Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Watch what happens when you boil Cola

rapture

umm yeah I made the mistake of boiling a gammon joint in coke at Christmas last year because someone said it would be delicious ...I forgot about the pot on the stove and it boiled over leaving a hardened volcanic lava type deposit inside the gas rings leaving impossible for me to relight the stove. I had to dismantle the hob, chip off the worst of the offending substance with a knife and soak it in boiling water for hours before I could use it again.

The gammon was delicious though :D

• Like 3

Place chicken wings in a fry pan and add a can of coke (the sugared variety, not diet). Allow the wings to cook over medium heat until the liquid is reduced. Best tasting chicken wings EVER.

Edit to add: Since when did the fact that burnt sugar is disgusting become news anyway? Try over doing some toffee, bet the result is just as disgusting. :tu:

Edited by libstaK
  • Like 1

Right. Burn any food or drink and it's going to reduce to something unpalatable.

BTW, Pepsi tastes like it has more sugar in it than Coke.

Edited by AZDZ

So when you boil water containing sugar (a carbon compound) down to nothing, you get carbon. Check. Do they not teach chemistry anymore?

Edit to add: Since when did the fact that burnt sugar is disgusting become news anyway?

Slow news day I reckon.

• Like 1

Liquid sugar, whether in soft drinks or fruit juices or even carrots out of a juicer should be avoided. The sugar gets into the system too fast to be handled by the liver properly and this can lead to diabetes and all kinds of other baddies. The exception is when one has been exercising vigorously, and even then in moderation (or of course if one is just sipping it while eating).

Any food looks like gross after you cook in a way you're not supposed to. Try blending up a loaf of bread and mixing it up with some orange juice, then boil that and see how good it looks.

I'm not defending soda, though I enjoy drinking it, but judging something by it's appearance is generally not a good idea. The ingredients on the back is all the information you need to know that it's bad for you.

What's wrong with that?? Looks like Vegemite - food of the Gods!!

Get a Corned Beef - Cook it in Dry Ginger ale, nothing else.

Try it. Makes an awesome Corned Beef.

It looks like syrup.

Bingo.

It can go back into the post mix at the pub :D

• Like 1