Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

charged stabbing motivated from creepypasta

Brian Topp

WAUKESHA --The two 12-year-old girls accused of holding down and stabbing their 12-year-old friend may have been motivated by a fictitious character named "Slenderman", a criminal complaint revealed Monday.

Morgan Geyser and Anissa Weier were both charged as adults with attempted first-degree intentional homicide, as a party to a crime. If convicted, they could each serve 65 years in prison.

The victim is at the hospital where she is said to be in stable condition.

To read more or to watch the new clip http://www.620wtmj.com/news/local/Waukesha-police-investigate-after-12-year-old-stabbed-261384231.html

• Like 2

Aaaaand... Cue knee-jerk reaction by main stream news sources who clearly have no clue what they're talking about!

• Like 2

This is outrageous!!!

Slenderman doesn't stab children. He kidnaps them.

• Like 1

Wow...but really not surprised 12yos would think Slenderman is real. I'm just glad the victim seems to be okay.

Wow...but really not surprised 12yos would think Slenderman is real. I'm just glad the victim seems to be okay.

Well, she is alive and in a stable condition being treated for 19 stab wounds, many striking vital organs and one only millimeters from her heart. On top of that her two BFs who she was having a sleepover with put her where she is now - so define okay? I doubt this girl will have it easy making friends or trusting anyone for some time to come, if ever (although I hope she can be helped to see hope in humanity once more), not to mention the continuous rehabilitation, follow up surgeries and possible issues in her life from the affected organs in the stabbing.

I just can't believe this has happened, it is so heartbreaking for all concerned. Imagine how the 2 teenage attempted murderers parents are feeling right now? Not to mention how the victims family and the entire community surrounding them are feeling.

• Like 1

Oh my, this is awful. I've read a couple articles on this now, and it's just... awful.

I did notice a detail that some media is getting wrong, stating Waukesha is a suburb of Milwaukee. It's not, it's the county seat of Waukesha county, and a city in it's own right, not a suburb.

Another detail I noticed in some reports was that they were planning to run to Slendermans Mansion after- and I really have to wonder where in the heck that was supposed to be.

Here's another article from MJS on this story: http://www.jsonline.com/news/crime/waukesha-police-2-12-year-old-girls-plotted-for-months-to-kill-friend-b99282655z1-261534171.html

A mansion. Okay.

It has nothing to do with their ages.

I read an article and I'm curious--have they displayed disappointment?

Speechless. Sad.

Well, she is alive and in a stable condition being treated for 19 stab wounds, many striking vital organs and one only millimeters from her heart. On top of that her two BFs who she was having a sleepover with put her where she is now - so define okay? I doubt this girl will have it easy making friends or trusting anyone for some time to come, if ever (although I hope she can be helped to see hope in humanity once more), not to mention the continuous rehabilitation, follow up surgeries and possible issues in her life from the affected organs in the stabbing.

I just can't believe this has happened, it is so heartbreaking for all concerned. Imagine how the 2 teenage attempted murderers parents are feeling right now? Not to mention how the victims family and the entire community surrounding them are feeling.

I meant "okay" as in alive. She will recover physically at least. I am just optimistic that she will make a full recovery mind, body, and soul. I really truly am wishing the best for her.

• Like 1

It's not normal for a 12 year old girl to be so far out of touch with reality for such a long period of time. The girls and their families need serious counseling to figure out what went wrong.

Mental illness and the glamourization of violence don't go well together.

• Like 2

Just heard the victim was able to sit up on her own! She is one tough cookie! She dragged herself to the road to find help. Seems like a very strong girl.

Apparently one of the assailants had a crush on slenderman and felt no remorse in killing...:/ Sociopath?

• Like 3

This is $%&*ed up!! Over a fictional character!! These girls need help and fast. I see them living out their sentences in an mental hospital.

• Like 1

While I think there can be no doubt that bad or at least neglectful (which is still bad) parenting is at work here, it takes a special kind of psychopath to fill these little kid-sized shoes, so to me it is a split matter: truly perceptive, involved parents would have either been able to steer their kids away from this kind of insane behavior, or at least noticed it and had their children examined for these types of impulses and irrationality.

I absolutely refute the idea of the girls simply being "tempted" or not knowing any better, and following the Slenderman nonsense just because they were naive, culminating in premeditated murder. You might steal a purse or smoke a cigarette or something, due to horrible judgment, but these actions simply aren't directly connectable to any influence other than their own bad brain chemistry.

I didn't even know how to make my own lunch when I was twelve, let alone plan a murder with an accomplice. There's far too much cause and effect consideration in this plan to even attempt to paint this as "relatively believable" for any typical child to do. Not a chance.

• Like 1

As a child, over 40 years ago, I was warned to steer clear of the dreaded Ouija board because apertures to evil could be opened while using it (allegedly). The board even played a minor role in the novel and film "The Exorcist," in which it was implied that the young victim Regan invited a demon into her life through using the Ouija board. As spasmodic and knee-jerk some reactions to this 'Slenderman assault' may be, there is some opinion that unformed (child and adolescent) minds and personalities can be adversely affected by "dabbling in the occult," as we called it back in my time. Tarot cards were among the 'usual suspects' in that day, along with astrology. Even the histrionics of the teen and pre-teen girls in 17th Salem, Massachusetts (whether or not they were affected by ergot or other disease) were blamed on supernatural entities, "Salem myths," as it were, of that time.

By any measure this is a crime and a tragic set of physical and psychological wounds for the recovering victim. The pair of youthful assailants were hung up on a non-existent creepypasta and youtube sensation, much more popular today that astrology, Tarot and the Ouija were for my generation. This begs the question: How many more youth in our culture are incapable of differentiating between fantasy and reality, between playing and assault? This 'Slenderman' is a vacuous and unconvincing bit of urban (perhaps rural, too) silliness. What's really going on with us (USA/North American) that such things happen?

The line between reality and fantasy is not that 'slender.'

Edited by DeWitz

Doesn't Slandeman kidnap children? But thing is she would've used other excuses too stab her friend. She focused on this one story on a website.

Their modivation was based on so many made up stories about slender it's ridicules. there are ones where he only hunts killers, where he appears from sacrifice, stumble on abandoned areas in forests, where he captures and protects his victums, where he kills and buries them....

• Like 2

In other news....

"An 11-year-old boy has been arrested after parents complained children had been jabbed with a diabetes finger-prick pen at school. Police said they had identified at least 20 children they believed had been jabbed at Moreton Community School in Wolverhampton."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-birmingham-27692645

:no:

• Like 2

I remember back in the 90s a boy went into the ny sewers to look for the ninja turtles

• Like 3

I remember back in the 90s a boy went into the ny sewers to look for the ninja turtles

Well kids do stupid stuff like that all the time, but stabbing people is something of another monster.

Edited by Ryinrea

this interconnected world has both positive and negative results. I can't imagine me as a child ever killing a playmate. This is more complicated than slenderman. One or both of these girls were troubled.

• Like 1

I wonder how long it will be before knee-jerk parents sue websites like CreepyPasta and basically ruining it for everyone because they themselves neglected to watch their children and teach them right from wrong and how to discern real form the unreal?

• Like 3