Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Holder revives domestic terror task force

preacherman76

Attorney General Eric Holder, citing an “escalating danger from self-radicalized individuals within our own borders,” said Tuesday that the Justice Department will revive a domestic terrorism task force.

The task force was established after the Oklahoma City bombing in 1995 to share information about domestic threats. It was set to meet the morning of Sept. 11, 2001, after which the country turned its focus to terror overseas.

“But now, as the nature of the threat we face evolves to including the possibility of individual radicalization via the Internet, it is critical that we return our focus to potential extremists here at home,” Holder said in a weekly video.

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/attorney-general-eric-holder-revives-domestic-terror-task-force-n121026

A guy who is responcible for a untold number of deaths from arming drug cartel's is putting together a task force to crush political oposition. We are now suppose to believe that the internet is radicalizing domestic terrorists to the point where we will undoubtably spend billions in a modern day witch hunt. Of course thats what this war on terror has always been about. Using fear to take our rights, and now using force to stop the people who expose their BS.

And for the folks on the left (whatever that means) that think getting those right wing extremists might be a good idea, remember sooner or later we will get a president on the other side of the coin, and it will be you who is the terrorist.

• Like 2

And how many of these so called threats were the FBI directly responcible for?

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/04/29/opinion/sunday/terrorist-plots-helped-along-by-the-fbi.html?pagewanted=all&_r=0

The United States has been narrowly saved from lethal terrorist plots in recent years — or so it has seemed. A would-be suicide bomber was intercepted on his way to the Capitol; a scheme to bomb synagogues and shoot Stinger missiles at military aircraft was developed by men in Newburgh, N.Y.; and a fanciful idea to fly explosive-laden model planes into the Pentagon and the Capitol was hatched in Massachusetts.

But all these dramas were facilitated by the F.B.I., whose undercover agents and informers posed as terrorists offering a dummy missile, fake C-4 explosives, a disarmed suicide vest and rudimentary training. Suspects naïvely played their parts until they were arrested.

When an Oregon college student, Mohamed Osman Mohamud, thought of using a car bomb to attack a festive Christmas-tree lighting ceremony in Portland, the F.B.I. provided a van loaded with six 55-gallon drums of “inert material,” harmless blasting caps, a detonator cord and a gallon of diesel fuel to make the van smell flammable. An undercover F.B.I. agent even did the driving, with Mr. Mohamud in the passenger seat. To trigger the bomb the student punched a number into a cellphone and got no boom, only a bust.

• Like 1

Holder is a traitor and and idiot.

“escalating danger from self-radicalized individuals within our own borders,”

LOLOLOLOLOL!!!!!!!! If he's not talking about the federal government or the police then I have no idea who he means.

• Like 8

I am guessing Holders criteria for "Home Grown" terrorists would be members of one or more of the following groups;

White

Male

Hetero

Christian

Conservative

Constitutionalist

Tea party member

Republican voter

Gun owner / CCW holder

2A and BoR supporter

Veteran

Or simply a Vocal Patriot

Edited by Socio
  • Like 7

Self-radicalized individuals????

If that is not Orwellian, I don't know what is.

Sad sad situation.

• Like 1

People are poor and p***ed off at the way the country is being run into the ground. The tension between citizens and law enforcement seems to escalating with each new video that hits the web. All this pressure has to go somewhere and both sides seem to be gearing up for the inevitable clash. Eric Holder said it himself, "escalating danger" - they want to suppress any sort of rebellion before it can gain traction. The whole "war on whistleblowers" is a good example of how to make an example.

• Like 3

And the whole thing is like wet soap. The tighter they hold the faster and further it will get out of their hands.

• Like 2

Self-radicalized individuals????

If that is not Orwellian, I don't know what is.

Sad sad situation.

I love it!

If you take a stand and speak up about the unconstitutional actions of your own government, the government labels you "self-radicalized". Nothing to do with them, everything to do with you being crazy! You can't make this stuff up.

