Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

A Song of Ice and Fire, GoT spoilers here

Noteverythingisaconspiracy

Contains spoilers:

This is where we discuss anything to do with a Song of Ice and Fire, including spoilers from the Game of Thrones TV series.

If you don't wan't spoilers we have this thread for the show only:

http://www.unexplain...pic=244672&st=0

I think i will kick it of with this question:

What do you think happens to Jon Snow ?

Edited by Paranoid Android

I'm confused. How is this different from the existing thread which also contains spoilers to some extent?

I'm confused. How is this different from the existing thread which also contains spoilers to some extent?

Here you can discuss whatever you like :tu:

You said you had something you wanted to discuss, so this is why i made this thread.

Edited by Noteverythingisaconspiracy

I'm sure I could discuss it there just as easily as not discussing it at all.

I hope they get Tyrion on his way east before the end of the season but I am getting worried that they may not have him off dear old Dad on the potty and the former lover Shae.

• Like 1

I hope they get Tyrion on his way east before the end of the season but I am getting worried that they may not have him off dear old Dad on the potty and the former lover Shae.

They can't leave that out.

People have a right to know whether Tywin really ****s gold !

To bad we are losing Charles Dance, he was born to be Tywin :nw:

I think Tyrion killing daddy would make for a suitably surprising season closer. Another possibility for a closer could be Lady Stoneheart.

• Like 1

im up to date on the books are you saying i can talk about any thing and this thread is for every one who has finished the books

im up to date on the books are you saying i can talk about any thing and this thread is for every one who has finished the books

That is exactly what i am saying.

• Like 1

I've just edited the thread Title. Not to disrespect viewers or readers, but those who only know the tv-show and have no online presence don't know what "A Song of Ice and Fire" is and could easily click this link without understanding what exactly they are getting in to. Mobile users don't see the tagline, so they don't necessarily know straight off that it's GoT happening here. So just in case there is an issue I've edited the main text to clarify any point.

• Like 1

They can't leave that out.

People have a right to know whether Tywin really ****s gold !

To bad we are losing Charles Dance, he was born to be Tywin :nw:

I think Tyrion killing daddy would make for a suitably surprising season closer. Another possibility for a closer could be Lady Stoneheart.

Lady Stoneheart (Michelle Fairley) is playing a psychopath, terrorist (Margot Al-Hazari) on the new 24 series and everytime I see her on that show I keep hoping she makes an appearance on GoT this season and I think she will make the finale as Brienne is walking through her likely stalking grounds now. Tywin dead, Brienne with her neck in a noose and Tyrion and Arya sailing east, maybe on the same ship, is how they should end this season. :yes:

That is exactly what i am saying.

cool, just because i have no where to vent things from the book and might just be seeing what i want to see lol

one of my friends thinks that john snow is a black fire but he doesnt have a resistance to fire so that cant be true.

i cant wait to see the euron crowseye story line with the horn/trumpet

ive probably forgotten details as ive been forced to not talk about it by people who only watch the show

Edited by Ever Learning

cool, just because i have no where to vent things from the book and might just be seeing what i want to see lol

one of my friends thinks that john snow is a black fire but he doesnt have a resistance to fire so that cant be true.

i cant wait to see the euron crowseye story line with the horn/trumpet

ive probably forgotten details as ive been forced to not talk about it by people who only watch the show

I think that Jon Snow is going to die, but be ressurected by Mellisandre.

We allready know from Thoros (?) that it is possible for a red priest to reanimate the dead. She seems to be more powerful than him and she is convinced that Jon has an important role to play in the fight against the Others.

Knowing G.R.R.Martin he probably has something completely different planned.

I am also looking forward to Euron and Victarion and i am a little surprised that we haven't seen or heard of them yet (as far as i remember). Maybe they will be cut from the show ?

Euron is probably the biggest wildcart in Westeros, he definately has something up his sleeve !

I think Martin has made it pretty obvious that Rhaegar Targaryen is Jon Snow’s father with Lyanna Stark the mother. He has spelled it out so much that he has done everything but outright say it. And not all Targaryens have resistance to fire.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

What do you all think Littlefinger's end game is?

I know there are a lot of theories out there.

One theory is he wants to be king, others say hand of the king, still others say he wants to set himself up as Warden of the North.

I was just thinking the other day that what if the most ambitious character in game of thrones really isn’t, and Petyr Baelish is really doing what he is doing simply because he loves Cat and is getting back at those who he thinks hurt her and kept her from him. And since he can no longer have Cat he has transferred that love to her daughter Sansa.

Edited by Odin11

I think that Jon Snow is going to die, but be ressurected by Mellisandre.

We allready know from Thoros (?) that it is possible for a red priest to reanimate the dead. She seems to be more powerful than him and she is convinced that Jon has an important role to play in the fight against the Others.

