears to refuse to give a ticket

The warden - who is not named - claims that he is acting on his 'discretion'

Steve McMillan, who filmed the video, insists that he has no right to do that

Another warden then interjects and identifies the car as his boss's

The boss in question then emerges and attempts to defend himself

He eventually admits he was wrong to park there - but still gets no ticket

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2638243/I-parking-ticket-hes-BOSS-Traffic-warden-caught-camera-refusing-fine-car-double-yellow-lines-belongs-manager.html

Grrr

• Like 1

Oh seeder, you do know how to make a gals blood boil!

Swansea City Council was not available to comment.

Not available? are they all out moving their cars?

Edited by freetoroam
  • Like 5

I don't blame the warden tbh....they get enough abuse and threats in the job as it is, why make life hard yourself at work too....awkward situation for him, I don't blame him for not doing anything though.

• Like 4

world ain't black and white.

here we have traffic police park on hydrants\bus stops, no standing zones, they leave their cars there and go give tickets for the same violations.

otoh, handicapped drivers that have special tag in the car, can park where ordinary folks can't,

Edited by aztek

This is where, is there harassment or bullying is taking place? Surely the Boss will be sacked

This is where, is there harassment or bullying is taking place? Surely the Boss will be sacked

Yes seems clear the boss parked there knowing full well he wouldn't be penalized. The enforcement wardens obviously knew the repercussions of ticketing it would be far greater than what was going on with the member of public.

Typical council double standards.

• Like 1

I think i'd do the same thing, controversial i know, But i wouldn't ticket the boss, in the same way i wouldn't also ticket a mate or family member. - its just the way of life.

• Like 2

Here in Vietnam government officials have special license plates, which as you would think causes cynicism about law enforcement. The thing is I've never seen a government driver break the law; they are professional drivers, and even government employees are given special training if they are to drive. Still, I think getting rid of the special plates would probably be good politics.

Talk about double standards...

‘I can’t give him a parking ticket because he’s my BOSS’: Traffic warden caught on camera refusing to fine a car on double yellow lines ‘because it belongs to his manager’

Man in Swansea, South Wales, spotted a car which had not been ticketed

Confronts nearby warden who appears to refuse to give a ticket

The warden - who is not named - claims that he is acting on his 'discretion'

Steve McMillan, who filmed the video, insists that he has no right to do that

Another warden then interjects and identifies the car as his boss's

The boss in question then emerges and attempts to defend himself

He eventually admits he was wrong to park there - but still gets no ticket

http://www.dailymail...gs-manager.html

Grrr

If it was me then my decision to give my boss a ticket would depend on how much I liked him.

If I didn't like him I'd then wait to see if he gets funny with me for issuing a ticket. Then I'd take great pleasure in going and complaining about him to a senior manager. Hopefully causing a black mark against his name. Hahahaa.

• Like 1

I don't think that course would be very wise. Going to his bosses hoping to give him a black mark will tarnish you much more.

• Like 2

I don't think that course would be very wise. Going to his bosses hoping to give him a black mark will tarnish you much more.

If he breaks the rules he gets a ticket. The other managers wont expect you to put up with attitude from him in return. Thats bullying. It just so happens as an added bonus that its a manager who you don't like getting a black mark against his name. lmao!

You don't understand politics do you. You may be right but more likely it will strike his bosses as you just trying to be self-important. Besides, they are likely to be his friends and won't appreciate your undermining the hierarchy.

I don't for a moment suggest serious violations, but one is best overlooking the petty things.

• Like 2

You don't understand politics do you. You may be right but more likely it will strike his bosses as you just trying to be self-important. Besides, they are likely to be his friends and won't appreciate your undermining the hierarchy.

I don't for a moment suggest serious violations, but one is best overlooking the petty things.

Politics has three sides to it.

First Side: You have to build strong relationships with those who decide who to promote. You have to build a good reputation with them, follow them and gain their respect.

Second Side: You have to counter negative politics against yourself so you dont get your reputation damaged. That means no bad mouthing others, no spreading negativity, rumours or gossip. It also means obeying the rules. Those with promotion ambitions will use all those things to pick you off so you dont get promoted. You also have to openly confront others if they try to tell lies about you, while management are around to see. Then they develop the poor reputation not you.

Third Side: Pick off your competition for their own bad mouthing others, spreading negativity, rumours or gossip. Pick them off for breaking rules. Doing these things damages their reputation.

Thats how I was taught to play politics on my business studies degree.

Edited by RabidMongoose

You have a business studies degree and they taught you how to play politics there.