• Like 4

People are poor and p***ed off at the way the country is being run into the ground. The tension between citizens and law enforcement seems to escalating with each new video that hits the web. All this pressure has to go somewhere and both sides seem to be gearing up for the inevitable clash. Eric Holder said it himself, "escalating danger" - they want to suppress any sort of rebellion before it can gain traction. The whole "war on whistleblowers" is a good example of how to make an example.

Having a few good friends in law enforcement, my view is that the bad laws passed by the various legislatures is probably more responsible for the situation than the cops themselves. Yes, there are bad individuals who should not be cops, for sure, but the existence of lousy and pernicious laws, and especially the zealous enforcement of bad laws, is at the root of it IMO.

A perfect example is the drugs laws. They have been a miserable failure for a century now, but still the politicians support them.

• Like 1

Having a few good friends in law enforcement, my view is that the bad laws passed by the various legislatures is probably more responsible for the situation than the cops themselves. Yes, there are bad individuals who should not be cops, for sure, but the existence of lousy and pernicious laws, and especially the zealous enforcement of bad laws, is at the root of it IMO.

A perfect example is the drugs laws. They have been a miserable failure for a century now, but still the politicians support them.

The thing about cops are there's two types. People who want to feel helpful(the good ones) and people who want to feel powerful(the bad ones).

I've personally met more helpful than powerful ones in my life, but my brothers don't agree.

• Like 1

"Now don't get me wrong, I don't mean disrespect

There are a lot of good cops, who serve and protect

And they boldly put their lives on the line

To protect our rights and give us peace of mind

But for every cop who thinks his badge is a crown

This song is for you, and I'll never bow down ... "- Corey Smith

Ugh. Don't get me started on that. All these private interests lobbying to keep commonly used, harmless drugs illegal just so they can keep bloated police budgets, build new prisons, etc.

Here in Canada-land, the US DEA somehow manages to heavily influence our own policy makers (wtf?) so every motion to legalize pot or even to decriminalize it are shot down repeatedly.

• Like 1

Holder is a traitor and and idiot.

“escalating danger from self-radicalized individuals within our own borders,”

LOLOLOLOLOL!!!!!!!! If he's not talking about the federal government or the police then I have no idea who he means.

The funny part is that this is coming from someone who ran with an ARMED group at Columbia Univ. and occupied an empty ROTC building. One thing I never got out of that story is, if your going to prove you are a bad ***, why didn't they go after an occupied ROTC building not an empty one? They'd get their butts handed to them on a platter...

I have a feeling this administration is going to go out with a bang...

http://dailycaller.com/2012/09/30/as-college-sophomore-eric-holder-participated-in-armed-takeover-of-former-columbia-university-rotc-office/

Edited by Mantis914
  • Like 1

I so want to comment on this topic, but as usual, the members who have already posted have said it far better than I ever could.

Regardless, here's my two cents worth; Eric Holder......"what a funking goof"

• Like 2

Ugh. Don't get me started on that. All these private interests lobbying to keep commonly used, harmless drugs illegal just so they can keep bloated police budgets, build new prisons, etc.

Here in Canada-land, the US DEA somehow manages to heavily influence our own policy makers (wtf?) so every motion to legalize pot or even to decriminalize it are shot down repeatedly.

That is sad. Canada should be a sovereign nation and capable of doing whatever it feels is best for Canada. The fact that USA policy rains on you is terrible. I feel for ya bro...wish it didn't happen that way.

Holder is a giant d0uche....I hope so much that he gets nailed for his crap or gets removed from power...he is an illness and has done nothing good that I am aware of since assuming the role...he literally is cancer in the flesh.

Obam-bam supports him...why?...I am assuming the racial thing is much deeper than any of us want to admit...we have a whole list of folks that are in position because of race and not qualification...that chick Rice is a loser....she needs to be kicked to the curb but it won't hapen cause she is a woman and she is African-American....never mind she is a troll and dumb as a stump...I do not care what college pushed her affirmative action @ss through...she is not a good person for the job...but we are apparently stuck with her cause obam-bam is not going to do the right thing and can her.

If we're going to fight a "war on terror", at least the fed gov has a responsibility to fight it at home. Tell me, is the foreign policy worth all that, people? Or are we just playing partisan politics again and that's what's more important here?

