Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Why Does Anyone Need an AR15

epicdarkness

I can understand why you would have a shotgun or a pistol if someone breaks into your home, but why would anyone need a weapon of that magnitude?

• Like 4

if someone breaks into your home, but why would anyone need a weapon of that magnitude?

It depends on what they broke into your home with. Maybe you're just not thinking this thing through.

If five burglars break in to your home, the issue you're more worried about is that you might be armed sufficiently to stop them? Why?

Why would 5 people break in at once?

faster.....

smash and grab

duh lol

Edited by spartan max2

Why would 5 people break in at once?

Don't get bogged down in a detail that doesn't answer my question. They can steal your stuff five times more quickly.

If five burglars break in to your home, the issue you're more worried about is that you might be armed sufficiently to stop them? Why?

• Like 1

Don't get bogged down in a detail that doesn't answer my question. They can steal your stuff five times more quickly.

I think most people would freeze in panic if a gun was pointed at them.

Edited by epicdarkness

My answer is one of the reasons that the founders intended, that everyone screams your crazy if you bring up.

Just in case you have to defend yourself against invaders or fight your government.

Probably will never happen but just in case it does. Things that seem impossible or unreal always happens in the world. Hell ask the Decons of Defense( if no one knows about these people then research its quite interesting :innocent: , the whole movement may of not worked without it) during the civil rights movement or the black panthers. They found it useful.

Stuff that happened in history seems obvious to us because hindsight is 20/20 we forget how stuff just appears out of the blue when somethings still in the future. When horrible things happen alot of times no one see's it coming

Edited by spartan max2
  • Like 6

I can understand why you would have a shotgun or a pistol if someone breaks into your home, but why would anyone need a weapon of that magnitude?

Define "weapon of that magnitude" for me please? I want to make sure we are engaging conversation on the same playing field. To be more specific, are you talking power of the weapon? Capacity? Look and image?

• Like 1

Because AR-15 are very light and so much more accurate than a pistol. It's the perfect defensive tool for a person who is inexperienced. If your panicking with a pistol in your hand you can easily miss someone less than 10 feet away. Shot guns are much heavier making an AR-15 a much better weapon for physically weaker people like women.

• Like 1

Why does anyone need 30 bullets in a clip which fire automatically. What is the purpose of assault weapons in the hands of civilians.

• Like 2

Fer shootin' an' freedom and 'murica, dammit.

And you know what is funny Imaginary.... That exact quote might be the last words you would hear if you broke into my house. Well, that and the sound of my chew spit splatterin on yer face after all da shootin was done.

Jeez, Imaginary.... stereotype much?

• Like 2

Why does anyone need 30 bullets in a clip which fire automatically. What is the purpose of assault weapons in the hands of civilians.

Umm, the problem initially with your statement here.... AR-15s are not automatic. They are a semi-auto weapon. That means you must pull the trigger every time you want to fire a round of ammunition.

As for magazine size... well, that to me is irrelevant.

• Like 4

Violent criminals aren't most people. You started with the premise that someone's home is being broken into. "Most people" aren't applicable.

Either you're still not answering my question or you're worried about a homeowner having an AR-15 to defend their home with from multiple intruders because most people would freeze in a panic if a gun was pointed at them?

To stop three guys with 10 bullets in each of theirs.

Being better armed makes sense to you when it's governments on battlefields, just can't quite apply that same logic to a person in their own home, eh? Why not?

• Like 2

To stop three guys with 10 bullets in each of theirs.

Being better armed makes sense to you when it's governments on battlefields, just can't quite apply that same logic to a person in their own home, eh? Why not?

There is no need for it, haven't you seen the amount of shootings these past months its on cnn practically every week.

And you know what is funny Imaginary.... That exact quote might be the last words you would hear if you broke into my house. Well, that and the sound of my chew spit splatterin on yer face after all da shootin was done.

Jeez, Imaginary.... stereotype much?

Because I'm planning to break into your house? I must have missed that part of the conversation. I happen to enjoy guns, as a matter of fact, but that is beside the point, for it would seem that levity is not allowed when discussing guns. Oh no. Can't have that.

• Like 1

There is no need for it, haven't you seen the amount of shootings these past months its on cnn practically every week.

I haven't seen the amount of shootings, no. But you're not making any sense. Why would shootings every week on CNN mean there's no need for it?

Put down that crystal ball Nostradamus. You can't see what there isn't a need for by watching CNN.

• Like 2

I think you may be projecting your fear onto others. I've owned AR's and they weren't for home defense. I used to shoot in "Service Rifle" competitions. The AR is a light weight, low recoil weapon that is highly accurate in the right hands. But the answer to your question is simpler than that. I owned them because I have every right to own them. I enjoyed shooting them and the hobby of reloading my own ammo. If it came to deciding to slaughter a bunch of people, a skilled marksman could do as much or MORE damage with a .22 rifle in semi auto.
  • Like 5

Why does anyone need an AR-15?

Well the stupidest and clearly most likely one is that it looks cool and people feel cool when they are holding and/or firing it.

An AR-15 is not fully automatic, or burst fire capable. It is semi-automatic just like some rifles and pistols.

I would agree that it is more accurate, intimidating and easy to move around then a regular rifle, or even a shotgun. So it would actually be easier to use for a smaller person.

• Like 1

Or shakily toss off a shot of the gun they grab from behind the couch with their eyes squeezed shut.

A viable reason for an auto or semi auto is to make sure that you, the inexperienced shooter, hits something. This gun shooting is an emergency last resort. That situation needs to work.

• Like 1

What is the purpose of assault weapons in the hands of the Police? As the Police forces become more and more militarized; the cries to disarm the public become more and more frequent from the propagandist MSM. Do you REALLY think this is a coincidence??

These days, I'd be much more afraid of my home being invaded, my dogs being shot and killed as well as losing my own life...in a no-knock raid in which Police get the wrong house or any other number of their bumbling mistakes. This is becoming an epidemic all across the U.S.

In short, I'd be more worried about the thugs in badges who are wielding AR15's than those of the general public who purchase them legally.

This isn't about the 'safety' of the people; it's about the subjugation and control of the people.

• Like 7

What is the purpose of assault weapons in the hands of the Police? As the Police forces become more and more militarized; the cries to disarm the public become more and more frequent from the propagandist MSM. Do you REALLY think this is a coincidence??

These days, I'd be much more afraid of my home being invaded, my dogs being shot and killed as well as losing my own life...in a no-knock raid in which Police get the wrong house or any other number of their bumbling mistakes. This is becoming an epidemic all across the U.S.

In short, I'd be more worried about the thugs in badges who are wielding AR15's than those of the general public who purchase them legally.

This isn't about the 'safety' of the people; it's about the subjugation and control of the people.

I hear this excuse more and more, Marcus, but if you are so concerned about the "subjugation and control of the people", then isn't it past time you changed your system of govt?

All I really see from the excuse given, is a group of people who perceive they are powerless, and are feeding their fear.

• Like 1

When did we have to start showing we had a need for something in order to get one? Need has nothing to do with it, want is sufficient.

• Like 3