Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
UM-Bot

Google adds Loch Ness Monster Easter Egg

4 posts in this topic

The search giant has taken advantage of the legendary lake monster in its latest map update.

In tribute to the world's best known cryptozoological creature, Google has updated its maps application with new routing information that includes a trip up the enigmatic Scottish lake while riding on the Loch Ness Monster's back.

Read More: http://www.unexplain...ster-easter-egg

3 people like this

Nice little addition to make people go 'ooooh' at the end of what is actually just Google doing its but for the Scottish Tourist Board. It is true that there is an enduring mystery surrounding the Loch, which once you get past the locals floating cardboard cutouts etc, the evidence, or lack thereof, shows 'Nessie' is nothing more than a folklore style myth that has persisted into modern times. Perhaps there is an evolutionary throwback, a Plesiosaur or other creature living in there, if that is the case, I don't think I have seen anything compelling enough to indicate this is anything more than the locals keeping the tourists flocking in to their region. I sound so cynical I know, and I am still open minded on this truly, but I have not seen anything to make me sit up and say 'hang on a minute'...

I think what they've done is quite funny.

a trip up the enigmatic Scottish lake while riding on the Loch Ness Monster's back.

Here's a couple of pics of Urquhart Castle taken from a different viewpoint -

post-73704-0-26740200-1402847180_thumb.j

post-73704-0-92770500-1402847316_thumb.j

2 people like this

The wake of a boat has labeled the monster on google earth. Saw it right off.