• Like 1

I suspect that this is their preemptive attempt to justify their own .... soon to be discovered, criminal behavior.

In a recent interview in given by Snowden's principle confidant, Glenn Greenwald, he says that he will soon release the names of U.S. citizens who have been targeted by the NSA.

Greenwald's Finale: Naming Victims of Surveillance - Real Clear Politics - May 26, 2014

“One of the big questions when it comes to domestic spying is, ‘Who have been the NSA’s specific targets?’," he said.

“Are they political critics and dissidents and activists? Are they genuinely people we’d regard as terrorists?

What are the metrics and calculations that go into choosing those targets and what is done with the surveillance that is conducted? Those are the kinds of questions that I want to still answer.”

“As with a fireworks show, you want to save your best for last,” Greenwald told GQ magazine. “The last one is the one where the sky is all covered in spectacular multicoloured hues.”

9461207015_93eee4f7a7_o.jpg

If we're going to fight a "war on terror", at least the fed gov has a responsibility to fight it at home. Tell me, is the foreign policy worth all that, people? Or are we just playing partisan politics again and that's what's more important here?

Its scary how you often say exactly what I was thinking

A group set up to fight domestic terrorists is a grand idea.

Given that same group the freedom to decide what is or is not "terrorism" or a "radicalized' individual is very very bad.

• Like 2

Ron Paul supporters were terrorists in 2008. Then when Ron Paul wasn't winning anymore, the two-faced republican rodeo clowns could start pretending they liked him again. Regarding domestic terrorism, what's wrong with the FBI? Why do we need another bureaucracy, at all?

The thing about cops are there's two types. People who want to feel helpful(the good ones) and people who want to feel powerful(the bad ones).

I've personally met more helpful than powerful ones in my life, but my brothers don't agree.

This is exactly how I feel as well. Thank God most who wear the badge still want to help.

Tampering with any witness who stands before the Lord of the Earth, will result in devastation beyond any human imagination.

A group set up to fight domestic terrorists is a grand idea.

Given that same group the freedom to decide what is or is not "terrorism" or a "radicalized' individual is very very bad.

Agreed. And so your second sentence nearly invalidates your first sentence.

Some definitions are in order I think, as to exactly what "terrorism" is. The term is very much over-used, to the point of being trivia and irrelevant.

When the government starts using the term to mean anybody that is against the government, and they all do that, then things have gone too far.

Coming full circle to the point that the Global War On Terror is a fraud of epic proportions.

One thing that every activist should be aware of, especially if they haven't been in the trenches for a long time, is the state of confusion's use of what I call "manufactured probable cause."

I won't go into examples here, but suffice to say that it's another form of the "dark arts," which Edward Snowden mentioned in his South by Southwest speech.

Snowden at SXSW: Encryption is ‘defense against the dark arts in the digital realm’ - PBS March 10, 2014

Given the current atmosphere, I now call upon the earth to manufacture her own special effects, for she has more than enough good cause.

• Like 1

Given the current atmosphere, I now call upon the earth to manufacture her own special effects, for she has more than enough good cause.

Special effects - definition

noun Movies, Television.

unusual visual and sound effects beyond the range of normal photography or recording, as simulated fires or earthquakes, explosions, thunder and lightning, miniaturized or enlarged images, or other optical or electronic distortions.

Origin:

1940–45

-------------------------------------------------------

"Given the current atmosphere," it's hard to imagine a better "special effect," the very next day on live national television.

I wonder how many Moses moments I'm allowed before the NSA asks for a warrant to place an implant in my brain.

Regarding the "dark arts".... Mr. Snowden, I would simply repeat, “fear not,” because the earth is capable of protecting her ears and her mouth.

The kind of encryption I'm using, is not accessible by the state of confusion, by any material means.

14441027082_951cddfd6e_o.jpg

Snowden References Very Obscure Comparison - May 30, 2014 - Post 1

“Suddenly a sound like the blowing of a violent wind came from heaven and filled the whole house where they were sitting.” Acts 2:2

Edited by Raptor Witness