You have a business studies degree and they taught you how to play politics there.

Business studies degrees include those parts of behavioural psychology and sociology which apply to the work place. If you study one they do indeed teach you how work place politics works and how to gain dominance over others.

I think i'd do the same thing, controversial i know, But i wouldn't ticket the boss, in the same way i wouldn't also ticket a mate or family member. - its just the way of life.

Eh, I'd claim my autocite machine wasn't working properly and borrow the other inspector's machine and print the ticket out on that. :-) (This is assuming they have that level of technology...)

• Like 2

Eh, I'd claim my autocite machine wasn't working properly and borrow the other inspector's machine and print the ticket out on that. :-) (This is assuming they have that level of technology...)

your naughty Peter. you've changed.

Edited by stevewinn

IMO Traffic Wardens are the lowest form of all life on this planet (is that being racist ?)

• Like 2

IMO Traffic Wardens are the lowest form of all life on this planet (is that being racist ?)

Ambulance%20parking%20ticket.jpg

parked for longer periods without an obvious reason."

http://www.standard.co.uk/news/ambulance-drivers-to-picket-camden-over-parking-fines-6503807.html

They do not see picking up elderly and infirm patients as a reason.

And yet they will not give their boss a ticket but are quite happen to throw common sense out of the window when it comes to our elderly and those helping them?

• Like 3

I can think of a few worse, some with a lot more education.
  • Like 1

IMO it's the person, not the job.

There used to be "Three for Free" parking in Canberra City, as a way of encouraging people to rideshare at a time when there weren't many car parking spots available.

One guy at my work wasn't having any of this ridesharing business. Instead, he'd drive to work alone, ask (or if necessary bully) a couple of work colleagues to sit in his car while he drove to the nearby Three for Free car park, and celebrate his cleverness when he got back to work.

Then someone from work complained to the authorities about what he was doing, and he was fined. He was outraged at the loss of his perk, and made sure everyone knew he wanted to know who'd dobbed on him (it wasn't me, though I quietly cheered).

= = = =

On the other hand, sometimes our territory government comes up with some silly ideas too. At the local hospital there were two car parks on one side of the hospital, one a small multi-storey place and the other a gravel car park.

The government's first bright idea was to introduce pre-pay parking - that is, you buy a parking ticket when you arrive. Of course, a lot of people attending a hospital end up staying longer than they'd attended (thanks to doctors being behind schedule), and lots of people were fined for overstaying their tickets. So the pre-paid tickets were dropped and parking became free, meaning the car parks soon clogged up. The idea of paying as you leave based on how long you'd been there (like in shopping centre car parks) apparently never occurred to them.

Then the government decided it had to build a larger multi-storey car park, on the site of the existing one. Great idea, only they also decided to construct a new building on the site of the gravel car park at the same time. As the new multi-storey car park would take a year or so to build, the government built another new car park. Only this one was across a busy main road from the hospital, with the furthest spots about 600 metres from the hospital entrance. As this was a long way for sick or injured or elderly people to walk (and potentially dangerous at night) the hospital provided a minibus shuttle service - a minibus with three steep steps almost impossible to climb for frail people or people on crutches and utterly impossible for someone with a pram.

= = = =

Then there are the stories that show that there are clever people in some governments...

Back in the 1980s the Australian government introduced Fringe Benefits Tax, so that perks paid in place of salary got taxed too. Sensible idea, and there were reasonable exceptions to the rules to help certain employers, like charities.

Anyway, free car parking counted as a Fringe Benefit, and was thus liable to count as income...but only if there was no paid parking within a kilometre. Again, fair enough: a free car park hardly counts as a fringe benefit when all the car parking in the vicinity is free as well.

So what did the politicians do? Made sure there was no paid parking within a kilometre of Parliament House. That way their free car parking spots at Parliament House wouldn't attract Fringe Benefits Tax. Of course, as there are a lot of government departments within a kilometre of Parliament House that meant a lot of public servants got free parking too. The problem was that they parked in the spots intended to allow tourists to visit attractions close to Parliament House - the National Gallery, the High Court, the National Archives, the National Library, the Science and Technology Museum, Old Parliament House...

• Like 1

I can think of a few worse, some with a lot more education.

lol

When I was taught about office politics my reaction was that's not fair, you can't treat others like that, its immoral. Then when you realise how widespread political scheming is you realise: If you aren't prepared to play the political game you'll spend your life being ruled by your inferiors.

Its guarenteed that the more useless an employee is the more they'll play politics to make sure they get the promotion instead of you!