Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

War over hostage taking?

and-then

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-27855994

This situation was as predictable as hot weather in Summer. What may not be so predictable is the reaction Israelis will have to it this time. This could lead to a huge escalation as Israel is beginning to call up some reserves.

• Like 2

Israel has a reputation for looking after - or avenging - it's citizens.

Remember the Munich Olympics ?

• Like 1

I wish one morning this region of the world would just wake up and be like, "you know what lets just stop hating each other for centuries".

• Like 9

The Lebanon war with Hezbollah was in answer to a kidnapping of IDF soldiers. IF they can find these boys or communicate their seriousness in terms of the consequences then this might have a good ending - otherwise I think not so much.

• Like 2

I wish one morning this region of the world would just wake up and be like, "you know what lets just stop hating each other for centuries".

It is always a blessed thing to hope for peace.
  • Like 3

Yet there is no evidence these students have been kidnapped by Hamas. The Israeli authorities have arrested or detained some 80 Palestinians based purely on a prejudice - not on any evidence.

• Like 4

Yet there is no evidence these students have been kidnapped by Hamas. The Israeli authorities have arrested or detained some 80 Palestinians based purely on a prejudice - not on any evidence.

Leo I assume you can provide a link or source for this claim?
  • Like 2

Israel will do what ever it take to defend itself and it's citizens...sooner or later this whole area will explode in a major war and who know what will be when the dust settles...but my money is on the Israeli's....

• Like 4

I was of the understanding the Palestinians are helping them look for them and have been detaining Hamas members themselves.

Also the wife of the Palestinian president is being treated in an Israeli hospital so I don't think things have gotten a lot worse between the two because of this.

http://news.yahoo.com/palestinian-presidents-wife-treated-israel-hospital-173726192.html

No I haven't read about any evidence. The Palestinians are detaining Hamas members also. It could be some group connected to the ISIS also. Edited by Ashotep

Leo I assume you can provide a link or source for this claim?

Look at, and this time please read, the link provided in your very own OP.

Ashotep,

The Palestinians are detaining Hamas members also.

I can find no evidence of this in various news reports online. Where did you get this information from?

Edited by Leonardo

This from the BBC News website article on the story..

Mr Netanyahu previously said he holds the Palestinian Authority responsible for the teenagers' wellbeing but Palestinian officials have pointed out that the three went missing in an area under full Israeli control.

On the face of it, the Palestinians have a point. If HAMAS, or any Palestinian terrorist group, where to kidnap somebody, then why three students, and why in such a (for them) risky area ?

I would imagine that the local Palestinians would not actively support such a kidnapping, in the sense of participating or even 'turning a blind eye', because they KNOW that it will be THEMSELVES who suffer from the resulting security crackdown. And kidnapping three people off the street in broad daylight would surely have caused a ruckus... people would have noticed it happening ?

Look at, and this time please read, the link provided in your very own OP.

Ashotep,

I can find no evidence of this in various news reports online. Where did you get this information from?

There is nothing in the article that provides any proof for the statement you made. Other than the BBC's slant and even that isn't compelling. But hey, cheer on the Palestinians Leo, I'm sure they had NOTHING to do with this situation - even though 3 separate groups already have claimed responsibility. I think they miscalculated on this one though. They are about to pay a very heavy price. The Israelis are even discussing re-arresting everyone they recently let out of jail. I always wondered what an Israeli "intifada" would look like. We may be about to see it.

The Israeli army says it has arrested about 80 Palestinians in the search for the teenagers.

That is in the BBC report,Or is the BBC not a valid source anymore?

There is nothing in the article that provides any proof for the statement you made.

The accusation...

Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu has accused the Palestinian Islamist movement Hamas of kidnapping three Israeli teenagers.

The denial...

Hamas has denied it was involved in their disappearance.

The arrests...

The Israeli army says it has arrested about 80 Palestinians in the search for the teenagers.

The evidence the accusation by Netanyahu was nothing more than a political ploy, and the arrests based on nothing more than prejudice...

"Those who carried out the kidnapping of our youngsters are Hamas people," Mr Netanyahu said.

Mr Netanyahu pointed to the fact that Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas recently announced a unity government backed by Hamas.

All directly quoted from the BBC article you linked to in your OP. But, continue digging yourself a deeper hole by all means.

...even though 3 separate groups already have claimed responsibility.

Which 3 groups are those? Where are the reports?

Edited by Leonardo
  • Like 2

The accusation...

The denial...

The arrests...

The evidence the accusation by Netanyahu was nothing more than a political ploy, and the arrests based on nothing more than prejudice...

All directly quoted from the BBC article you linked to in your OP. But, continue digging yourself a deeper hole by all means.

Which 3 groups are those? Where are the reports?

All you have done is exposed your thinking and obvious bias Leo. No where did you provide any proof that your statement is accurate. I can only imagine the contortions you'll be going through soon. I see the Israelis getting ready to go medieval over this and I think they should.

