Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Spiritual Ecology

ambelamba

In the East...(again?) many different religions and ideas on spirituality have had to coexist. And they ended up mutually supportive and influential on each other, without causing much conflicts.

This created a stark different view on spirituality from Western ones. (or just one.) Westerners, especially Murikans, are not free from Abrahamic monotheism no matter how much they try. Many people can't shake off the notion of one single supreme anthromorphic deity, especially a male one.

I mean...c'mon.

Can't people broaden their perspective and toy with different spiritual views? Oh, I see. I used to be one of many who are preoccupied with the notion of absolute, singular, inflexible truth over all things. To understand such mindset, I only have to LOOK BACK MY OWN PAST. It was this subliminal fear that even I couldn't dare to admit. Yeah that's right. I couldn't admit that I had a fear of retribution. I thought that I was so sure about my faith and salvation. But deep down, I had the fear of betraying my Lord and Master. And this fear should never be underestimated.

So I guess I answered my own question. Even Asians can't accept religious diversity when they are preoccupied with fundamentalism. Look at Buddhists from South East Asia. They are very intolerant to other faiths. And look at Korean Protestants. Their motto? "Jesus means Heaven & Unbelief means Hell!".

Well, so much for standing firm by one's faith, according to this idea. I refuse to submit to polytheism and paganism, so I suppose I'm not very "ecological."

I would suggest there is noting particularly 'wrong' about an individual's belief in a monotheism. It is when that monotheism becomes politicised and presumes authority over others (i.e. when faith becomes religion) that the nature of monotheism becomes an issue.

• Like 5

mono and multi god view is an attempt to explain spiritual experiences that are beyond words, in my experience.

they are as real as they are for the perceiver... and that's it.

• Like 1

So I guess I answered my own question. Even Asians can't accept religious diversity when they are preoccupied with fundamentalism. Look at Buddhists from South East Asia. They are very intolerant to other faiths. And look at Korean Protestants. Their motto? "Jesus means Heaven & Unbelief means Hell!".

I don't think Budists are intolerant of of others faith.

I think, they just have what works for them.

I think Fathers suggestions for living life is just a way (recipe) for kick starting a world. Man, did what it wanted with these suggestions. Condemning other men in hopes of it making a better world through force. But still just suggestions.

If I didn't know about self acountability, reincarnation and God's unconditional love. The Dogmas of these religions would bother me. This is probably the first life they havent lol.