Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Surgeons remove cellphone from man's mouth!

Eldorado

[media=]

[/media]

This is the extraordinary moment doctors removed a mobile phone lodged deep inside a man’s mouth. The clip shows an unidentified man lying sedated on a hospital bed in Klerksdorp, South Africa, with medical staff crowded around him. Some of them can be heard laughing as metal clamps are used to pull the electronic device from his mouth.

Source: http://metro.co.uk/2...africa-4761268/

There's no explanation as to how it got there. Any ideas?

Edited by Eldorado
  • Like 1

Jeeeze, they have a right to film this and put it out there for people to see? what kind of doctors and nurses are these? Please tell me they have no intentions on coming to England to better their lives and work in any of our hospitals)

It is possible it was forced down his throat....no laughing matter. Attempted murder is possible, but the nurses and doctors think its funny!!?!!

Please do no get me wrong, but this is one kind of culture difference i do not understand!

• Like 5

I'm guessing it got there because he was being rude and paying more attention to his phone than to the person he was with so they shoved it down his throat, something I've had the urge to do on occasion.

• Like 2

@free...

I don't have a 'warm fuzzy' about hospitals in Southern Africa, based on a news story I read some years ago... There was a clinic "out in the bush", that had an Intensive Care Unit... Every Friday morning

for several weeks the doctors/nurses would find a dead paitent in one of the beds... Always the same bed... They puzzled about this for quite a while, studying the air flow, searching for poisonous insects, etc,

meanwhile more people were dying each Thursday night... Finally, they decided to post a Nurse in the ward on Thursday nights, only to find out that a cleaning lady was coming in and vacuuming the floor...

The power cord on the vacuum wasn't long enough to reach the entire length of the ward, so she was unplugging the paitents life support equipment, and merrily vacuuming away - unable to hear

the paitent thrash about and moan as they died over the vacuum...

The hospital administrator was quoted as saying that "A stern letter was posted to the cleaning ladys personnel file"....

That's when I decided if I was ever there - and needed medical help... I would just take my chances with my own first aid...

• Like 2

@free...

I don't have a 'warm fuzzy' about hospitals in Southern Africa, based on a news story I read some years ago... There was a clinic "out in the bush", that had an Intensive Care Unit... Every Friday morning

for several weeks the doctors/nurses would find a dead paitent in one of the beds... Always the same bed... They puzzled about this for quite a while, studying the air flow, searching for poisonous insects, etc,

meanwhile more people were dying each Thursday night... Finally, they decided to post a Nurse in the ward on Thursday nights, only to find out that a cleaning lady was coming in and vacuuming the floor...

The power cord on the vacuum wasn't long enough to reach the entire length of the ward, so she was unplugging the paitents life support equipment, and merrily vacuuming away - unable to hear

the paitent thrash about and moan as they died over the vacuum...

The hospital administrator was quoted as saying that "A stern letter was posted to the cleaning ladys personnel file"....

That's when I decided if I was ever there - and needed medical help... I would just take my chances with my own first aid...

Jeeze, sorry, I had to laugh at this just for the sheer horror of it.

was the cleaner sacked or moved to the theatre instead and told to mind "those long dangling things when there are surgeons and bodies in the room" ?

• Like 3

I'm guessing it got there because he was being rude and paying more attention to his phone than to the person he was with so they shoved it down his throat, something I've had the urge to do on occasion.

Yeah, or he was walking along a busy street and someone walking in the same direction as him had the unfortunate experience of him continuously and loudly jabbering away behind them, finally had enough and turned around and shoved the phone down his throat. Um .... not that I would ever think of doing such a thing myself ... :whistle::innocent:

• Like 2

You should see the bloke who annoyed people with his ipad then.....he no longer needs a chair, as he has a permanent flat spot where one should be.

• Like 4

Jeeze, sorry, I had to laugh at this just for the sheer horror of it.

was the cleaner sacked or moved to the theatre instead and told to mind "those long dangling things when there are surgeons and bodies in the room" ?

I'm imagining being that poor cleaner when they are told they have been killing a patient every Thursday night for the past several weeks ... imagine that horror. Fancy putting a cleaner in an environment where they do not know what all those blinking lights and buzzing sounds coming from the machines are and that they are crucial to a patients life and also never telling them to be careful not to unplug any of them while they clean .... just wow.

And yes, I know we can't imagine someone being that ignorant but surely the fact that this is a country where village life commonly means absolutely no knowledge or access to anything remotely resembling modern day technology has to be taken into account when training staff for their working environments.

• Like 4

I'm imagining being that poor cleaner when they are told they have been killing a patient every Thursday night for the past several weeks ... imagine that horror. Fancy putting a cleaner in an environment where they do not know what all those blinking lights and buzzing sounds coming from the machines are and that they are crucial to a patients life and also never telling them to be careful not to unplug any of them while they clean .... just wow.

And yes, I know we can't imagine someone being that ignorant but surely the fact that this is a country where village life commonly means absolutely no knowledge or access to anything remotely resembling modern day technology has to be taken into account when training staff for their working environments.

So true. In the 80s we had a mass wave of refugees from SE asia come here. Years later one of them told me that when he first moved here being from such a warm place had never seen heating vents and so thought the grates in the floor must be where you sweep the dirt as your cleaning. The landlord got very upset with him when he had to clean out all of the heating pipes which were now clogged.
  • Like 2

He could have put the phone in his mouth to free his hands, then stumbled or something and the phone got stuck in his throat. He's lucky he didn't choke to death.

• Like 2

He could have put the phone in his mouth to free his hands, then stumbled or something and the phone got stuck in his throat. He's lucky he didn't choke to death.

That's what I was thinking! (along with some gangster shoving it down his throat for being slow to pay a debt)

• Like 1

Could he have been the bloke sitting behind me on the train from Ashford International to St. Pancras last week?

"Hello, yes...I'm on the train.....just passing Headcorn Station....Yes I'll remember the bread and milk on the way home......yabber yabber yabber.....(For almost 2 hours solid!)

• Like 2