Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Still Waters

Elderly man takes his pet bird for a walk

7 posts in this topic

Some unusual footage has emerged of an elderly man in Hong Kong going for a walk down the street - with his pet bird.

The man, who uses what looks like a folded-up chair for support, shuffles down the street with the little bird following closely behind.

His feathered friend even stops with his owner at a crossing to wait for the lights to change.

http://metro.co.uk/2...you-do-4753449/

Awww..how cute :D

3 people like this

that is until some old pedestrian, who did not look down, or noticed, accidently stepped on it

1 person likes this

Walking down the street with your bird is one of life's great pleasures. Shame they can't hold hands or walk arm in wing but at least he has a bird.

Aw, that is one seriously devoted bird, he must dote on it too I'm guessing.

1 person likes this

that is until some old pedestrian, who did not look down, or noticed, accidently stepped on it

That happened to an old friend of mine. He had a budgie that would always come out of it's cage and walk around the floor, land on top of the TV etc and even land on your head if it liked you. He accidentally stood on it returning from the bathroom one night. :(

(He was heartbroken)

Some unusual footage has emerged of an elderly man in Hong Kong going for a walk down the street - with his pet bird.

The man, who uses what looks like a folded-up chair for support, shuffles down the street with the little bird following closely behind.

His feathered friend even stops with his owner at a crossing to wait for the lights to change.

http://metro.co.uk/2...you-do-4753449/

Awww..how cute :D

Birds can be amazing just like any other pet :)

I had a pet cockatiel when I was a teenager. I took her walks on my shoulder outside in the car etc she was "potty trained" and said "poop poop" if she had to go. The bird was great and she knew she had freedom but chose home. I learned the hard way that it is not a safe thing to do. I assumed the bird would never flee but I hadn't thought about wild birds attacking it! A blue jay is a very mean bird. She flew away from it and then was attacked by a small hawk. A wild but "pet" crow because he would let us hand feed him and could saw "hello" came to the rescue and attacked the hawk! She had an injured wing for a while but she didn't want to go for any more walks without a carrier after that for her safety. I never knew a wild crow could be a hero. Birds are smart if you become friends and are as faithful as dogs if they respect you.

Animal companions never cease to amaze.

1 person likes this