Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Why are orbs attracted to water?

Sunshine Hoosier

In my old house i was living in I noticed orbs around the bathroom and kitchen areas. I wonder if there was any explanation why energy would need water? I found a youtube video that mirrors the appearance of the orbs in my old house.

In my old house i was living in I noticed orbs around the bathroom and kitchen areas. I wonder if there was any explanation why energy would need water? I found a youtube video that mirrors the appearance of the orbs in my old house.

What makes you think they are energy?

• Like 2

If you would have watched the video you can clearly see that they change direction, defy gravity, give off illuminance all of which require energy.

• Like 2

That video is creepy. I never seen anything like that. Whatever it is comes straight through the wall.

dust is light enough to be moved around in the air and the light of the camera is shining at the dust. if your in a dark room and the sun shines in streams you can see the dust floating, which you couldnt normally see.

if you use your camera you can see the same but up close and it looks bigger.

but with spirits and water, other than water nymphs, ive heard that jinn in islam stay in waterless places.

plus water provides sustenance to all life

Edited by Ever Learning
  • Like 1

That video is creepy. I never seen anything like that. Whatever it is comes straight through the wall.

Seriously? Wow, Its just a video shot in a dusty bathroom!

• Like 8

Spirit Orbs love to hide in throw rugs.

Set up the cam in a dark room with the cam's light on.

Shake the rug in front of the cam, and see them scatter.

• Like 3

LED flashlight. Fake.

• Like 2

They are thirsty.

• Like 8

Seriously? Wow, Its just a video shot in a dusty bathroom!

Then try filming dust, it doesn't move like this.

• Like 1

Then try filming dust, it doesn't move like this.

I have seen dust pull a 90 degree turn in mid flight and move off camera.

Dust is real.

• Like 6

It could be because they are two of the dustiest rooms in your house and the "orbs" your seeing are actually dust.

I regret I can only like a post once, otherwise I would give you two.

• Like 7

They are. The energy comes from batteries and a tiny light bulb.

• Like 7

Spirits are attracted to water, especially running water.

• Like 2

Don't let the naysayers get the best of you. You do have orbs, and good ones too.

Dust is easily recognizable, especially in videos. For those who say ALL are dust, just don't know...or want to apparently.

Do you try to take video at other times? Bet you don't get orbs all the time. To some that must mean dust decides when it's going to be videoed/photoed.

And water has long been know to be an energy conductor. Along with Quartz and electrical lines.

• Like 1

Orbs are nothing more than particulates illuminated by the camera; this has been demonstrated and proven again and again by empirical research and analysis since the 1990s. The yaysayers position relies on blind faith, not evidence.

• Like 5

Some are but not all, and if you do it enough you come to learn the difference. Dust you can see with the naked eye, not so much with orbs.

It is not faith that drives the believer but the evidence captured. If folks like you want to turn things around to fit your needs then so be it.

Don't let the naysayers get the best of you. You do have orbs, and good ones too.

Dust is easily recognizable, especially in videos. For those who say ALL are dust, just don't know...or want to apparently.

Do you try to take video at other times? Bet you don't get orbs all the time. To some that must mean dust decides when it's going to be videoed/photoed.

And water has long been know to be an energy conductor. Along with Quartz and electrical lines.

That was clearly a flashlight.

Some are but not all, and if you do it enough you come to learn the difference. Dust you can see with the naked eye, not so much with orbs.

It is not faith that drives the believer but the evidence captured. If folks like you want to turn things around to fit your needs then so be it.

Can you back that up or do you just believe it? BTW The naked eye does not have a built-in flash source and is incapable of over illuminating dust particles. That is why they cannot be seen without a camera.

Edited by sinewave
  • Like 6

Can you please explain to me in your own words how do you can point between orbs and dust? I would really would like to know, is there a scientific method or just your opinion?

• Like 7

Don't you think its a bit strange that orbs of "energy" or spirits are indistinguishable from orbs caused by dust?

• Like 3

sinewave...it was a ball of light, not a beam. And yes I have seen plenty of both and dust is clearly distinguishable from orbs. Just watch a Ghost Adventures or Ghost Hunters show when they go into an old warehouse or garage or house. It's pretty obvious.

Topp....scientific method is opening your eyes and observing. My opinion is that they are! What they are remains the mystery.

Dr. No.....not strange for dust and orbs are not the same thing. An orb is not duts and vice versa.

• Like 2

sinewave...it was a ball of light, not a beam. And yes I have seen plenty of both and dust is clearly distinguishable from orbs. Just watch a Ghost Adventures or Ghost Hunters show when they go into an old warehouse or garage or house. It's pretty obvious.

It was a flashlight beam. The OP was yanking our chains.

I have seen more episodes of both of those shows than I care to admit. The fact is, the orb phenomenon is very easily explained and replicated but that does not stop some from harboring irrational beliefs.

BTW, while we are on the subject, energy does not exist on its own in free space. It rapidly disperses into the environment, following the laws of thermodynamics.

Topp....scientific method is opening your eyes and observing. My opinion is that they are! What they are remains the mystery.

Dr. No.....not strange for dust and orbs are not the same thing. An orb is not duts and vice versa.

It remains a mystery to you, perhaps. The effect can be created at will and is well understood. Stating that orbs are not dust requires some evidence. What can you provide?

• Like 7

Do you even know what kind of evidence you would like?

it has been replicated but by people who don't believe. That "evidence" is also subject to discussion.

as for energy....you know this for fact? Seems theoretical physicists disagree.