Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Girl films bizarre 'dancing' light in the sky

Still Waters

A schoolgirl was left stunned after spotted a strange 'dancing' light in the sky - but managed to capture the intriguing sight on camera.

11-year-old Katie Real and her sister Macie were playing with their mum Fiona's laptop on Saturday when they spotted what looked like a ball of light dancing above a house outside, and quickly started filming.

http://metro.co.uk/2...he-sky-4749937/

• Like 5

Interesting, I don't know what to make of it. Wonder why she didn't go outside on the patio to get a better look?

• Like 3

Authentic clip, no fake. I would say its something of military origin or a model rocket that failed. Clip was taken in Northampton, BTW.

• Like 2

Similar footage was shown on a SyFy program called Fact or Faked: Paranormal Files. They concluded that it was probably an RC plane that had flares attached to it.

• Like 2

Similar footage was shown on a SyFy program called Fact or Faked: Paranormal Files. They concluded that it was probably an RC plane that had flares attached to it.

• Like 2

Me too Its All done with Mirrors and Lights ! :tu:

• Like 1

I might be wrong, but to me it looks too distant and large to be a flare.

• Like 2

Authentic clip, no fake. I would say its something of military origin or a model rocket that failed. Clip was taken in Northampton, BTW.

The long fire trail, and large swooping circles bringing it closer to the ground makes me think you are more likely on the right track.

Edited by psyche101
  • Like 1

The clip was taken from the first or second floor and the altitude of the object was very low. So it could not had get been filmed

from the patio also under the consideration that the patio is surrounded by high walls and the fact that kids are short. And BTW,

11yo Katie darling did a much better job than 91,2% of all the YT UFO morons. And she had no cam, just a laptop. Well done,

I would say.

I concur, she did an excellent job. She should be proud of how well she did, as you say, better than nearly every other one in existence.

She even beat the anti gravity blurring filters. :huh::lol:

Edited by psyche101
  • Like 4

Nice footage!! I think it's an RC too, and here's another potential example:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fW0rduX7zjQ

Fast forward to about 2:00 and watch as he fires up the incendiaries, and then again at 3:30ish..

I want one.

Edited by ChrLzs
  • Like 3

That's a great clip CHrlz, it just looks like as it gets further away the firetail gets quite small, from Katies clip though the firetail looks really long to me, which I why I thought toast was more likely right. I would expect a model rocket might put out a big plume like that.

Good to see ya mate!

And of course this means we need something to shoot these alieunz down, but don't worry, we're ready:

[media=]

[/media]

PS - psyche, yeah I see what you mean, but on a wide lens like that it might be giving a false impression of the distance.. + I think the maneuvers look controlled over quite a long period, hence RC is my bet.

Edited by ChrLzs
  • Like 2

PS - psyche, yeah I see what you mean, but on a wide lens like that it might be giving a false impression of the distance.. + I think the maneuvers look controlled over quite a long period, hence RC is my bet.

:tu:

Sounds good, that bloody wide lens gets me every time :D

• Like 1

[media=]

[/media]

Testimonial by Tom A.:

"I`m living in Wiltshire. Last Saturday at approx 9pm me and my 9yo daughter Sally were outside walking our dog Rolf, a 7yo

German shepherd who had heavy diarrhea that day. Suddenly, my 9yo daughter Sally pointed her finger to the sky and asked

me : "Daddy, what is that there in the sky? Look, it is moving!" I looked to the sky also and saw a triangle shaped object.

The triangle shaped object hoovered in circles and it was in a distance of approx 3 miles from us. Rolf, our 7yo German shepherd

who had heavy diarrhea that day, started growling and barking. I`m a sceptic in general and I do not believe in UFOs and such

rubbish but the triangle shaped object didn`t looked like any known aircraft. I worked in the airforce in my younger years and I have

a lot of technical skills to be able judge if the object was an aircraft or not. We started walking a little bit faster towards the triangle

shaped object. We had to leave the place anyway as Rolf, our 7yo German shepherd, had heavy diarrhea that day. We met a group

of ppl who were also looking into the sky, watching the triangle shaped object. It was a group of 5 ppl we know. 2 police officers,

1 commercial airliner pilot, 1 magistrate and 1 nun. We dicussed about the size of the object and agreed that it must be in between

800meters and 1,5 miles in wing-span.The triangle shaped object continued flying in circles. There where five bright lights at the

bottom side of the triangle shaped object and it made no noise at all. The whole surrounding was absolute silently and we just have

heard some noises caused by Rolf, our German shepherd who had heavy diarrhea that day. All of the sudden, a number of small,

orange luminescent and spherical objects separated very fast from the triangle shaped object, leaving orange illuminated tracks in

the sky. The small objects reduced their altitude very fast, I would say they landed somewhere in the neighborhood. As I said already,

I`m a sceptic in general and I do not believe in UFOs but this sighting has changed my mind completely. This was no craft of terrestrial

origin, it was a craft of extraterrestrial origin and it is likely that it was a huge mothership taking small exploration crafts into the earth

atmosphere. Also the other 5 trustable witnesses can confirm the sighting on the same level of truth as they can confirm that Rolf, our

7yo German shepherd, had heavy diarrhea that day. Why should 2 police officers, 1 commercial airliner pilot, 1 magistrate and 1 nun

lie? "

• Like 3

If I'd seen that, I'm sure I would have been frightened. But I'm a girl and I can say things like that. :P

• Like 2

It does not appear to descend from the clouds as suggested. That kind of spiraling motion is common to kites that are not properly balanced. Perhaps a firework attached to a kite? It is clearly not very far away.

• Like 2

Debunked. Katie filmed Wile E. Coyote. File closed.

wile_e_coyote_zps232fe403.jpg

• Like 3

If this had been taken in America, I would say it was just another kid experimenting with illegal fireworks for the 4th of July. Yes, they start playing with them a month early and they do try dangerous things like launching them from model rockets.

• Like 1

A long while back, a similar thing was posted. I believe there was an air show near by during that time in that case. Wish we had more information to where it was, and when. Could have been someone practicing.

Wish we had more information to where it was, and when.

Northampton/England, Saturday 1.6., in the evening.

• Like 1

It does not appear to descend from the clouds as suggested. That kind of spiraling motion is common to kites that are not properly balanced. Perhaps a firework attached to a kite? It is clearly not very far away.

A kite on fire crossed my mind looking at the way it seemed to spiral before gradually getting lower and disappearing.

RC plane with flares or burning kites its the commentary on the video is what made it great fun to watch for me. A couple of kids perplexed by what they have seen coming up with shooting stars. So much for disclosure. ;)

• Like 1