Knowing G.R.R.Martin he probably has something completely different planned.

If he was killed that would be a whole lot of story wasted. I know Martin has killed people off in the past without thinking, but I don't think he would kill Jon for so little a reason of mutiny. It seems to me that Jon Snow is an important end game character. So I agree, I don't think he will die or if he does he will be brought back somehow. I think he may end up bing one of the 3 dragon riders.

Martin may be a genius or the most transparent writer I have ever read.

Edited by Odin11

If he was killed that would be a whole lot of story wasted. I know Martin has killed people off in the past without thinking, but I don't think he would kill Jon for so little a reason of mutiny. It seems to me that Jon Snow is an important end game character. So I agree, I don't think he will die or if he does he will be brought back somehow. I think he may end up bing one of the 3 dragon riders.

Martin may be a genius or the most transparent writer I have ever read.

We know she interacts with him and at the end of the last book, "A Dance with Dragons" the brothers stab Jon repeatedly, if i remember correctly, but no word on whether he lives or dies.

Last night was a great show and had amazing CGI but I was surprised it was all at the wall! There is so much more to cover with only an hour left this season. The highlights semed to allude to Tyrion making his escape and using the crossbow on Tywin but I doubt Stannis will make it to teh wall this year.

The battle was very well done and time just flew in this episod.

Next episode synopsis reads:

"Circumstances change after an unexpected arrival from north of the Wall; Dany must face harsh realities; Bran learns more about his destiny; Tyrion sees the truth about his situation."

I am quite sure we will se Stannis in the next episode. Stannis' attack happened while Jon was meeting Mance, so they have set it up with the ending of this episode.

The battle was very well done and time just flew in this episod.

Next episode synopsis reads:

"Circumstances change after an unexpected arrival from north of the Wall; Dany must face harsh realities; Bran learns more about his destiny; Tyrion sees the truth about his situation."

I am quite sure we will se Stannis in the next episode. Stannis' attack happened while Jon was meeting Mance, so they have set it up with the ending of this episode.

You are correct sir, I forgot Stannis attacks north of the wall while Jon is "visiting" so we will be seeing the attack. If Tyrion doesn't get a little justice there is going to be some depressed TV Show fans (my wife) so I wish they'd make the finale a 1.5-2 hour episode like other shows do.

A Song of Fire and Ice says to me the Book Series, whereas Game of Thrones says to me the TV Series.

I'm just finishing the 5th book.... About 60 pages left. Just finished the chapter with Cersei walking across the city in penance and meeting Ser Robert Strong.

I think Dany and Drogon are going to be coming back to Westeros soon, with every character out of the East at her side. I see a new war in Westeros as the Targaryens reassert their right to rule.

I'm determined not to forgive Jamie, or Theon. And I look forward to the Boltons and Freys getting what they have coming also.

Perhaps Arya will pay them a visit in Book 6?

I'm still pulling for the Starks to pull out of their low points and reclaim what is theirs.

Edited by DieChecker

A Song of Fire and Ice says to me the Book Series, whereas Game of Thrones says to me the TV Series.

I'm just finishing the 5th book.... About 60 pages left. Just finished the chapter with Cersei walking across the city in penance and meeting Ser Robert Strong.

I think Dany and Drogon are going to be coming back to Westeros soon, with every character out of the East at her side. I see a new war in Westeros as the Targaryens reassert their right to rule.

I'm determined not to forgive Jamie, or Theon. And I look forward to the Boltons and Freys getting what they have coming also.

Perhaps Arya will pay them a visit in Book 6?

I'm still pulling for the Starks to pull out of their low points and reclaim what is theirs.

Arya's story is one of the most interesting IMHO but remember she has to give up her past to become one of the assassins so book 6 may be to early, especially since GRRM is talking about 8 books now so he better be taking his vitamins.

Arya's story is one of the most interesting IMHO but remember she has to give up her past to become one of the assassins so book 6 may be to early, especially since GRRM is talking about 8 books now so he better be taking his vitamins.

Yeah he better not pull a Robert Jordan on us.

• Like 1

He's already taken far longer than Jordan did, with much less material. If he dies before the books end, the best that can be hoped is that he took care of fans the way Jordan did by leaving a road map for others to complete his work.
  • Like 2

Just finished book 3. Have had a love/hate relationship with the series ever since my friend Katie introduced me to it. Tried watching the show and didn't care too much for it. May try again, but I'm not sure.

Wow! Lots of things that I didn't see coming at the end.

I'm glad Jon is the new Lord Commander.

And I'm glad all my favourite peeps are still alive: Jon, Arya, Dany and Tyrion.

Edited by Child of Bast

And I'm glad all my favourite peeps are still alive: Jon, Arya, Dany and Tyrion.

There are still two more books for you, so a lot can happen :whistle:

That's what I was going to say.....!!

• Like 1