Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

How do you define the word 'spiritual'?

JJ50

What does 'spiritual mean to you?

I have never felt anything which I could describe as 'spiritual', even when I was going through the motions of being a 'born again' Christian as a young person.

I'll bite. 'Spiritual' means adding some feature to the material universe wholly out of one's imagination.

What does 'spiritual mean to you?

I have never felt anything which I could describe as 'spiritual', even when I was going through the motions of being a 'born again' Christian as a young person.

You can be a spiritual person without feeling spiritual.

I'll bite as well, just for the heck of it.... ;)

Spirituality has two aspects to it, 1st it is a multidimensional feature of our universe, ie, the spiritual realm is a higher or different dimension than the traditional space-time continuum observes. Although it is still part of the creation of the universe.

The 2nd point is that all self aware beings can tap into this realm because part of their being is connected to it by an element that is also multidimensional. The human spirit is a part of the multidimensional realm in substance.

• Like 2

Art and music can have a spiritual component in its ability to convey a sensation or feeling of connection to not only the creator (of the piece) but also to the rest of humanity.

I think that feeling of being connected to everyone or everything by something akin to emotional wavelengths is the best way to describe my idea of what spirituality is.

But I am an artist so I may be biased ;)

Edited by karmakazi
  • Like 1

I've yet to encounter one thing which wasn't spiritual... thought form action deed word object whatever