Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

white gnome like creature

aw2014

(Ohio) So about 12 years ago my parents and I were leaving a friend's house and heading home. We were on a country road, my mom was driving and I was sitting in the back of the car in the middle with my head poked up between the two front seats talking to my parents. I happened to look out the windshield in time to see this small humanoid figure go running across the road in front of our car. I said "oh my gosh did you guys see that!?!" Immediately my mother said "what did it look like". The only way I can describe this thing is that it was all white, I did not see any facial features, it was about 2.5-3 foot tall. It ran on two legs and I could even see its little arms pumping as it ran across the road, to me it looked like a yard gnome without the tall pointy hat. It ran out in front of us about 10 feet in front of the car. Once it got across the road it ran into some pine trees and we could no longer see it. My dad laughed but my mom was stunned and said "I just seen that same exact thing".

Since then my mom and I have been trying to figure out what it was that we seen that night. I have driven down that road many times and have not seen a thing. About 1 year after the sighting I was driving down the same road and there is a house that was about 100 feet from the spot where we seen our little man, they had put a little hand made sign in their yard, next to the road that just said "Beware of the troll under the bridge". I wanted so badly to go to their house and ask if they had seen the same thing i had, but i never did. In the past decade i have found 3 people who have witnessed this little man, 2 of the sightings were on the same road that I had seen it on, the other was a farm about 5 roads over. No one knows what it is and to this day I have been searching the Internet for a story similar to mine.

• Like 4

Wow, sounds like something similar that happened to me.

We were driving home from someplace that was about 2 hours away, and the whole way was just trees and farmland on either side of the car, and I happen to look out the window and I glimpsed what looked like a little 1-2 year old girl curled up on this little grassy hill thing, sleeping.

It couldn't have been an actual human child, because the location was quite far from any house and it was just strange.

• Like 4

Well one of the people I talked to that seen it on the same road I did said that they seen something white balled up in a ditch and when they came up to it, it popped it's head up and stared at them as the car drove by. She said it looked like a little white round person with no distinguishable facial features...very odd.

Sounds like you need to gear up for an expedition.

Do not forget the Camera.

• Like 1

Was Tom Cruise filming a movie in the area?

• Like 4

Where in Ohio did you witness that?

I live about 10 mins south of Xenia in a small town, it was on a country road right outside of town.

I glimpsed what looked like a little 1-2 year old girl curled up on this little grassy hill thing, sleeping.

It couldn't have been an actual human child, because the location was quite far from any house and it was just strange.

I would have stopped the car and checked this out. Someone could have abandoned their baby.

• Like 2

Haha! No Tom cruise but a few times we went back to that spot with flash lights and a large fishing net lol. This is the first time I've ever posted my account, Truman609 posted an almost identical story...although he says when they got out of the car to investigate they only found a cat. He was ridiculed after his post. I believe he just worded his story wrong and it sounded like a cat was what he saw but our stories are so similar I think he may have seen what I did, he also said this was in Ohio.

I live about 10 mins south of Xenia in a small town, it was on a country road right outside of town.

What was the name of the road?

Sorry to keep asking. There's too much info on haunted Ohio that's why, not to mention a tornado strike.

What was the name of the road?

Sorry to keep asking. There's too much info on haunted Ohio that's why, not to mention a tornado strike.

Lol its all good, it was on Hite Road, right outside of Jamestown. Do you live in Ohio as well?

Thanks :) No I'm not from Ohio or the United States. Never been there except just now on Google Street Maps. It looks like an eerie place. I came across these pine trees that might be the same ones you were seeing the apparition enter. There's loads of stuff about haunted Jamestown in Ohio.

I came across this that may interest you http://www.hauntedplaces.org/jamestown-oh/

Thanks :) No I'm not from Ohio or the United States. Never been there except just now on Google Street Maps. It looks like an eerie place. I came across these pine trees that might be the same ones you were seeing the apparition enter. There's loads of stuff about haunted Jamestown in Ohio.

I came across this that may interest you http://www.hauntedplaces.org/jamestown-oh/

Thank you that is very interesting. It was very close to Jasper Road that we seen it, there are some pine trees next to the road that is in front of a house-that's where we seen it. On the link you sent to me, Snow Hill Country Club is the first place listed, I'm actually part of a "Ghost Hunting" group called Ohio Organization of Paranormal Studies, OOPS for short lol but we have been to snow hill several times and we use to do a tour called Dinner and a Ghost. We would take people around the building and show them all the evidence we had found while investigating. For lack of a better word...that place is very active.

• Like 1

I would have stopped the car and checked this out. Someone could have abandoned their baby.

But rescuing a baby would have ruined a perfectly good tall tale.
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Have you driven by since with a camera? A picture would help determine if it's an eccentric ol' hermit or something more gnome-ish...

Very cool u saw something cross the road go, and ask the people if they see it.but it could be there pet.and bring a few friends with you when you go to there house. they might be in to black magic and turn you in to one of these things.

Edited by coolguy

• 3 weeks later...

Have you driven by since with a camera? A picture would help determine if it's an eccentric ol' hermit or something more gnome-ish...

I have driven by several times and have never seen anything since.we use to take large fishing nets with us in case we came across it again. If I ever see it again I'm taking it home to prove to everyone I'm not crazy haha

• Like 1

Very cool u saw something cross the road go, and ask the people if they see it.but it could be there pet.and bring a few friends with you when you go to there house. they might be in to black magic and turn you in to one of these things.

That's a scary thought lol I don't know if it is the same people who live there, this was about 20 years ago and they have since taken the sign down. It's always puzzled me and just out of curiosity I posted my story hoping to find a similar instance.

Sounds like one of these.Opossum_2.jpg

• Like 1

That's a scary thought lol I don't know if it is the same people who live there, this was about 20 years ago and they have since taken the sign down. It's always puzzled me and just out of curiosity I posted my story hoping to find a similar instance.

You guys should investigate the place.. put some trail cams in and stuff...

Can possums (SP) run upright? Im asking ..