Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Cyber Attack 'To Hit In Next Two Weeks'

Still Waters

Computer users are being urged to protect their machines from malware which allows hackers to steal financial data.

British investigators have been working with the FBI to trace the hackers behind ongoing attacks, and the botnet system used by the targets has been temporarily disrupted.

https://uk.news.yaho...tml?vp=1#HU3fCM

Ebay got hit a couple of weeks ago, but, Europe were told a week before England, how does that work? If Ebay were hacked then why would it take week for them to inform England and were we safe during that time? Not sure what to believe, is there really a threat, why 2 weeks? Its either here now or not. Maybe people are not buying the antivirus software as much now.

personally I think its the responsibility of the servers, I use firefox and think they should have an anti virus thing inbuilt and do not see why I should pay for one.

Remember the days when plugs came separately, not anymore.

• Like 1

Ebay got hit a couple of weeks ago, but, Europe were told a week before England, how does that work? If Ebay were hacked then why would it take week for them to inform England and were we safe during that time? Not sure what to believe, is there really a threat, why 2 weeks? Its either here now or not. Maybe people are not buying the antivirus software as much now.

personally I think its the responsibility of the servers, I use firefox and think they should have an anti virus thing inbuilt and do not see why I should pay for one.

Remember the days when plugs came separately, not anymore.

Windows 8 comes with Windows Defender installed and Microsoft Security Essentials (basically Windows Defender) is available for free for all Windows 7, Vista and XP installations.

• Like 1

Windows 8 comes with Windows Defender installed and Microsoft Security Essentials (basically Windows Defender) is available for free for all Windows 7, Vista and XP installations.

Also a modem/router firewall there too.

• Like 1