All you have done is exposed your thinking and obvious bias Leo. No where did you provide any proof that your statement is accurate. I can only imagine the contortions you'll be going through soon. I see the Israelis getting ready to go medieval over this and I think they should.

Why should they? Don't you think they should find out what happened to the teenagers first? Why don't they act responsibly instead of killing innocent people once again?

• Like 1

Which statement? You mean this one...

...which is 100% accurate according to the article you used to open the thread with?

• Like 1

Which statement? You mean this one...

...which is 100% accurate according to the article you used to open the thread with?

This is a statement by your national network - they are liberally biased and they do not themselves do anything other than make a statement - they offer no source or proof to back up the ridiculous statement. You are berating me for refusing to acknowledge the veracity of a BBC report? They "know" these things yet do not explain how?

This is a statement by your national network - they are liberally biased and they do not themselves do anything other than make a statement - they offer no source or proof to back up the ridiculous statement. You are berating me for refusing to acknowledge the veracity of a BBC report? They "know" these things yet do not explain how?

This is the same article you linked to in your OP to justify your opinion, and yet now that the uncertainty regarding the identity of any kidnappers or if the missing teens have, in fact, been kidnapped at all, you disown the article?

Don't blame me - or the BBC - if you post without researching first what you are posting.

Edited by Leonardo

Leo if you want to troll at least try not to be dimwitted. I made NO,ZERO, statement in the OP about responsibility of anyone. I simply said that this kidnapping was predictable. YOU are the one making statements as of facts not presented about the situation. I made no claims about who was responsible - you, OTOH couldn't help spewing an anti Israel bias into the discussion.

• Like 1

The BBC is one of the world's most respected news organisations but because they're reporting things you don't want to hear they are biased.That is beyond pathetic

Leo if you want to troll at least try not to be dimwitted. I made NO,ZERO, statement in the OP about responsibility of anyone. I simply said that this kidnapping was predictable. YOU are the one making statements as of facts not presented about the situation. I made no claims about who was responsible - you, OTOH couldn't help spewing an anti Israel bias into the discussion.

You asked me for "evidence" of the statements I made. I provided that evidence from the very article you linked, whence you then proceeded to cast aspersions on the very source you provided. Now look at what you said in the first two posts you made on this thread...

This situation was as predictable as hot weather in Summer. What may not be so predictable is the reaction Israelis will have to it this time. This could lead to a huge escalation as Israel is beginning to call up some reserves.
The Lebanon war with Hezbollah was in answer to a kidnapping of IDF soldiers. IF they can find these boys or communicate their seriousness in terms of the consequences then this might have a good ending - otherwise I think not so much.

...and everyone here knows your views regarding the Israel/Palestine situation. There is no doubt you took Netanyahu's accusation as being the "truth" of what has occurred. Just read the thread title - you have assumed these 3 have been taken "hostage".

Now, I am not saying these teenagers weren't kidnapped, nor am I claiming that Hamas, or people affiliated with Hamas, aren't responsible. All I stated is that there is, as yet, no evidence for either claim - and I am right. So stop sulking.

Edited by Leonardo

War breaks out in the Middle East forums.

Following the apparent kidnapping of three Israeli threads, Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin NetAndThenhoo has brought the Israeli Debate Forces onto a state of high alert. Palestinian Authority president Machmoud Leanardo stated earlier that the kidnappings where deplored, and that the PA forces, including HAMAS, had nothing to do with it, and indeed where co-operating with the Moderators to locate the missing threads.

The situation on the ground already seems to be spinning out of control. Unmanned Ariel Rumours have already caused injury to several bystanders at the Allenby crossing point into Jordan.

Earlier, a volley of surface-to-surface Rebuttals where launched from the Hebron area, targeting the outskirts of Tel Aviv. Most where intercepted by the Interminable Discussion anti-missile system, but some landed and caused minor syntactical damage. It appears these where in retaliation for a previous Hypotheticopter attacks on an office block in Hebron, which is believed to have killed several armed Metaphors.

• Like 4

War breaks out in the Middle East forums.

Following the apparent kidnapping of three Israeli threads, Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin NetAndThenhoo has brought the Israeli Debate Forces onto a state of high alert. Palestinian Authority president Machmoud Leanardo stated earlier that the kidnappings where deplored, and that the PA forces, including HAMAS, had nothing to do with it, and indeed where co-operating with the Moderators to locate the missing threads.

The situation on the ground already seems to be spinning out of control. Unmanned Ariel Rumours have already caused injury to several bystanders at the Allenby crossing point into Jordan.

Earlier, a volley of surface-to-surface Rebuttals where launched from the Hebron area, targeting the outskirts of Tel Aviv. Most where intercepted by the Interminable Discussion anti-missile system, but some landed and caused minor syntactical damage. It appears these where in retaliation for a previous Hypotheticopter attacks on an office block in Hebron, which is believed to have killed several armed Metaphors.

:gun: :gun: :P