Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Rick Perry Likens Homosexuality to Alcoholism

Paranormalcy

I'm curious to see if there is anyone that says this seems a hypothesis or analogy worthy of consideration, or if it might be a tad completely wrong in too many ways to count...

Myself, I think maybe staying in your wheelhouse of extremist intolerance might not be the best tactic for someone planning to make another run for President, but what do I know?

"Whether or not you feel compelled to follow a particular lifestyle or not, you have the ability to decide not to do that,” Perry said when asked whether homosexuality is a disorder at an event at the Commonwealth Club of California. “I may have the genetic coding that I’m inclined to be an alcoholic, but I have the desire not to do that.”

http://abcnews.go.co...-to-alcoholism/

Edited by Paranormalcy
  • Like 2

The man is quite obviously an idiot. We have a choice whether to indulge in our addictions, we have no such choice in who or what we fancy. It's a natural thing.

• Like 2

Just in case people think so,

HOMOSEXUALITY IS NOT A LIFESTYLE.

Would he call left-handedness a lifestyle?

Sheesh.

• Like 1

People can be more suseptible to alcoholism if their parents were heavy drinkers. This seems to suggest a genetic pre-disposition towards alcoholism. One thing I haven't reaserched or cared to is if homosexuality is genetic or if it's environmental (due to upbringing) as a cause. I've heard of a debunked study that it was genetics, but haven't heard much more on the subject, which makes me curious. As a human species, we have a neccessity to propegate our species. homosexuality seems counter productive. While I think it's good that we have made medical advances now where we can get around our natural selection.

But now I'm curious, what evidence is out there for the cause?

A mother saying a bunch of gay **** when her baby's still in the womb causes homosexuality.

• Like 3

bullsht, homosexuals drink as much as straight. we are the same in that regard, lol

but seriously, that is a bad way to equate or compare. alcoholism is an addiction, being gay is not, even i know that

Edited by aztek

He's an idiot. In this day and age if you don't sympathize with or "get" homosexuals and you have a career in politics then keep your fool mouth shut about it.

• Like 1

People can be more suseptible to alcoholism if their parents were heavy drinkers. This seems to suggest a genetic pre-disposition towards alcoholism. One thing I haven't reaserched or cared to is if homosexuality is genetic or if it's environmental (due to upbringing) as a cause. I've heard of a debunked study that it was genetics, but haven't heard much more on the subject, which makes me curious. As a human species, we have a neccessity to propegate our species. homosexuality seems counter productive. While I think it's good that we have made medical advances now where we can get around our natural selection.

But now I'm curious, what evidence is out there for the cause?

There are several studies that show genetic links to homosexuality. It is most likely epigentic expression that results in homosexuality, however, you can go bone whomever you want whenever you want, so there's that, too.

• Like 1

He will help guarantee another Democratic President. They cannot dredge deep enough to find a suitable candidate.

A mother saying a bunch of gay **** when her baby's still in the womb causes homosexuality.

This is sarcasm, right? Right?

Now I have to side with Rick on this one. I mean, I've heard you can just drink your problems away. He was trying to give a subtle hint that if you're gay you should drink until you forget you're gay, and than cut yourself.

http://psychcentral.com/lib/higher-risk-of-mental-health-problems-for-homosexuals/0006527

He's an idiot. In this day and age if you don't sympathize with or "get" homosexuals and you have a career in politics then keep your fool mouth shut about it.

Meh. Could be worse. He could have said he was an atheist...

• Like 1